FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

NetTAB/IconBIT Callisto 100 - Anyone heard of it?

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Zormal, Member on 5th January 2014, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2014, 01:07 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Im hopefully going to get my callisto delivered tomorrow, im excited to give it a try, i did preorder the omate but i cancelled my omate order as waiting till may was too long and the callisto seems very similar from what i have read, i have got a few payg sim cards to try out and ill be giving it a go as my main phone for a week or so with the help of a bluetooth headset.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

22nd March 2014, 01:44 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcfan85

Sweet~

So I can keep up to the date with the latest firmware no matter whoever puts it out first. I just hope the battery life is longer than 2 days with some usage. I think this will be better than the Gear if it worked as smoothly as it does in the videos. If the battery life is about 3 days, which is close to what the SW2 gets, do you think I would end up returning the SW2?

Although I like it, there are times when this occasionally doesn't work. Like I'll try to open an app and I see that bar that indicates loading and then it stops without it opening. Sometimes I have to shut it on and off or just turn the screen on and off. I like the idea of being able to send a text from my smartwatch, even if the keyboard is small (I would likely use Swype since I'm really used to it). That will probably be one of the first things I try on the watch when I get it.

I will not even try to use this as a phone, only as an extension of my smartphone. I hope there's a way to respond to messages from other apps, like Line or KakaoTalk, from the Callisto rather than having to take out my phone... but that may be hoping for too much.

i had one and sold it. you cannot use it only as an extension of your smartphone. it is a standalone phone. i went to ATT store and even called ATT and they both told me you have to have a sim card for it to work and pay for a plan and it had to have a seperate Phone #.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcfan85

I can't get Tablet Talk to work on my Callisto 100. I think it's because the Callisto and my phone are both considered phones, as opposed to the watch being considered a tablet. Therefore they can't find each other... My Nexus 7 connects with my phone both through WiFi and through bluetooth.

i couldnt get tablet talk to work either on my callisto. so i sold it. i want a watch that can be a standalone as well as companion.
25th March 2014, 02:11 AM |#113  

More
Ive just received my iconbit callisto 100 and im pretty blown away with how smooth and responsive it is, its an amazing bit of tech. Im a gadget lover and havent bought it for any specific purpose just as a toy to enjoy and experiment with. I did previously own a sony smartwatch but i wasnt that impressed with it... but this thing wow! It is a fullblown smartphone on your wrist all the things that amazed us all a few years back about our smartphones is now possible on a watch! Live tv, youtube, google earth, sat nav, google streets, stream movies etc from the watch to other devices like tvs or game consoles, upto 32gb sd storage on your wrist, use the watch as a wifi hotspot for your tablet, get all your emails whatsapp text or other messages straight to your wrist, voice search is good, as typing is a little fiddly. Ive just whacked a pay as you go sim in mine and its great. It charges in under an hour and lasts upto 3days light usage.

Only problem i found is the watch mic gets some interference during a call, but with a bluetooth headset its crystal clear. Also its not unusable without the headset, just sounds like a bit of a bad line, fine for "ill be back in 20mins" or "can you grab some milk while your there"... although for long or important conversations i recommend a bluetooth headset.

Ive thrown lots of different apps at this watch in the short time ive had it and it handles most very well. I think the screen size and shape is the only reason some apps arent available but most are.

This watch benchmarks about the same as a samsung galaxy s2. Not bad for a watch!

25th March 2014, 02:26 AM |#114  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,752

Donate to Me
More
Please tell me you are not using it without the patch.
25th March 2014, 09:41 AM |#115  

More
Im gonna have a go at patching it later today. Ive just been testing it out abit

25th March 2014, 09:56 AM |#116  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Very unwise to use it at all without patching it but OK.
26th March 2014, 01:43 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

1. Callisto 100
  2. EU 512-4 2100 20140120 working sensors.zip
  3. EnSec+Operative-CASUAL-Edition-20140312.zip

Excuse me, I have a question about flash Callisto 100 with firmware Omate (EU 512-4 2100 20140120 working sensors.zip) I must remove the check mark for PRELOADER?

Thanks
26th March 2014, 03:20 PM |#118  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik81

Excuse me, I have a question about flash Callisto 100 with firmware Omate (EU 512-4 2100 20140120 working sensors.zip) I must remove the check mark for PRELOADER?

Thanks

No
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lokifish Marz Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 05:20 PM |#119  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Does anyone have the stock launcher apk for the iconbit callisto 100? i installed the operative file and wasnt a fan of the launchers would like to get the original launcher back tried to install ensec build but that didnt have the stock one either.

also curious if anyones gotten tasker autovoice always listening to work on the device for voice activation of things without needing to press anything else first. I got it to work when you first enable the listener in autovoice but than anything after the first command doesnt work right and i have to turn it off and back on again.

Thanks,
26th March 2014, 06:43 PM |#120  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly1113

Does anyone have the stock launcher apk for the iconbit callisto 100? i installed the operative file and wasnt a fan of the launchers would like to get the original launcher back tried to install ensec build but that didnt have the stock one either.

also curious if anyones gotten tasker autovoice always listening to work on the device for voice activation of things without needing to press anything else first. I got it to work when you first enable the listener in autovoice but than anything after the first command doesnt work right and i have to turn it off and back on again.

Thanks,

The stock launcher is in the removed folder on internal storage. All it is really, is the vanilla aosp launcher with the dock hidden.
26th March 2014, 09:50 PM |#121  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Thanks loki

I do really like the idea of the smart launcher it's slick. I just can't figure out how to get more pages like 5 or 3 home screens to scroll through and miss the static status bar like the stock launcher had.

sent from my note 3 running beans.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)