249 posts
Thanks Meter: 308

By jimmod, Senior Member on 13th October 2012, 03:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2014, 06:43 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Operate Spy Cam OS remotely
On ebay I just found this, This instrument works as camera trigger for Android phone. Cost around 23$. If its plugs into earphone socket, it must be increasing 'Volume increase button' setting as camera trigger. Seems it will work ok with 'SPY CAM OS' If someone create 'jar' file to increase volume of my android phone then I can use my old Nokia 6233 . For video please check YouTube for 'Smartphone RF Remote AB Shutter'

27th March 2014, 11:53 AM |#432  

More
Picture quality as a parameter on burst mode.
Hi,

First of all, great job. Your app beats all the free and paid apps that I've tested. Black mode, burst mode, volume keys configurable... I couldn't ask for more.

But ... could you have the picture quality as a parameter on burst mode? I understand that not all smartphones are going to be capable of taking several images under a second in higher resolution, but for those who can, it would be a great improvement on the quality of the photos.

I believe that shouldn't be very complicated. You can keep the default size to 1280x720 but let people try several pictures sizes and chose the best one, instead of being locked to the 1280x720 size.

Thanks again.
29th March 2014, 07:15 PM |#433  
OP Senior Member

More
Talking Spy Camera OS V0.3beta
I happy to uploading the Spy Camera OS V0.3 beta and having 500k+ download on the app
Thank you for the support from XDA members.

What's new in this version:
- New application engine
- Volume button shortcut work on minimized
- Moveable UI up and down
- You can interact with your background
- Video recording auto focus now working
- Additional startup mode*
- New cool app icon (contribution from Leonard)
- Various fixes

This new version make me refactor most of the code, that's why it takes sometimes to make it ready.
Even I'm sure it will need beta testing for sometime before I can figure it out what happen.

Beta version available at Google Play Store beta (will be distributed around the world in couple hours)
You can keep updated with new beta here:
Or for XDA members you can get it directly here : http://tiny.cc/scos-free-v0_3

And please give feedback about these things via forum or setting - send feedback:
  1. How's the app speed ?
  2. Do all normal function run properly: capture, auto, face, burst, video
  3. Please check minimizing & restore using the button in notification bar
  4. Check the new stuff:
  5. - Interact with background
  6. - Moving the UI up & down
  7. - Using volume button even when minimize
  8. How about widget do they run ok?
  9. Do the new user experience confusing?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmod Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 06:34 PM |#434  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm currently setting up a translation collaboration tools for Spy Camera OS since I think after rewrite for V0.3 I will have time to collaborate to add new language. Some users already requesting their local language since long time ago, so I guess it will be a good start to do this.

Anyone interesting in become a translation contributor please let me know
I'm currently contacting some users and xda members that previously already drop message about it (couples months ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjfrias

great!!... downloading!!... thx for share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasik

On ebay I just found this, This instrument works as camera trigger for Android phone. Cost around 23$. If its plugs into earphone socket, it must be increasing 'Volume increase button' setting as camera trigger. Seems it will work ok with 'SPY CAM OS' If someone create 'jar' file to increase volume of my android phone then I can use my old Nokia 6233 . For video please check YouTube for 'Smartphone RF Remote AB Shutter'

Will check into it, my first pending feature about this that already requested is about using bluetooth headset. I want to check about it asap since I think it will not hard to be implemented + cool to capture image/video using your bluetooth headset buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugim4xda

Hi,

First of all, great job. Your app beats all the free and paid apps that I've tested. Black mode, burst mode, volume keys configurable... I couldn't ask for more.

But ... could you have the picture quality as a parameter on burst mode? I understand that not all smartphones are going to be capable of taking several images under a second in higher resolution, but for those who can, it would be a great improvement on the quality of the photos.

I believe that shouldn't be very complicated. You can keep the default size to 1280x720 but let people try several pictures sizes and chose the best one, instead of being locked to the 1280x720 size.

Thanks again.

Noted on your suggestion, some other user also requesting similar thing.
I'm currently trying to find a way how to differentiate device that can burst using high-res and those slow shutter phone that can only burst on low-res.
Your idea is good, if user already set to high-res I need to test with high-res and track how long is the shutter to determine the possibility using high-res on that model.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmod Ad-Free
31st March 2014, 09:59 PM |#435  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Hi jimmod, I've been using spy cam os for a long time and happy user of the donated version.
I'd be happy to help if you're looking for a french translation
Already applied for beta group (Osiris_skaia).

Sent from my atrix 4g using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to J0kker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J0kker Ad-Free
1st April 2014, 03:34 PM |#436  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0kker

Hi jimmod, I've been using spy cam os for a long time and happy user of the donated version.
I'd be happy to help if you're looking for a french translation
Already applied for beta group (Osiris_skaia).

Sent from my atrix 4g using xda app-developers app

Cool
Sent you a PM
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmod Ad-Free
3rd April 2014, 11:50 AM |#437  

More
Hey Jimmy, I purchased the donate version from AndroidPIT and would like to join the beta testers. But since I haven't bought it from the Google Play Store it seems to me the usual way by joining testers there doesn't work.

How can I join the beta test without buying the donate version from Google Play?
3rd April 2014, 05:49 PM |#438  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveQ

Hey Jimmy, I purchased the donate version from AndroidPIT and would like to join the beta testers. But since I haven't bought it from the Google Play Store it seems to me the usual way by joining testers there doesn't work.

How can I join the beta test without buying the donate version from Google Play?

Since the beta tester process is following Google Play mechanism it won't available for AndroidPIT user.
And I checked AndroidPIT didn't support way to do this.

So I don't have any solution for this right now. I'll think a way
3rd April 2014, 05:54 PM |#439  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmod

Since the beta tester process is following Google Play mechanism it won't available for AndroidPIT user.
And I checked AndroidPIT didn't support way to do this.

So I don't have any solution for this right now. I'll think a way

Alright, sounds great. In the meantime I'll beta-test the free v0.3.
3rd April 2014, 06:12 PM |#440  
Flag Estremoz, Évora
Thanks Meter: 150

More
been using this for a while, and it's an amazing app! just purchased donate and updated to beta, it's looking amazing!! I'm going to test it out for a while...

I have something to suggest, I think a more discreet widget is essential... a friend of mine saw this power looking thing and spotted it right away and started asking ''what if I click this?'' and stuff... I think, maybe a battery meter, or a clock for example, or both, would be much more discreet!

oh and I love the new interface and icon!
3rd April 2014, 08:26 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I like the app so far but just wondering is there a way to make the focus for video to be continuous instead of auto? I notice once it runs it does a blur kind of refocus effect every second and responds slow while zooming in compared to autofocus being off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, app, camera, hidden, spy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)