Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2014, 09:09 PM |#51  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_vivi

Hai guys I have stock cellphone with. 681 is it possible to root?

Inviato dal mio C6833 utilizzando Tapatalk

The steps are:
  1. Search
  2. Read
  3. Read again
  4. Search again
  5. Read some more
  6. Realise that all your questions have already been answered

There is no published exploit for newer firmware than the .532 so you will have to downgrade or root by unlocking the bootloader (this last way wwill delete your TA partition and DRM keys, so again read before going down that route)
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueether Ad-Free

21st March 2014, 09:15 PM |#52  
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Yep that should all be fine.

only thing I haven't done is flash SuperSu as I won't be using it as a daily - just wanted to install and see how goo/bad it was.

Sony's 4.4 seems very smooth except for every so often it gets laggy for about 1/2 a second then it's all fine again, and the odd little flash of black on a screen re-draw

Thank you! Please, refresh my memory, to flash the .681 ftf I must use the flashmode, however, to flash the kernel img (681_jackie099) I should use the fastboot mode, right?
21st March 2014, 09:18 PM |#53  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpsi

Thank you! Please, refresh my memory, to flash the .681 ftf I must use the flashmode, however, to flash the kernel img (681_jackie099) I should use the fastboot mode, right?

Yep, vol down for flashmode and vol up for fast boot
The Following User Says Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blueether Ad-Free
21st March 2014, 09:27 PM |#54  
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_vivi

Hai guys I have stock cellphone with. 681 is it possible to root?

Inviato dal mio C6833 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello "Luca_vivi" yes it is possible to root your phone, however, as suggested by "blueether" you will have to read some threads. Resuming it, it doesn't seem to be possible to root your phone without downgrading your firmware (for exemple to .532), or unlocking your bootloader first. The problem is, when unlocking the bootloader you will loose an important partition of your phone (TA partition), and without root you can't backup that partition! So, in order to do that, you have to:
1 - downgrade your firmware via flash tool;
2 - Root you phone;
3 - Backup the TA partition;
4 - Unlock the bootloader;
5 - Flash again the .681 firmware via flash tool;
6 - Flash the proposed kernel on this thread via flash tool;
7 - Installing the superuser via custom recovery;
8 - update te superuser binary if needed.

Take a look to this thread from "lordManhattan": http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2569904

Good luck!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coolpsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Coolpsi Ad-Free
21st March 2014, 10:57 PM |#55  
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

You do, eh? Well okay.

I really really like it, but it's not as smooth as 4.3. It's not close to being bad, but I notice these tiny stutters here and there. I also feel like there's something that's draining my battery, so I'm currently looking into that. There are no major bugs or anything though, but I bet we'll get an update very soon though, since things could run a little better.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Hello! So, as far as I understand, from your point of view, for now, the .136 firmware is better?
22nd March 2014, 12:18 AM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag SOMEWHERE
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemaster

@jackie099 , thanks for the RIC disabled kernel.. any chance u could compile an alt version with PhilZ in the place of CWM?

I find CWM a bit annoying to use when there's a lot more intuitive option like PhilZ... i dont much care of TWRP, so even a dual rec with both CWM and PhilZ would be ok too, just want PhilZ as an option..

if u've got no plans of compiling such alt versions, it would be of help if someone can help me figure how i can go about doing the same.

thnks

Enjoy it
https://mega.co.nz/#!xwUiHZga!FmmbS6...-4W1cqrjQJC-B8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackie099 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackie099 Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 12:23 AM |#57  
Quote:

Yep that should all be fine.

only thing I haven't done is flash SuperSu as I won't be using it as a daily - just wanted to install and see how goo/bad it was.

Sony's 4.4 seems very smooth except for every so often it gets laggy for about 1/2 a second then it's all fine again, and the odd little flash of black on a screen re-draw

Humm I see, I have also read that there are some issues with sd card writing, any insight about that? If I may ask, what ROM are you using on a daily base? Many thanks!
22nd March 2014, 12:28 AM |#58  

Donate to Me
More
The issues with sdcard are enforced security is apps can no longer read/write to where they like without elevated permissions. Much more secure.

I'm running carbon as my daily, and will go back to slim when I can get it to build without errors and bugs.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 12:33 AM |#59  
Quote:

The issues with sdcard are enforced security is apps can no longer read/write to where they like without elevated permissions. Much more secure.

I'm running carbon as my daily, and will go back to slim when I can get it to build without errors and bugs.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

So, as far as I understand, the suoosed write sd card "issue" is a good think? When you say "elevated permissions" I supose that the user must give some kind of authorization in some actions, is it?
22nd March 2014, 03:28 AM |#60  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 660

More
All apps I've used so far have asked to move data from one spot on sd card to another (which I've allowed) then they worked ok - what sd issues are others experiencing?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to iBuzman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBuzman Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 04:04 AM |#61  
Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie099

Enjoy it
https://mega.co.nz/#!xwUiHZga!FmmbS6...-4W1cqrjQJC-B8

arigatou @jackie099 u da man!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)