Private gallery?

Search This thread

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures (;)) of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

Or maybe a setting somewhere? I didn't see anything in the Photos app...

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
This should probably go in like a "general Android" forum, but since I don't really stray from the Note 2 forum, I figured I'd ask here.

Is there a way to keep photos from showing up in the Photos/Gallery apps? I have some special pictures (;)) of my wife on my phone that I don't want showing up when I let someone see my phone to show them a random pic. I mean, yeah, I could take them off the phone, but I don't want to lmao.

I'd just move them to a subfolder and create a .nomedia file in it. This lets the scanner know to skip that folder and it won't show up in gallery.

Reactions: E30Nova

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
Ha, works perfectly, thanks! :highfive:

Now, is there an easier way to view them other than removing the file? Are there apps that can view pictures even with that file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd just move them to a subfolder and create a .nomedia file in it. This lets the scanner know to skip that folder and it won't show up in gallery.