[Q] Warranty is up, time to unlock and install a custom rom+kernel. Suggestions?

Search This thread

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
I'm using stock .96 on my Xperia S, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. I installed the new Home and Walkman, rooted, and for me it's pretty much perfect already.

Since my warranty is up, I want to improve the phone to the max with a custom rom and kernel, but there are a lot of those on here, and I don't really have time to test them all.

Which one do you guys think is faster than stock and with more features and the least amount of bugs (or no bugs at all)?

Thanks in advance.

franklin93

Jan 31, 2013
Heart of India-Mumbai
none,if i say seriously.i was like u but tried almost all roms.all are good and have different advantages but u use ur phone for camera,video and for heavy use like me,dont move to a custom rom for sure.u can try them after making a cwm backup and restore if u dont like.cm10 for locked bootloaders have everything working with few negligible minor bugs;)

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
If you like pure stock then I would highly suggest ExistenZ. I am really enjoying it at the moment and has been running fine. I really enjoy my Ion and with the new themes and stuff I don't even want a new device lol. The camera is a issue and if you do try this rom I suggest you also flash advance stock camera before initial boot. The newer camera is cool but with so many bugs its kinda pointless.

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
Ok then, I've decided how to upgrade... I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4. Found a really good deal on a used one and decided to get it.

Gave my XPS to my father so he upgraded from his god awful Xperia Arc S on ICS (a phone so slow it's literally unusable).

Honestly, I vastly prefer the interface, looks, build, and screen of the Xperia S, but the Galaxy S4 is way faster and the screen is bigger (colors are unrealistic because of OLED, I preferred the screen on the Xperia S), camera is also much better. If I was richer I would have bought a brand new Z1 though.