[Q]Flashing Stock Rom

Search This thread

vic1996680

Mar 19, 2014
Hi.. i'm new to android and samsung things
that's why i'm here to ask something and hope could get a fast reply

Problem:
I have a note 2 N-7100 with 4.3 stock rom(unroot, OTA updated to 4.3 from 4.1.2)
I wan to know how to flash back to 4.1.2(4.1.1 if possible)(step-by-step)
done some searching over the net and all thread confused me
will 4.3 stock rom flashed to 4.1.2 or 4.1.1 stock will void the warranty(Knox)

What is the Risk i have to take?

Why i want to downgrade?
Crazy battery drain rate.. even when turn off the phone(1day about 8%)
Sometimes shuttering when hearing music

any reply is appreciate.. TQ

joy854

Nov 12, 2013
Bhopal
Your Knox flag will become 0*1. You can flash stock 4.1 through odin. But you will need to format your internal memory as well as your all apps will be deleted.

vic1996680

Mar 19, 2014
Your Knox flag will become 0*1. You can flash stock 4.1 through odin. But you will need to format your internal memory as well as your all apps will be deleted.

tq for the reply..

so.. i just need odin and the stock rom downloaded from sammobile
and i dont need any custom recovery.. am i right?
well the apps can be redownload

abuhurayra

May 30, 2013
almedinah
No you don't need custom recovery for flashing stock.

As joy854 said your knox flag will become 0*1. It means you lose warranty for ever and that you lose the ability to update the phone the normal samsung way.

I recommend to you that you try custom rom like hurricane or phoenix. I get more than 2 days battery with hurricane and note 3 apps.

vic1996680

Mar 19, 2014
No you don't need custom recovery for flashing stock.

As joy854 said your knox flag will become 0*1. It means you lose warranty for ever and that you lose the ability to update the phone the normal samsung way.

I recommend to you that you try custom rom like hurricane or phoenix. I get more than 2 days battery with hurricane and note 3 apps.

So.. will custom rom void my warranty by trigger the knox?

JedNote2

Dec 17, 2013
Imus, Cavite
Be careful!!

Hey man if you have taken the 4.3 update from OTA then you cannot downgrade to 4.1.2 stock because that 4.3 update came with Knox bootloader, because of that you cannot downgrade your phone from older firmwares which do not have that knox bootloader. It might brick your device mate, so just be careful man.

steventam

Mar 23, 2014
Hong Kong
Why i want to downgrade?
Crazy battery drain rate.. even when turn off the phone(1day about 8%)
Sometimes shuttering when hearing music

any reply is appreciate.. TQ

I am having similar issues with you, but i am not thinking of downgrading my ROM, You can solve the battery drain problem by downloading an app called Battery Doctor (tried putting a link here to it but the forum wont allow me since im a junior member, but you can search it out in the google play store) It is very useful and it helped me a lot. But after updating OTA to 4.3 I do get stutters when hearing music, a tad few seconds sometimes in between music. I wonder if there is a problem to solve this? Other than that. 4.3 works great on my GT-N7105. Thank you.

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
AFAIK flashing anything non-stock in odin will trigger knox flash counter. Root will be blocked by knox apps which can be disabled, but I don't think having root permissions itself would trigger the counter.
Personally I wouldnt care about the knox counter, so long as the issue was hardware related I would play ignorant; there's no way they can prove your device wasn't sold to you with a voided counter. That's not to say they'll validate your warranty, but with a bit of a fight the correct result would me they have to honour it - but no one wants that hassle.