Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasland

it's not the op
adb doesn't run

it says looking for device

i love my zu but i miss my note2 flashing days

Make sure you have your device in Flashmode!

23rd March 2014, 12:31 AM |#82  
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twnrsworld

Make sure you have your device in Flashmode!

Fastboot mode
23rd March 2014, 08:12 AM |#83  
Flag Pilipinas
Thanks Meter: 2,491

Donate to Me
More
Flash the boot.img after that bootloop cannot go to recovery mode (twrp,cwm). Unlocked bootloader..

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
23rd March 2014, 11:40 AM |#84  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Hello all members, people here says you can flash this kernel by flashtool, what is the procedure? because when i put this kernel to firmware folder and select flash mod it is not showing up. So how can you flash this kernel by flashtool? After flashing do you need to reboot system or boot to recovery to flash SU???
23rd March 2014, 11:54 AM |#85  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminthoria

Hello all members, people here says you can flash this kernel by flashtool, what is the procedure? because when i put this kernel to firmware folder and select flash mod it is not showing up. So how can you flash this kernel by flashtool? After flashing do you need to reboot system or boot to recovery to flash SU???

Hello "jasminthoria", you have to flash it, via Flash Tool, but in "fastboot mode" and, you don't have to necessarly put the kernel img. in the firmware folder (actually, it my even nor work that way, I have never try it), you just have to browse where your file is (e.g. homescreen) and select it. Cheers.
23rd March 2014, 01:31 PM |#86  
Flag Pilipinas

Donate to Me
More
3 times flash the boot.img no success. Black screen.. This is the only method to root the 681.

23rd March 2014, 02:37 PM |#87  
Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 37

More
not directed at anyone in general...

just wanted to say that u dont need flashtool to flash kernel first of all...

if ur bootloader's unclocked, all u need is fastboot command line files available for both mac and pc.. u can get that from android development toolkit or just google how to use fastboot... u'll find several kits (with adb, etc)..
its the same old way to flash kernels n such for almost every android phone

u can use flashtool too.. it maybe easier (i've never used through)... in anycase, make sure fastboot drivers are installed (from the drivers folder of flashtool) and if u're on windows 8, then refer to FAQ from flashtool website... u'll need to disable driving signing on windows 8 to be able to install most drivers..

either way, u need to power off ur phone, connect to usb with the vol key up in order to enter fastboot mode on ur phone first and foremost... fastboot mode will have a blue led lit up on ur phone.... otherwise flashtool, drivers, fastboot commands are all gonna fail.

would help to read up on stuff before trying stunts.. or when things fail, google error codes and situations.
dont just post on xda and expect someone to magically help u... makes u less prepared for future stunts and u may end up bricking ur phone or worse...

just saying it out loud to all those u keep posting they cant get their bootloader unlocked ZU rooted.
and just coz i'm tired of the way ppl just post stuff without even reading a page before,,, i'm sure on page 10, someone will yet again ask the same question.

no matter how intuitive u make a forum, ppl just dont want to put in an effort to even search their problem - drives me mad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spicemaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spicemaster Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 01:44 AM |#88  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Ok... seems to be a lot of people having problems. The guide is pretty easy, but if coming from a different device (samsung, HTC) then it is different. I made a little video. Hope it helps iron out some edges that you can't get over...

Shove that in the OP if you think it helps Jak
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hamdogg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdogg Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 03:32 AM |#89  
Flag Pilipinas

Donate to Me
More
The only problem mate is.. Flash the kernel successfully but when i boot no recovery and blackscreen with orange led blinking..

24th March 2014, 12:27 PM |#90  
Flag Pilipinas

Donate to Me
More
Edit: i figured it out. No more problems.:banghead:

24th March 2014, 04:55 PM |#91  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Hello, thanx for this, i rooted my xzu with this

I was wondering if this kernel does support loop, because i'd like to install ubuntu on my zu, but i'm not sure if i can.

If you can reply me i'd be awesome thanx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)