FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT][IOroot] Root your LG G Pro 2 [F350][Woohoo!]

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,912
 
By autoprime, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 5th March 2014, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2014, 05:40 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Smile
Hi
I'm using G PRO 2 D838 but cant root now.
Is any possible to root my device ?
 
 
24th March 2014, 11:22 PM |#32  
autoprime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,912
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypig04

Hi
I'm using G PRO 2 D838 but cant root now.
Is any possible to root my device ?

most likely no... a new exploit (not ioroot) will need to be made public.
25th March 2014, 09:55 AM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

most likely no... a new exploit (not ioroot) will need to be made public.

Can't wait this to happen. I'm using D838 too
The Following User Says Thank You to sanven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanven Ad-Free
25th March 2014, 05:38 PM |#34  
jarari2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jeonju
Thanks Meter: 372
 
More
Would you make one for G Pro 1?
Hi! I don't own G2 or G pro 2 but G pro.
5 days passed after KK update but no good news with it...
So... could you make one for G pro?
I'll be your tester!

Model : LG-F240L
Target Operator : LGU
SW version : F240L20c
Fingerprint : lge/geefhd4g_lgu_kr/geefhd4g:4.4.2/KOT49I.F240L20c/F240L20c.1394711519:user/release-keys
27th March 2014, 07:33 PM |#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Is this comply to LG D838 International edotion?

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th March 2014, 06:57 AM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile plz
plz support for f240 lg optimus g pro
30th March 2014, 01:39 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc042982

Is this comply to LG D838 International edotion?

Sent from my LG-D838 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No, up to this moment.
30th March 2014, 07:42 PM |#38  
autoprime's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,912
 
Donate to Me
More
ioroot25

4.4.2 root is here.

Download HERE

Changelog:
v25 - Added root for 4.4.2 devices. Added G Pro 2 D838 support. Thanks to @jarari2 for the idea to go through stock recovery.

Scripts need testing!! I am 99% sure the method works across all ioroot support devices but I am NOT 100% sure if the script/bat files are perfect.

Manual method below if you don't wanna use script:
Code:
Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode. 
Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.

copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line. 

adb devices
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload kk_root.zip

reboot when zip finishes flashing. done.

*ATTENTION*
shucks.. apparently this still wont work with D838. no way to get into the stock recovery.

ioroot25 will root any LG 4.4.2 phone if it can get into recovery.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 10:04 AM |#39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
thanks but it still doesn't work...

once on recovery, the screen says 'no command' (with the android pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

ioroot25

4.4.2 root is here.

Download HERE

Changelog:
v25 - Added root for 4.4.2 devices. Added G Pro 2 D838 support. Thanks to @jarari2 for the idea to go through stock recovery.

Scripts need testing!! I am 99% sure the method works across all ioroot support devices but I am NOT 100% sure if the script/bat files are perfect.

Manual method below if you don't wanna use script:

Code:
Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
Enable USB Debugging. VZW users must also enable ethernet mode. 
Open terminal/command prompt. windows/linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
(windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select "open command window" option.

copy/paste commands below.. hitting enter/return after each line. 

adb devices
adb reboot recovery
adb sideload kk_root.zip

reboot when zip finishes flashing. done.

*ATTENTION*
Verizon G2 4.4.2 seems to nag about files being modded or a virus being installed... obviously there are more checks in place to detect root. I assume a simple .apk freeze will fix the nag... which apk though.. I do not know. That's for you guys for bother with

31st March 2014, 04:02 PM |#40  
Junior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l344364737

Do you kown any download link of kdz/tot for F350? I want to flash back to v10c/10d but cant get an firmware.

Sent from my LG-F350L using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

it is very lucky that someone uploaded TOT file for the F350K/L just today!!

check out this website

http://www.lg-phones.org/official-st...#comment-29864
1st April 2014, 06:05 AM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I hope this is not April/1 joke..
[QUOTE=autoprime;51507049]ioroot25

4.4.2 root is here.

Download HERE

Changelog:
v25 - Added root for 4.4.2 devices. Added G Pro 2 D838 support. Thanks to @jarari2 for the idea to go through stock recovery.


Hope this is real will give it a try (April/1?)
The Following User Says Thank You to sanven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes