Originally Posted by amiel1080p
hello guys, i know this is out of the topic but i cannot find anywhere to ask this,, i just got my homesync yesterday, immeiately i hook it up into my tv,, however i could not set up my device (note3) as administrator. also in the settings of the homesync, my samsung account's auto sync is disable and i could not enable it,, thanks in advance for the answer
Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.
---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------
I finally managed to root the Homesync. Here's what I've done.
1) Make sure you're at a firmware like MJ3 or earlier. I tried on ML4 but it did not work on this one.
2) Download "saferoot" from the following link:
3) Then read the following post:
and download the following supersu update:
4) Extract the newly downloadaed superuser.zip and find the su binary in armeabi folder and the superuser.apk in the root folder of the extracted zip file
5) Copy the new su binary and the superuser.apk to the files directory inside extracted saferoot directory. Replace the existing su and superuser.apk
6) Enable development mode and then usb debugging on Homesync
7) run saferoot, let it do its job
You shall now be rooted. If you want to keep it, don't upgrade to newer firmware. I'll try to see if there's a way to upgrade but still keep root.
PS. All credit goes to k1mu who built the saferoot tool and the discussion in the bug report, and the updated su from Koush.