FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 08:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2014, 05:52 PM |#971  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by denniskrol

Aren't the SD backups just encrypted copies of the 'working db' in /data/data/com.whatsapp? You could try to decrypt it with the old tool and then copy it to /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/ You'll be missing the wa.db (contacts), but maybe whatsapp will get that data from the server.
Assuming you have root, else you can ignore this post :P

Actually, it worked like a charm.... You have to set up WhatsApp one time, just make sure to disable all internet connections right after the comfirmation SMS, because otherwise without database or restorable backup you'll get kicked out of all existing groups. Now, when you can see the chat overview, you have to close WhatsApp, really close it, and then you can copy the "msgstore.plain.db" which was extracted to databases, rename it to "msgstore.db", overwrite the existing one, set the permissions to "read" and "write" for "user" and you're good to go Was kind of a hassle to figure it out, but I've got my chats back. Thanks @denniskrol

24th March 2014, 07:25 PM |#972  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Smile WhatsApp Viewer
Hi I wrote a little tool to display WhatsApp messenges on PC. I was only able to test it against a very small database file, but you can try if this one works for you.
After opening a database, the decrypted file is located at your temp directory (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WAV?????.tmp) until the program is terminated.

hxxps://github.com/andreas-mausch/whatsapp-viewer/releases
(I am not allowed to post links yet, replace hxxps with https please)

How to use:
1. Download msgstore.db.crypt5 from your Android phone (located at /sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases)
2. Open WhatsApp Viewer
3. File -> Open -> Select file
4. Enter account name. This must be the same Google account name used on your phone. If you have more than one account, try the first one. Make sure you enter the whole email address as account name. If you have trouble, sometimes leaving the account name empty is known to work.
5. Click on a chat to show the messages.

Currently only text and image messages are supported (no audio, gps).
You cannot see bigger images because only thumbnails are stored in the database.
You see cryptic phone numbers because account names or details are not stored in the database (no support for wa.db yet).

This release is not stable and known to crash sometimes. Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreasmausch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andreasmausch Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 09:00 PM |#973  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I guess there isn't even the slightest chance anyone is working on a version for iphone logs right?
25th March 2014, 02:46 AM |#974  
Flag Gujranwala

More
Unhappy whatsapp extract not working now for me now? Help plz asap.
I used it few months back it worked fine but now .Is it due to the updated whatsapp
My version 2.11.186.
There must be another way
Please reply.
25th March 2014, 09:03 AM |#975  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sounds Great
26th March 2014, 02:38 AM |#976  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Just an update to let people know that I have updated my online decrypter to include an exporter. The template I designed for the exporter is based on WhatsApp so users can get a real interpretation of the data and how it was originally displayed. It includes support for broadcasts, groups, gps, audio, video, images as well as chats. I'm currently working on a native Android app that will include this exporter. I will post more info here when that happens.

Export Example: http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/wa_chat-export-demo.html

Decypter/Exporter: http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/ (Also now based on the design of WhatsApp)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TripCode For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TripCode Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 12:54 PM |#977  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttgi

I used it few months back it worked fine but now .Is it due to the updated whatsapp
My version 2.11.186.
There must be another way
Please reply.

Yes it is because of the update. Looks like version 2.11.186 is for Android so you can still get the logs decrypted thanks to TrIpCode.
http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/ Just follow the steps as described. This only works for Android though all other OS seem to be "safe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon-Don

Originally Posted by TripCode
I haven't had time to put this into python or anything yet, but I have built an online decrypter.

The decrypter is located at (url): whatsapp.livetrack.mobi

Originally Posted by muplayer2000 View Post

To read the decrypted file here how to do it

Important you need the gmail address or it wont work.

Processing mode : Decrypt whatsapp Database
Account name in small letters : xxxx@gmail.com
Browse : Choose the msgstore.db.crypt5 file.

Click process , this will generate a zip file, in the zip file they will be a file called msgstore.db , rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt

And run the extractor to read file

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

Just an update to let people know that I have updated my online decrypter to include an exporter. The template I designed for the exporter is based on WhatsApp so users can get a real interpretation of the data and how it was originally displayed. It includes support for broadcasts, groups, gps, audio, video, images as well as chats. I'm currently working on a native Android app that will include this exporter. I will post more info here when that happens.

Export Example: http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/wa_chat-export-demo.html

Decypter/Exporter: http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/ (Also now based on the design of WhatsApp)

27th March 2014, 03:15 AM |#978  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
With which cmd code can I start the python file and convert this then in a html file for my browser?
27th March 2014, 07:31 AM |#979  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Could not find the Python directory. Please make sure that ActivePython is insta
lled in either C:\Program Files (x86)\Python27 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Python3
_
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm Getting this error after running install pycrypto.bat
I'm on windows 8.1
Please help !!
27th March 2014, 09:10 AM |#980  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muplayer2000

Thanx donated to dev team for the whatsapp.livetrack.mobi

To read the decrypted file here how to do it

Important you need the gmail address or it wont work.

Processing mode : Decrypt whatsapp Database
Account name in small letters : xxxx@gmail.com
Browse : Choose the msgstore.db.crypt5 file.

Click process , this will generate a zip file, in the zip file they will be a file called msgstore.db , rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt

And run the extractor to read file

How do I open the file which i get after decryption ??
The Following User Says Thank You to red de0392 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift red de0392 Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 09:39 AM |#981  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Why doesn't the tool work with iPhone databases anymore? This has nothing to do with encryption because SQLite Browser views them all right

This is the output of whatsapp_xtract_iphone.bat:

Code:
C:\Users\MyName\Xtract>python whatsapp_xtract.py ChatStorage.sqlite
Python Version 3.x
iPhone mode!

*** METADATA PLIST DUMP ***

Plist ver.:  1
UUID:        0D94219C-327A-4451-B9D0-C01E3C65A444
Metadata Plist Dump is failed. Note that you need to use Python 2.7 for that bpl
ist.py works
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "whatsapp_xtract.py", line 2453, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "whatsapp_xtract.py", line 1667, in main
    curr_message = Message(msgs["Z_PK"],msgs["ZISFROMME"],msgs["ZMESSAGEDATE"],m
sgs["ZTEXT"],contactfrom,msgs["ZMESSAGESTATUS"],media["ZMEDIALOCALPATH"],media["
ZMEDIAURL"],media["ZTHUMBNAILDATA"],ZXMPPTHUMBPATH,mediawatype,media["ZFILESIZE"
],media["ZLATITUDE"],media["ZLONGITUDE"],media["ZVCARDNAME"],media["ZVCARDSTRING
"])
IndexError: No item with that key

C:\Users\MyName\Xtract>pause
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)