[Q] Wifi issue on all roms [sgh-i747m]

Search This thread

drewstopher

Mar 8, 2014
Ok so here is the deal: I rooted and flashed cwm touch. I flashed PAC man ROM 4.4.2 nightly and after installing like 15 or so apps from the play store, my WiFi stoops working. It won't pick up any access points (I know my WiFi router is fine). So after being fed up I do a factory reset/wipe and flash PAC man ROM 4.4.2 again, this time it works fine. Now I did a full wipe and flashed carbon ROM 4.4.2 nightly and same problem: WiFi works fine and after downloading many appsit spontaneously stoops working. Not wanting to loose all my settings I just did, I reflashed the ROM and wiped the dalvik cache and cache but WiFi still doesn't work. Please help thanks!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Its weird I thought that may be the case but I think the modem should work fine with my hardware... And it was working flawlessly for over a month (after I flashed PAC man ROM the second time before I switched to Carbon)

I have seen posts where updating the bootloader required an updated modem. I suggested updating the modem in case you updated your bootloader. All this being said, it is weird that it just stopped working. Unfortunately, I don't what else to suggest other using a stock ROM for a while to see if the problem reappears.

drewstopher

Mar 8, 2014
I have seen posts where updating the bootloader required an updated modem. I suggested updating the modem in case you updated your bootloader. All this being said, it is weird that it just stopped working. Unfortunately, I don't what else to suggest other using a stock ROM for a while to see if the problem reappears.
Thanks I just did a full wipe and flashed seems to be working fine now..... But still weird thanks for input!