Htc one massive problem

Search This thread
Apr 9, 2011
got my htc one today from who i thought was a nice lady, turned out to be a ....yeah...that, she showed me it working but as soon as it went dead, it never came back on, turns out the phones bricked i think
it was on a tablet custom rom, as im trying to flash the stock rom but im not very good at doing this, i cant find a working recovery that allows me to mount system as it cant have a memory card, no success, i can only get into bootloader fastboot thingy and use the cmd adb thingy,
also i cant boot the phone up as normal, i tried earlier but it satys on the htc screen, the fist screen when u switch it on my device details are as follows
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.54.0000
RADIO - 4A.17.3250.14
OPENDSP V31.120.274.0617
OS - 2.24.206.1
EMMC - BOOT 2048
somebody help me please im dieing without a good phone lol

manups4e

Aug 15, 2010
Torino
use fastboot to change recovery.u can download cwm from rommanager site (M7), then, after power on the device in fastboot (vol down + power on), in cmd type: fastboot flash recovery "recoveryname".img (the name change on what you download. you are now good to boot into cwm recovery.
now you can sideload a rom from pc. in the recovery wipe data then select flash update zip from sideload and after downloading the rom you wanted you can type adb sideload rom.zip (rom name change on what you download). and bam you have flashed a rom from pc to phone and you could now reboot your phone...it's an international m7 so look for gsm roms only

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
If you are planning to flash a kit Kat 4.4.2 you need latest recovery. TWRP comes highly recommended.

When in fastboot mode open cmd window on your Windows computer (search box type in cmd) point to your adb/fastboot folder where you also downloaded your recovery) and type then:
fastboot erase cache
fastboit flash recovery name-of-your-recovery.img
fastboot erase cache

Now you can boot into your recovery, in TWRP you do another wipe (factory reset or under Advanced tap select only cache+dalvik+system) and sideload a ROM from there.
I suggest to use a Sense ROM first, and of those one with Sense 5.5 as Sense 6.0 ROMa are still in their early stages and not 100% stable yet.

Under stickies in the Android Developer section you find loads of info regarding flashing/recovery ect.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
As I suggested: go to the stickies under Android Developing and you find excellent tutorials.

They explain in detail how to set up adb/fastboot and how to flash ROMs.
The toolkit is only good as long as you understand what it does.

Apr 9, 2011
ive installed a rom from the install from zip on cwm - installed one from sideload, nothings working, it says its done but it doesnt load past the htc screen the first screen, also the bootloader says tampered and relocked