[Boot Animation][Collection] My collection, all screensizes!

Search This thread

UnknownCloakedMan

Apr 25, 2013
Albuquerque
Below, you will find my collection of highly compatible boot animations. I am making each one with the top 3 most common screen resolutions so pick whatever quality you need. I don't mind doing requests if you'd like changes made or want me to try making you a custom one, with text or even a completely new theme. Just ask. By the way I'd love some feedback, tell me what you think!

Keep in mind each is labeled so you can download multiple.
YOU WILL NEED TO RENAME EACH FILE BEFORE USING IT! The file MUST be named bootanimation.zip to play correctly!

MDPI = 320x480
HDPI = 480x800
XHDPI = 720x1280
XXHDPI = 1080x1920

☼Replacing your boot animation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I highly recommend having the custom recovery: TWRP before messing with animations. My phone's CWM did not have a file manager thus no way to fix boot animation from recovery mode. Doing a backup in recovery does NOT fix boot animation either. FreeGee is the easiest app I've found for installing a custom recovery assuming you're phone is rooted already. It can easily let you switch from CWM and TWRP.

To use a custom boot animation:
  1. Download the correct quality for your phone, look up your phone and find the screen resolution.
  2. The download will be a file, "bootanimation.zip", it MUST be called that exactly to work. Rename it as needed!
  3. Locate the current "bootanimation.zip" file on your phone in the internal memory. (usually located at system/media/bootanimation.zip)
  4. Make sure you have R/W turned on so you can write system files! I recommend using "ES File Manager". Open tools, turn on "Root Explorer" then click the "Root Explorer" text for the option to turn on RW. Make sure system is checked.
  5. RENAME the current one, adding a 1 or taking out a single letter is recommended so you can simply rename it again later if it is needed.
  6. Copy the newly downloaded .zip file into the folder to replace the current one. You should now have "bootanimation.zip" and "bootanimation1.zip" or something similar in the same folder as your backup.
  7. Reboot the phone. If it skips the animation, something went wrong. If it freezes, the animation was not created correctly. Use recovery mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

☼I messed up! Help!
TWRP:
  1. Click "mount" and check the box next to system then press back key
  2. Click "advanced"
  3. Click "file manager"
  4. Find your missing/non-working boot animation (usually located at system/media/bootanimation.zip)
  5. Replace it with a working zip animation.

☼Editing animation speed or sizes:
If you use a program such as 7-zip, you can open these bootanimations as a compressed file. Inside you will find a file, desc.txt. If you edit that file, you will see something in a similar format to the following. Here's the breakdown of how this file works for your editing pleasure.
EXAMPLE:

240 320 24
c 1 0 part0

240 320 (your device's resolution)

24 (frames per second. Higher = faster & smoother)

c (begin your line with 'c' and it will play the animation even if the phone is done loading up)
-or-
p (begin your line with 'p' and it will stop the animation if the phone is done loading before the animation ends)

1 (no. of times this section of bootanimation will play. 0=infinite)

0 (Pause. 0=no pause. 10=10 sec pause)

part0 (folder in which your animation images are contained. You can have multiple)

☼Updates!
8-15-16 Released: Xbox One
9-27-15 Released: Marshmallow
4-15-15 Released: Pacman, Scan
4-14-15 Released: Cyanogen (CM12S), AppleError
3-26-14 Released: Candle, NumberStorm, Hyperspace
3-21-14 Released: Code
3-18-14 Released: Nature, Energy, StarGate, ColorSpin, Joker, Ocean, MarioCoin.

Nature:
Nature.gif

Download: HDPI / 480
Download: XHDPI / 720
Download: XXHDPI / 1080

Energy:
Energy.gif

Download: XHDPI / 1080

StarGate:
StarGate.gif

ColorSpin:
ColorSpin.gif

Joker:
Joker.gif

Download: XHDPI / 480

Ocean:
Ocean.gif

MarioCoin:
MarioCoin.gif

Code:
Code.gif

Candle:
Candle.gif

NumberStorm:
NumberStorm.gif

Hyperspace:
Hyperspace.gif

Cyanogen (CM12S):
Cyanogen.gif

AppleError:
AppleError.gif

Pacman:
Pacman.gif

Scan:
Scan.gif

Android Marshmallow:
Marshmallow.gif

Download: MDPI / 320
Download: HDPI / 480 (fullscreen)
Download: XXHDPI / 1080 (landscape)

Xbox One:
Xbox.gif

Download: HDPI / 480 (unavailable)
Download: XHDPI / 720 (unavailable)

To make your own custom boot animation, read HERE.

Last edited:

nathandrake

Nov 2, 2012
This is great. I follow this thread.

Enviado desde mi ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6033A mediante Tapatalk

redstarsea

Aug 9, 2012
Great job!

It is hard to find 1080x1920 bootanimations for my note 3. Downloaded 3 of these here. Thank you so much! :good:

Mega Montana

Jul 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Saw this somewhere and thought it would be a cool boot animation. I'd doubt its sized correctly and not sure what to do with it. If you feel like messing with it, be appreciated.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420505186196.gif
    uploadfromtaptalk1420505186196.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,467
Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

UnknownCloakedMan

Apr 25, 2013
Albuquerque
I liked the code one, but when I start downloading it always fails before completing that is on 40-50 mb....i need the xxhdpi version of the bootanimation "code"...Can you give me a mirror link?

That's odd, my host usually gives very stable and fast downloads and it downloaded for me (from the link) just fine.

Code 1080p -HugeFiles.net

Last edited:
Reactions: tathagatab

OftheSea

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks for these animations. Unfortunately the two I've installed so far (manually) both show up in wrong colors, lots of yellow and white. 2013 Moto G; any thoughts as to why?

Tried Nature and ColorSpin at XHDPI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below, you will find my collection of highly compatible boot animations. I am making each one with the top 3 most common screen resolutions so pick whatever quality you need. I don't mind doing requests if you'd like changes made or want me to try making you a custom one, with text or even a completely new theme. Just ask. By the way I'd love some feedback, tell me what you think!

Keep in mind each is labeled so you can download multiple.
    YOU WILL NEED TO RENAME EACH FILE BEFORE USING IT! The file MUST be named bootanimation.zip to play correctly!

MDPI = 320x480
    HDPI = 480x800
    XHDPI = 720x1280
    XXHDPI = 1080x1920

☼Replacing your boot animation
    I highly recommend having the custom recovery: TWRP before messing with animations. My phone's CWM did not have a file manager thus no way to fix boot animation from recovery mode. Doing a backup in recovery does NOT fix boot animation either. FreeGee is the easiest app I've found for installing a custom recovery assuming you're phone is rooted already. It can easily let you switch from CWM and TWRP.

To use a custom boot animation:
    1. Download the correct quality for your phone, look up your phone and find the screen resolution.
    2. The download will be a file, "bootanimation.zip", it MUST be called that exactly to work. Rename it as needed!
    3. Locate the current "bootanimation.zip" file on your phone in the internal memory. (usually located at system/media/bootanimation.zip)
    4. Make sure you have R/W turned on so you can write system files! I recommend using "ES File Manager". Open tools, turn on "Root Explorer" then click the "Root Explorer" text for the option to turn on RW. Make sure system is checked.
    5. RENAME the current one, adding a 1 or taking out a single letter is recommended so you can simply rename it again later if it is needed.
    6. Copy the newly downloaded .zip file into the folder to replace the current one. You should now have "bootanimation.zip" and "bootanimation1.zip" or something similar in the same folder as your backup.
    7. Reboot the phone. If it skips the animation, something went wrong. If it freezes, the animation was not created correctly. Use recovery mode.

☼I messed up! Help!
    TWRP:
    1. Click "mount" and check the box next to system then press back key
    2. Click "advanced"
    3. Click "file manager"
    4. Find your missing/non-working boot animation (usually located at system/media/bootanimation.zip)
    5. Replace it with a working zip animation.

☼Editing animation speed or sizes:
    If you use a program such as 7-zip, you can open these bootanimations as a compressed file. Inside you will find a file, desc.txt. If you edit that file, you will see something in a similar format to the following. Here's the breakdown of how this file works for your editing pleasure.
    EXAMPLE:

240 320 24
    c 1 0 part0

240 320 (your device's resolution)

24 (frames per second. Higher = faster & smoother)

c (begin your line with 'c' and it will play the animation even if the phone is done loading up)
    -or-
    p (begin your line with 'p' and it will stop the animation if the phone is done loading before the animation ends)

1 (no. of times this section of bootanimation will play. 0=infinite)

0 (Pause. 0=no pause. 10=10 sec pause)

part0 (folder in which your animation images are contained. You can have multiple)

☼Updates!
    8-15-16 Released: Xbox One
    9-27-15 Released: Marshmallow
    4-15-15 Released: Pacman, Scan
    4-14-15 Released: Cyanogen (CM12S), AppleError
    3-26-14 Released: Candle, NumberStorm, Hyperspace
    3-21-14 Released: Code
    3-18-14 Released: Nature, Energy, StarGate, ColorSpin, Joker, Ocean, MarioCoin.

Nature:
    Nature.gif

Energy:
    Energy.gif

StarGate:
    StarGate.gif

ColorSpin:
    ColorSpin.gif

Joker:
    Joker.gif

Download: XHDPI / 480

Ocean:
    Ocean.gif

MarioCoin:
    MarioCoin.gif

Code:
    Code.gif

Candle:
    Candle.gif

NumberStorm:
    NumberStorm.gif

Hyperspace:
    Hyperspace.gif

Cyanogen (CM12S):
    Cyanogen.gif

AppleError:
    AppleError.gif

Pacman:
    Pacman.gif

Scan:
    Scan.gif

Android Marshmallow:
    Marshmallow.gif

Download: MDPI / 320
    Download: HDPI / 480 (fullscreen)
    Download: XXHDPI / 1080 (landscape)

Xbox One:
    Xbox.gif

Download: HDPI / 480 (unavailable)
    Download: XHDPI / 720 (unavailable)

To make your own custom boot animation, read HERE.
    (reserving space for future animations...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    tell me what you think!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ugh I finally fixed my phone so I can make (and test out) more boot animations! Anybody have any requests or need one of these in a different size?
    BIG update! I've been researching all kinds of Android versions and have noticed each version is picky and wants the boot animation setup a certain way.

I have just finished going through all my boot animations and did the following:
    1. Made MUCH more compatible with all versions of Android.
    2. Used lossless compression on all images. All animations are now as small as they can be but still perfect quality!
    3. Changed all links to use my dropbox account for more reliable hosting.
    @mmmsauce @kh34d

Sorry! I'm moving my website to another domain and restructuring everything. I think I have everything in place and I'll be fixing the links in the next few minutes.