[Q] Flashing 4.4 on Bell XZU

Search This thread

Eliasj

Jun 16, 2009
Well, it seems to me that Bell will never update the phone to KitKat, given that I never even got the update after .290, so I guess I have to take this to my own hands.

First off, is it safe to use flashtool on a locked bootloader? Sadly, Bell also screwed us out of an unlockable bootloader.

Secondly, will any ftf file that's for the 6833/6806 work?

And thirdly, what should I exclude via flashtool? My phone is currently on .290 with no root, a locked bootloader, and no way to unlock bootloader.

If anyone can provide any help, or even instructions to the procedure I should take, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mistamikel

Dec 18, 2006
Calgary
Just flash the 6833 ftf and see what happens (all should be good.though) if anything goes wrong just flash a proper ftf for the bell version.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Eliasj

Jun 16, 2009
I never backed up my TA partition, is that something that I must do, or can I exclude TA from flashtool and have it work that way? I'm also unrooted, so I can't quite just back it up.

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
I never backed up my TA partition, is that something that I must do, or can I exclude TA from flashtool and have it work that way? I'm also unrooted, so I can't quite just back it up.

You only need to backup ta partition if youre unlocking the bootloader.

You shouldn't have any problems flashing a non bell ftf.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aug 31, 2013
Shiraz
I flash ftf 6833 and my zu is 6802 . I nohave problem.:cyclops: my bootloder is lock!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
you must use The latest version FLASHTOOLS for flash ftf 6833 on 6802 Otherwise you cant flash !

caesu

Mar 11, 2012
youre fine flashing any c6833 .ftf i used the HK one, i just excluded baseband (since im not familiar with this stuff and i didnt want to mess with something that connects me to rogers lol ) TA is fine for us since our bootloader is locked from bell, i dont think well ever need to back it up.