SuperSU doesnt give me root access

Search This thread

DJRepresent

Apr 14, 2010
Hi, I downloaded UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip and saved it to my SD card. Rebooted into PhilZ recovery and installed it successfully. Rebooted and root checker basic says i dont have root access. is there something I'm missing?

Magamo

Oct 20, 2012
New York, NY
Hi, I downloaded UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip and saved it to my SD card. Rebooted into PhilZ recovery and installed it successfully. Rebooted and root checker basic says i dont have root access. is there something I'm missing?

SuperSU v1.25 is pretty old. Have you tried v1.93?

I don't know the process under PhilZ at all. You didn't mention which image you are using. TouchWiz? One of the custom images?

DJRepresent

Apr 14, 2010
In fact, looks like it was just updated to v1.94
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

There's a download link in the OP of this thread, (Marked as the CWM/TWRP/Mobile ODIN version)

Installed it, but it didn't work. I used an app called Root Checker Basic and it says, "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access."

Any other ideas? Here's my device's information:

CyanogenMod Version: cm-11-20140329-NIGHTLY
Android Vers: 4.4.2

Edit: Weird, the SuperSU app didn't give me a "Not Rooted" error upon opening up. Anyways, can I overclock my phone now? What app can I use?

Last edited:

Magamo

Oct 20, 2012
New York, NY
Installed it, but it didn't work. I used an app called Root Checker Basic and it says, "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access."

Any other ideas? Here's my device's information:

CyanogenMod Version: cm-11-20140329-NIGHTLY
Android Vers: 4.4.2

Edit: Weird, the SuperSU app didn't give me a "Not Rooted" error upon opening up. Anyways, can I overclock my phone now? What app can I use?

Make certain that you set up SuperSU properly, and allow it to respect CyanogenMod's root access settings.

Magamo

Oct 20, 2012
New York, NY
I have a bad feeling that installing the old version first may have screwed up your new installation. If your root apps still fail to get permission, try going through the supersu settings to clean up for reinstallation, and go through the installation procedure again. Overclocking as you think of it is a function of the kernel, and I do not know of any custom kernels for the apexqtmo that allow for it. Besides, overclocking will give you no real performance benefit on the apexqtmo, and in fact will cause instability, and overheating, which will cause the phone to trip over into thermal protection mode much faster, which means it will automatically throttle back. (Which is precisely why the stock CM and HypnoToad kernels do not allow for frequency scaling in an upward direction from stock CPU speeds

GrayFox777

Mar 19, 2014
I'm no expert, but maybe something just messed up. try flashing a rom so you can just start over.

Last edited:

DJRepresent

Apr 14, 2010
I have a bad feeling that installing the old version first may have screwed up your new installation. If your root apps still fail to get permission, try going through the supersu settings to clean up for reinstallation, and go through the installation procedure again. Overclocking as you think of it is a function of the kernel, and I do not know of any custom kernels for the apexqtmo that allow for it. Besides, overclocking will give you no real performance benefit on the apexqtmo, and in fact will cause instability, and overheating, which will cause the phone to trip over into thermal protection mode much faster, which means it will automatically throttle back. (Which is precisely why the stock CM and HypnoToad kernels do not allow for frequency scaling in an upward direction from stock CPU speeds

OK, thanks, I'll avoid doing it then.