[Q] Multiple questions about the Moto G

Search This thread

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
can you confirm that most of the synced crowd settings make sense in the way of privacy protection? because i havent looked too much into all those settings but even when i did i couldnt quiet understand them in depth...

I don not know in detail, how the process of recommended settings is done. I haven't tried it till know, but i'll get more in detail when i have a bit more time. The main reason was that i wanted to prevent that Facebook app collects too much data. If you look in the app itself you will see the orange exclamation mark. This shows you which functionality was requested by any app. If you look at these you might decide on your own if you want to use this functionality or not.

I am also still not an expert for this app and i also do not know all the options in detail. But as long apps are prevented from sending data, which need not to, for me for the beginning it is enough. Facebook for example also reads your SMS. But as you need Internet for Facebook to work properly Internet is allowed, but SMS are disabled by default. Maybe it makes sometimes sense to check it on your own, because XPrivacy is a crowd based software which only works with the opinions of the user.

Maybe you can also ask in the main thread for questions which i can not answer atm.

Reactions: bad1080

suresh0411

Mar 21, 2014
Wierd Problem

I had a wierd problem.When I activated Accessebility function my phone got hanged.And after rebooting it also I could not get out of it.I had to go in the recovery and do the factory resetting then only i got the phone running.But I lost my contacts and some files.I complained on chatting to the concerned person but apart from saying we will inform you he could not help much.Can any one describe why was this happened?

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
I had a wierd problem.

sorry man, i cant help you with that, maybe you want to open your own thread for that. and give people more information about your problem. e.g. what phone you are using, what android etc.

[ ANSWERED ]
i have found something weird on my moto g:
i opened the alarm and the ringtone was set to 'default' or 'standard', when i pushed it to change it there was no ringtone selected... thats seemed kinda weird to me and since i liked the standard ringtone for the alarm i wanted to know which one it is. because when i created a new alarm the ringtone wasnt set to 'standard' anymore but to something else from the list.
so i copied all the ringtones (COPY ALL THE RINGTONES! ><) to my google drive and i finally found the ringtone, it is called 'natural' but it is >not< in the list of available ringtones... i just found out i could have looked in the sound settings for the standard tone, derp!
another reason i am asking is because there are only 7 or 8 alarm tones to choose from at all...

anyway my question is how do i get to select the natural ringtone although it is not in the list? i have tried some things, but mainly it comes down to, i cant access my root folder from my windows pc, and i cant copy the ringtone files to the root\system\media folder on my phone. i have tried it with 'oi file manager', if anyone could help me with that it would be great!

Last edited:

avrojyoti

May 2, 2012
Kolkata
How disable ads for non-rooted Moto G [kitkat] ?

guys,can anybody please tell me how to disable ads for Moto G that is non-rooted ??
Having kitkat..

and why my notification LED is not working during charging ?? it should be turned on..no ??

Last edited:

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
guys,can anybody please tell me how to disable ads for Moto G that is non-rooted ??
Having kitkat..

and why my notification LED is not working during charging ?? it should be turned on..no ??

please stop highjacking this thread for your own random questions, please open your own threads! and give more informations, e.g. what ads are you even talking about and where are they coming from! ;)

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
thought my question belongs to "multiple questions" :/

well i am sorry but as i said before: open your own thread for your questions. that way its easier to understand, follow and reply to questions.

i have another question, it seems to very hard to have a browser on android who is capable of displaying a website with inverted colors. i have tried the following:

-chrome (cant do it by itself, maybe there is a way but i havent found it)
-opera mini (cant do it by itself, maybe there is a way but i havent found it)
-firefox (can do it with stylish, but my problem is that the browser isnt working properly atm, it keeps being unresponsive and then it crashes)
-mercury (can do it but its too complicated)
-dolphin (cant do it by itself, maybe there is a way but i havent found it)
-android stock 'browser' (usually CAN do it, but either it is bugged in the current version or its just mocking me - i have no problem using the inverted colors on my old phone but on the moto g its simply impossible)

so it seems firefox or stock browser is the way to go i just have to hope for a fix in the future, or has anybody an idea of how to make this work?!? if so please help! :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

kliu888

Feb 20, 2013
2. i really liked the cLock app for time and weather in cm, but google-ing 'clock app' wasnt the most helpful thing i've ever done ^^ so here my queston would be aswel whats the cyanogenmod cLock app and where can i find it?!

cLock has been made standalone. You can now get it from PlayStore. Just search for "Chronus: Home & Lock Widget." I have it installed on my moto g & love it!

Last edited:

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
cLock has been made standalone. You can now get it from PlayStore. Just search for "Chronus: Home & Lock Widget." I have it installed on my moto g & love it!

yea i know ^^ i dont think you would read the whole thread but all the questions from the start have been answered already! ;)

the only two questions open atm are the two from my last posting, one about inverted colors in a browser on android. and one about adding ringtones to my alarm. thanks nevertheless!

edit:

i have edited the answered questions on the first page to make it more clear

Last edited:

kliu888

Feb 20, 2013
yea i know ^^ i dont think you would read the whole thread but all the questions from the start have been answered already! ;)

the only two questions open atm are the two from my last posting, one about inverted colors in a browser on android. and one about adding ringtones to my alarm. thanks nevertheless!

edit:

i have edited the answered questions on the first page to make it more clear

Sorry about that!

For ringtons for alarms, I just copied the ringtons I want to /sdcard/Alarms folder. Then after reboot, I was able to see them from alarm settings. Give it a try. Remeber to reboot.

Last edited:

suresh0411

Mar 21, 2014
Wierd Problem

My phone is dual sim Moto g running on Kitkat. I had a wierd problem.When I activated Accessebility function on my phone it got hanged.And after rebooting it several times I could not get out of it.The phone was freezed on the home screen .I had to go in the recovery and do the factory resetting then only i got the phone running.But I lost my contacts and some files.I had complained on chatting to the concerned person but apart from saying we will inform you he could not help much.Can any one describe why was this happened?
This problem is occuring frequently on phone.

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
Sorry about that!

For ringtons for alarms, I just copied the ringtons I want to /sdcard/Alarms folder. Then after reboot, I was able to see them from alarm settings. Give it a try. Remeber to reboot.

no need to excuse, and thanks for your answer! i really could have seen this one but i guess sometimes i miss the forest for the trees... ><

so then there is only [ one question ] left, cmon guys i know we can do this! ^^

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
You're welcome!
Check navigation bar settings in gravity box, you can change the size of the soft keys and gain space.
Go for that apps if you think you need more usable screensize (hard to believe)

'extended desktop' is really helpfull imo, it doesnt matter if youre reading with the kindle app, playing a game or just browsing the extra space is really nice to have. and an app isnt even neccessary thanks to the awesome xframework with gravity box ;)

Reactions: Landrea

bad1080

Jul 29, 2012
hi all!

i would like to set my device to 'mass storage device' mode, unfortunately this is not an option on the moto g. whats the easiest way to get it nevertheless. my phone is rooted and i have xframework installed, maybe there is an option i have missed in gravity box?!?

would an app like this be an option for kitkat android too? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389375

i tried google but it only came up with multiple methods for other phones and the tip from the help on the motorola website isnt working either...

thanks for reading!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi everybody!

sorry for the non-descriptive title, but i have some questions i'd like to ask here. i just got my moto g 2 days ago, i switched from a samsung galaxy s+ (with cm10.2) so this is quite the change for me, hardware and software wise.

1. first i missed the possibility to swipe my keyboard to type, i found many different apps for that, but my question would be what is the keyboard included in cyanogenmod? because since this can 'see' everything i type i want an app for that i can trust...

2. i really liked the cLock app for time and weather in cm, but google-ing 'clock app' wasnt the most helpful thing i've ever done ^^ so here my queston would be aswel whats the cyanogenmod cLock app and where can i find it?!

3. next thing would be how can i get something like pdroid on this device (i had it on the sgs+)? i would need root i assume, i saw lots of different methods for that aswel. one with like contacting motorola to get the rom unlocked or something like that. so whats the easiest way to get a privacy control on the moto g? i remember something like the new android has some inbuilt setting for that?!?

4. something that is irritating me quite a lot are the software keys, because samsung has the back key on the right side and the moto has it on the left side. also i dont understand why there would be a key for recent apps instead of a menu key. same here: i saw lots of different methods to change that, some even with adding or getting rid of lines of the code. ok i managed to install cm on my sgs, but thats a little out of my capabilities ^^ so again what would be the easiest way to change the buttons around?

5. another thing would be, how do i turn off the vibration when using the keyboard? i tried the setting under 'sound' -> 'vibrate on touch' (or something along those lines) but that didnt turn off all of the vibration, for example its still vibrating when i use the keyboard but not anymore when i open apps or menus.

maybe there is even the possibility to install a stable version of cyanogenmod on the moto g which would solve most of my issues? but since this is running so smoothly i dont want any nightly builds, alphas or betas on this thing right now...

btw i am using the nova launcher in case that makes any difference for any of the questions above!?

also i include this screenshot with all the version numbers in it because it might be useful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JftqugO1xsbnh1dTBrQzZVWXc/edit?usp=sharing

thanks a bunch in advance and for reading and i hope someone is willing and able to help me out here!:fingers-crossed:

You can install the stock google keyboard from the play store for using swype, And there is cyangenmod version available for the G, you should go to the Moto G Original Android Development section of the forum for that. The vibration option should be in your sound / keyboard settings so you just need to look better i gues.
    hi and thanks for your answer! sadly i dont know which one 'the stock google keyboard' is, a link to the right app in the play store would be helpful, is it this one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.uniquedroid.appkeyboarddebugsettings&hl=de

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

Here you go

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1032 met Tapatalk
    thanks again, sadly the play store says: 'This app is incompatible with all of your devices.' and it seems this is because of some kind of regional restrictions for this app and/or my country. i cant imagine what and why that would be but i cant download it from there, is there any other way to get this? like an .apk or something?

Maybe it's not available in your country, im not sure if there's an apk for that. I suggest you google for : google keyboard or something like that

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1032 met Tapatalk
    You're welcome!
    Check navigation bar settings in gravity box, you can change the size of the soft keys and gain space.
    Go for that apps if you think you need more usable screensize (hard to believe)

'extended desktop' is really helpfull imo, it doesnt matter if youre reading with the kindle app, playing a game or just browsing the extra space is really nice to have. and an app isnt even neccessary thanks to the awesome xframework with gravity box ;)