FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: who wants to see this device rooted?

yes

108 Vote(s)
99.08%
no

1 Vote(s)
0.92%

GT-B9150 Samsung Homesync *ROOT*

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By erik10002, Senior Member on 24th October 2013, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2014, 04:33 PM |#31  
Flag Las Piñas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy

Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.[COLOR="Silver"]

my firmware is me3, so i need to update this?

23rd March 2014, 07:13 PM |#32  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Congratulation, this is a long awaited performance. I've firmware ML4, shall I downgrade before? If so, how?
23rd March 2014, 09:50 PM |#33  
Flag Las Piñas

More
[QUOTE=fastguy;51304003]Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

sir i just downloaded the mj3 firmware, how can i flash? is it like flashing an android phone?
can i use odin? and i will put the firmware in pdn?
sorry for all the question,,

thanks so much

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

[QUOTE=amiel1080p;51310062]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastguy

Hi, I also had some issues with the original firmware. Try to upgrade it either from the UI (settings, about) or using Odin or Kies after downloading the latest firmware for your country from sammobile.com . I had MJ3 firmware which was working good.[COLOR="Silver"]

my firmware is me3, so i need to update this?

23rd March 2014, 09:50 PM |#34  
Flag MONTEVRAIN
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Yes u must start it with holding function button, and push once power button. If the led is red, so the home sync is started in download mode. Then u can connect it on USB and flash it with odin

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005 using Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 10:23 PM |#35  
Flag Las Piñas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOulOo

Yes u must start it with holding function button, and push once power button. If the led is red, so the home sync is started in download mode. Then u can connect it on USB and flash it with odin

will try it now
thanks=)

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOulOo

my laptop does not seem to recognize my homesync, it does not appear on odin
(it recognizes just now) =)
23rd March 2014, 10:26 PM |#36  
Flag MONTEVRAIN
Thanks Meter: 20

More
U need android adb USB driver... In the android SDK

23rd March 2014, 11:05 PM |#37  
Flag Las Piñas

More
yay!! it did work, thank sor the help @LOulOo will now try to connect a ps3 controller for gaming
24th March 2014, 07:50 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
LOulOo I am tempted to try to flash Nexus 10 recovery or the 4.2.2 nexus factory system.img

I spent a lot of hours yesterday trying to bring a stock navbar with clock and notifications but I failed. I also still can't see the usual apps in Play store although I did all possible changes in the build.prop.

I will hope that the system.img from nexus 10 is compatible

I also wrote to Chainfire for a flash kernel for Mobile Odin but he did not write back yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fastguy Ad-Free
25th March 2014, 09:56 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Todays results: Failure

I tried to build a recovery after extracing the Nexus 10 CWM recovery and comparing and matching its contents with the stock recovery. I can also flash it using dd, but then the Homesync does not boot anymore, light turns on and off after 1 sec.

Luckly download mode still works and I can re-flash the stock recovery.img to bring it back to life.

I also tried the same for boot.img, I just added a very small file, but when I flash it, same thing happens.

It seems the bootloader has some kind of safety check which checks if the boot.img partition or recovery partition is modified and if so, stops booting

Still could not try updating /system partition manually.
14th April 2014, 07:37 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Angry On sale for 99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/homesync...sync&cp=1&lp=1

Samsung Homesync on sale for $99 at bestbuy
The Following User Says Thank You to ps3play For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ps3play Ad-Free
15th April 2014, 02:53 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3play

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/homesync...sync&cp=1&lp=1

Samsung Homesync on sale for $99 at bestbuy

Just bought one from Bestbuy on sale for $99, I had a $50 gift card from Christmas so I ended up spending $50!

I'm glad there is a root method for the device and will work on achieving root ASAP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)