hyper drive rom not automatically connecting

Search This thread

burn all

Mar 15, 2014
Hello so I've installed the hyper drive rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520418

Rom works beautifully and I love it. Only problem is it isn't staying connected to the network. If I go to network settings and hit choose automatically it connects and work's. Also if I'm on it for a minute or so it will connect by its self but if I just unlock the phone there's not network there. I can't figure out why thus us happening like this.

I wiped, wiped cache, wiped Dav cache then installed as instructions stated. Also installed the TWO as I'm on bell

Any ideas?

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Hello so I've installed the hyper drive rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520418

Rom works beautifully and I love it. Only problem is it isn't staying connected to the network. If I go to network settings and hit choose automatically it connects and work's. Also if I'm on it for a minute or so it will connect by its self but if I just unlock the phone there's not network there. I can't figure out why thus us happening like this.

I wiped, wiped cache, wiped Dav cache then installed as instructions stated. Also installed the TWO as I'm on bell

Any ideas?

I have a similar problem to the above, and the hyperdrive tweaks app doesn't open for me, either.

Guedeaux

Jan 13, 2014
houston

Any ideas?

I am having a similar problem. I flashed RL15, ATT comp, then modules. Everything seemed to be woking fine, but I can't connect to the internet over mobile data. Also, the mobile network comes in and out, and although I can send texts and and make calls, I can't receive either. MY GPS is working fine. I checked the APN settings, and it matches what I thought its suppose to. I can't figure it out. Maybe these issues are related... Love the ROM and really hope I can figure it out so I can continue to use it.

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
I also really like HD15. And I also had a ton of trouble getting it to settle down and be stable. Like you, I posted some questions. I recieved some tips and some questions never received a reply. My issues were with email mainly and a disappearing account. I tried Stock slot, slot-1 for me no difference--in fact I run it out of slot-1 as my daily driver--go figure? I installed it there by accident and it's worked every since.
Back to your problem. Unfortunately, I do not have a magic bullet. I'll just list a few things I did. 1. Be careful about debloating this one. 2. I stopped installing the add-on "S-Note" It seems everthing would be fine then I'd install that and BAM! 3. Watch what apps install to system/app. 4. And this one (I'm guessing) is really important: after a clean wipe and reboot let that thing set there for a long while! I waited at least 20 minutes! before you even breath on it!

Finally, APN Settings (remember to save) AT&T Phone, phone, http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, proxy.mobile.att.net, 80, default,mms,supl,hipri (SAVE) then delete all others.
Choose Network Mode> GSM/WCDMA/LTE (auto connect). Next, check Airplane Mode box--wait a minute then uncheck. Goto: More》About Phone》Status: check type and mobile network state (should be LTE and connected respectively) note: make sure wi-fi is off.

I hope it works. Let me know if you need clarification.

oh yeah, I'd really read up on NB1 kit kat before I took the plunge--especially with no root yet

I am having a similar problem. I flashed RL15, ATT comp, then modules. Everything seemed to be woking fine, but I can't connect to the internet over mobile data. Also, the mobile network comes in and out, and although I can send texts and and make calls, I can't receive either. MY GPS is working fine. I checked the APN settings, and it matches what I thought its suppose to. I can't figure it out. Maybe these issues are related... Love the ROM and really hope I can figure it out so I can continue to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guedeaux

Guedeaux

Jan 13, 2014
houston
Finally, APN Settings (remember to save) AT&T Phone,

oh yeah, I'd really read up on NB1 kit kat before I took the plunge--especially with no root yet

So I was dumb and used the wrong APN settings. Finally got it working and its awesome. Thanks.

I think I am just going to wait on the NB1 until a root is available. I like being able to keep my stock rom slot unmolested for now until I get more savvy in the ways of The Root. I still have not tried anything with ODIN, so until I get the courage to go that far, I am going to stick with safestrap.

Thanks, again, for all your help

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Any ideas?

Have you figured out the problem yet? Which network are you having trouble connecting to? Data or wifi?

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
So I was dumb and used the wrong APN settings. Finally got it working and its awesome. Thanks.

I think I am just going to wait on the NB1 until a root is available. I like being able to keep my stock rom slot unmolested for now until I get more savvy in the ways of The Root. I still have not tried anything with ODIN, so until I get the courage to go that far, I am going to stick with safestrap.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Have you figured out the problem yet? Which network are you having trouble connecting to? Data or wifi?

Really glad I could help--I've been on the receiving end of help more times than I can count! LOL. BTW, I think you're waiting is a smart choice--with SS and a bunch of good guys (ROM dev, etc...) on xda we're doing pretty good right now. I would read up on Odin before you need it. Make sure to know about the different versions. It is a really, really great tool to have in your box. And if you're not scared bad becuase your phone is bricked it's really pretty simple. Have a good one...

Reactions: Guedeaux

burn all

Mar 15, 2014
I also really like HD15. And I also had a ton of trouble getting it to settle down and be stable. Like you, I posted some questions. I recieved some tips and some questions never received a reply. My issues were with email mainly and a disappearing account. I tried Stock slot, slot-1 for me no difference--in fact I run it out of slot-1 as my daily driver--go figure? I installed it there by accident and it's worked every since.
Back to your problem. Unfortunately, I do not have a magic bullet. I'll just list a few things I did. 1. Be careful about debloating this one. 2. I stopped installing the add-on "S-Note" It seems everthing would be fine then I'd install that and BAM! 3. Watch what apps install to system/app. 4. And this one (I'm guessing) is really important: after a clean wipe and reboot let that thing set there for a long while! I waited at least 20 minutes! before you even breath on it!

Finally, APN Settings (remember to save) AT&T Phone, phone, proxy.mobile.att.net, 80, default,mms,supl,hipri (SAVE) then delete all others.
Choose Network Mode> GSM/WCDMA/LTE (auto connect). Next, check Airplane Mode box--wait a minute then uncheck. Goto: More》About Phone》Status: check type and mobile network state (should be LTE and connected respectively) note: make sure wi-fi is off.

humm i have the right APN settings set it GSM/WCDMA auto.

APN settings are
Name: Bell
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: 5778154 mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc ( i cant post links so imamge http infront of mms)
MMSC proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

i'm going to try re flashing it with more bloatware to see if that maybe helps perhaps i stripped too much bloat ware off

burn all

Mar 15, 2014
also i noticed at the end of installing it said

"
file_getprop:failed to stat"/tmp/aroma/kernel.prop": No such file or directory

"
would that cause issues?

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
humm i have the right APN settings set it GSM/WCDMA auto.

APN settings are
Nam it GSM/WCDMA: Bell
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: 5778154 mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc ( i cant post links so imamge http infront of mms)
MMSC proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set>

i'm going to try re flashing it with more bloatware to see if that maybe helps perhaps i stripped too much bloat ware off

I'm not familiar with those APN settings for AT&T. Check your status to see if your connected LTE becuse you have GSM/WCDMA selected. Also, I don't understand how it is that there is no "type" (I.e. default,mms,supl,hipri) must be a different animal...

burn all

Mar 15, 2014
I'm not familiar with those APN settings for AT&T. Check your status to see if your connected LTE becuse you have GSM/WCDMA selected. Also, I don't understand how it is that there is no "type" (I.e. default,mms,supl,hipri) must be a different animal...

thats what i copied off the website, on the phone under apn it says "default,supl,mms"

and i'm on bell not ATT

essentially the problem is that the phone dosent auto connect to the network for my to send messages make calls or use data, if i toggle airplane mode or tell it to automatic search for a network it connects and works fine, till it gose into standby then when it comes out its lost the connection again, the strangest thing is i still get text and phone calls normally.

numbR7

Dec 1, 2011
via lactea
thats what i copied off the website, on the phone under apn it says "default,supl,mms"

and i'm on bell not ATT

essentially the problem is that the phone dosent auto connect to the network for my to send messages make calls or use data, if i toggle airplane mode or tell it to automatic search for a network it connects and works fine, till it gose into standby then when it comes out its lost the connection again, the strangest thing is i still get text and phone calls normally.

OK. bell is a different animal. I remember someone having a similar or maybe the same problem. It was a while ago. I'll try to find it. But I might be in the dark on Bell stuff. Just for the heck of it add hipri to "type" and choose the auto connect option that includes all three (i.e. includes LTE).
I read a little about this--again, awhile ago it might have an effect as I believe it has to do with priority.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Finally, APN Settings (remember to save) AT&T Phone, phone, http://mmsc.mobile.att.net, proxy.mobile.att.net, 80, default,mms,supl,hipri (SAVE) then delete all others.

Really glad I could help--I've been on the receiving end of help more times than I can count! LOL. BTW, I think you're waiting is a smart choice--with SS and a bunch of good guys (ROM dev, etc...) on xda we're doing pretty good right now. I would read up on Odin before you need it. Make sure to know about the different versions. It is a really, really great tool to have in your box. And if you're not scared bad becuase your phone is bricked it's really pretty simple. Have a good one...