[Q] Recommend me a ROM?

Search This thread

captainjames

Sep 4, 2012
I have had a look through the rom's for the i9195 and can't seem to decide which to get.

My main problems with the stock touchwiz rom are:
Terrible battery life (Having to charge twice a day sometimes)
Occasional lag
Touchwiz itself, I prefer stock Android

So I want a good stock rom, or something customised with cool features which I can atleast get a day's heavy use from.
I'll miss the little things like saying cheese to get the camera to take a picture, anything I can do to get this back?
It must be stable.
Everything must work.

Another thing I want but doesn't have to be incorporated in the rom is a launcher that supports placing apps inside the app drawer into folders, any suggestions? Must have the look of the stock android or nexus 5 launcher.

Thanks In Advance

Last edited:

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
I have had a look through the rom's for the i9195 and can't seem to decide which to get.

My main problems with the stock touchwiz rom are:
Terrible battery life (Having to charge twice a day sometimes)
Occasional lag
Touchwiz itself, I prefer stock Android

So I want a good stock rom, or something customised with cool features which I can atleast get a day's heavy use from.
I'll miss the little things like saying cheese to get the camera to take a picture, anything I can do to get this back?
It must be stable.
Everything must work.

Another thing I want but doesn't have to be incorporated in the rom is a launcher that supports placing apps inside the app drawer into folders, any suggestions? Must have the look of the stock android or nexus 5 launcher.

Thanks In Advance

I'm pretty sure asking for recommended ROM is against the forum rule, but since your problem lies elsewhere, so here it is: You can stay with TW ROM and improve your battery life by using custom kernel. The CPU governor is the main reason for poor battery life.

As for ROMs, well there's a few to choose from you got to do some research yourself. But I prefer Slimroms since it bare minimum.

You're free to use any launcher as you please even on TW. Note though flash kernel or ROM will trip knox.

ismael0301

Oct 19, 2012
Panamá
well..

look my friend is about what you looking for there are some rom for you taste but.. you can test carbon i a good one... MUIU v5 that a very customizable rom and have good battery life! ther eis a new one LewaOS im testing that one and very cool and smoth this phone have agood battery life so you can go for something customizable! other roms like LS or Cyanogen are pretty good tho! :):good::fingers-crossed: