Lg g2 vs98012b soft bricked

Search This thread

Zmankiller11

Mar 29, 2014
I have a rooted Czech lg g2. When I downloaded the app LCD density moder when I reset it through the app my phone was then soft bricked I tried the way using the lg fix tool and that method doesn't work for me. I have not been able to use it since I'm on the stock rom by the way luckily I can still get it into download mode but I still can't do anything Please help

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Do you have a Czech LG G2 or A Verizon vs980 LG G2? Chances are you will have to factory reset or push the tot file via LG Flash Tool in download mode, but we need to figure out which file you would need to push.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
You should be able to just factory reset. Seems you just boinked your system file (forgot the name).

Look up YouTube's videos how to factory reset your device during boot.

If you knew what you were doing, you should be able to put the phone in download mode and push a stock [system file] and recover it without a wipe. But wiping is easier and faster.

For the record, I used Tex_Provider from the Play store to change my DPI to 400.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Zmankiller11

Mar 29, 2014
When I did a factory reset it brought me to twerp luckily but my backup was messed up but when I went to look at the app that caused this I found a .bak and a .temp file of my build.prop , the file that got messed up I believe but I don't know where it goes and which file i should put back

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
When I did a factory reset it brought me to twerp luckily but my backup was messed up but when I went to look at the app that caused this I found a .bak and a .temp file of my build.prop , the file that got messed up I believe but I don't know where it goes and which file i should put back

So you have a custom recovery... that helps.

I would say swap the build.prop with the .bak version. If that doesn't work, factory reset in twrp?