[Q] How do I root a Google Android 4.2 Tablet or use PS2 pad on it w/o root?

Search This thread

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Anyone? ; ; I tried several rooting programs but they don't support this tablet. The only program that ALMOST worked was Kingo Android ROOT. It pushed the Root Files to the tablet and then gave me a "Device Not Supported Error." I just want to root my tablet so I can use my PS2 controller with it. That's all I want. ; ;

Last edited:

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
Wich Tablet do u Have ?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mini mit Tapatalk

I have a Google Android 4.2 Tablet. But nevermind about that. I figured out how to root it. I booted it into Recovery, chose "ADB Sideload," and then used ADB to flash an update.zip which contained the ROOT files. Then I installed SuperSU and enabled ROOT. The downside is, the program that let's me use my gamepad (USB/BT Joystick Center G) is kinda meh. I have to do so much just to get my gamepad to work. It's a royal pain in the ass. Is there any other way to get my wired gamepad to work on a rooted tablet?

Shawn R

Feb 28, 2014
I have to know Wich model U have. An Android 4.2 Tablet can be everything.

Sent from my HTC One mini via Tapatalk.

Google Android 4.2 Tablet (Rooted)
Model # – K1001L1B
Firmware – 2.1_20131224
Kernel Version – 3.4.39+
inet_paco@supperFAE #74
Build # - GLD-A20_K1001L1B.20131228

Nobis 9” Tablet (Not Rooted - Please Help)
Model # - NB09
Android Version – 4.1.1
Kernel Version – 3.0.8
Build # - NB09.20130929.V005

I managed to root the Google Android 4.2 Tablet.I wasn't able to root the Nobis Tablet because the same procedure will not work on it. It rejects the update.zip and no root methods seem to work. I would very much like to root the Nobis but the question is how? And what's the easiest way to get a wired PS2 pad to work with either tablet?

Last edited: