By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2014, 08:38 AM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 8,656

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff

Just a little PSA for those who have reverted Google Play settings back to 4.23 to allow clear/black gmail, chrome, etc to work.. The new versions of Youtube and Wallet require you to upgrade Google Play Settings - which I am assuming will get you back to square 1 ie breaking gmail and chrome, etc again... DJ correct me if I'm wrong... I can't say for sure, b/c one I saw it request it I killed the app and re-flashed the previous versions...

FYI. If using wallet and you get the update message, click update, takes you to the playstore, do not install it, just hit the back button on your phone and get out of the store

TBO on Facebook
Team Black Out
How To Black Out

Free Updater App
27th March 2014, 08:39 AM |#5012  
Flag Carthage
Thanks Meter: 2,483

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Yeah that's not Google, that's us. Go to your main menu settings/apps/Gmail and select uninstall. Also some launchers let you uninstall the app dragging the icon to the trash but long hold it there until uninstall appears.

Sent by my Klearkat Nexus 7

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report

Well i can't get play services to update again now that i want it to but if you'll recall, Monday i believe, i mentioned i was gong to do a full wipe and update my ROM. I asked youif the app and web site were in sync. So after i set my phone back up i flashed my tbo and DarkHorse apps like i normally do and when i saw that my gmail kept crashing i knew I'd been smacked with the problem I'd been reading about in the thread. So when i couldn't find the play services that dafoxs posted i figured i would just install it straight from the past store and deal with stock until everything got sorted out. Anyways this is what i got...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
27th March 2014, 09:05 AM |#5013  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 46,715

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain

Well i can't get play services to update again now that i want it to but if you'll recall, Monday i believe, i mentioned i was gong to do a full wipe and update my ROM. I asked youif the app and web site were in sync. So after i set my phone back up i flashed my tbo and DarkHorse apps like i normally do and when i saw that my gmail kept crashing i knew I'd been smacked with the problem I'd been reading about in the thread. So when i couldn't find the play services that dafoxs posted i figured i would just install it straight from the past store and deal with stock until everything got sorted out. Anyways this is what i got...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

You uninstalled the themed one first?

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
27th March 2014, 09:12 AM |#5014  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
where is the Google.services that is linked to facebook? I have been looking for hours

via galaxy nexus 7 4gLTE
27th March 2014, 09:41 AM |#5015  
Flag Carthage

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You uninstalled the themed one first?

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report

Yes i did. If i don't it says open or uninstall at the top there instead of install

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Ok. It installed after i rebooted.
27th March 2014, 10:05 AM |#5016  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes i did. If i don't it says open or uninstall at the top there instead of install

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Ok. It installed after i rebooted.

That was my next question...sweet.

We are working on this, I made a flashable zip so it would be easier to just uninstall the update and be done...Lol I'll upload them to the OP in a few. I'm working on the WhatsApp issues now.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 10:17 AM |#5017  
Flag Carthage

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We are working on this, I made a flashable zip so it would be easier to just uninstall the update and be done...Lol I'll upload them to the OP in a few. I'm working on the WhatsApp issues now.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report

Oh i know y'all are! I make it a point read every post in this thread as things can move pretty fast at times. Sometimes it gets confusing and i wonder, "when do these guys sleep?!".

I personally appreciate the he11 outta what y'all do. I hope y'all don't ever quit. In the meantime I'll either uninstall updates twice a day or deal with stock gmail. Can't stay on the cutting edge without a little blood, right?

I do have one question. I've detached play services from market with tibu. Do you think that will stop the updates?
27th March 2014, 10:19 AM |#5018  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report

They are on FB

TBO on Facebook
Team Black Out
How To Black Out

Free Updater App

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Quote:

Oh i know y'all are! I make it a point read every post in this thread as things can move pretty fast at times. Sometimes it gets confusing and i wonder, "when do these guys sleep?!".

I personally appreciate the he11 outta what y'all do. I hope y'all don't ever quit. In the meantime I'll either uninstall updates twice a day or deal with stock gmail. Can't stay on the cutting edge without a little blood, right?

I do have one question. I've detached play services from market with tibu. Do you think that will stop the updates?

Nope. The Google settings are now on FB. Stick with one rom and don't turn your phone off. That's the only time stuff updates for me

TBO on Facebook
Team Black Out
How To Black Out

Free Updater App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dafoxs Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 10:20 AM |#5019  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoxs

They are on FB

TBO on Facebook
Team Black Out
How To Black Out

Free Updater App

You got the new non KitKat KitKat one I made? I still haven't tried signing a stock version to keep it from updating. Been busy.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
27th March 2014, 10:22 AM |#5020  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You got the new non KitKat KitKat one I made? I still haven't tried signing a stock version to keep it from updating. Been busy.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report

Yeppers

TBO on Facebook
Team Black Out
How To Black Out

Free Updater App
The Following User Says Thank You to dafoxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dafoxs Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 10:22 AM |#5021  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I really don't know. Ever since I had issues with titanium way back on ICS I've been afraid to use it again. I just get lucky mine never updates.

Free TBO Updater App

Status Report
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)