FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REQUEST] Note 2 Stock Browser Flashable Zip

492 posts
Thanks Meter: 38
 
By XeroHertZ, Senior Member on 30th March 2014, 10:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

Would somebody kindly provide me with a link to download the Note 2 Stock Browser flashable via recovery?

Thanks in advance.
 
 
30th March 2014, 05:03 PM |#2  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHertZ

Hi all,

Would somebody kindly provide me with a link to download the Note 2 Stock Browser flashable via recovery?

Thanks in advance.

Still in DN3 3.2?
Try to extract SecBrowser.apk from /system/app of the Rom zip, and push to /system/app via root explorer. Do give a rw-r--r-- permission.
Hope it helps.
30th March 2014, 05:12 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Oh No..I have upgraded to V4..I keep forgetting to update my signature..heheh.

Thanks for the solution buddy..will give this a try and report back

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
30th March 2014, 05:17 PM |#4  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHertZ

Oh No..I have upgraded to V4..I keep forgetting to update my signature..heheh.

Thanks for the solution buddy..will give this a try and report back

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Haha.
Goood luck then.
30th March 2014, 06:35 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Strange..I didn't find SeCBroswer.apk but it was called SBrowser.apk and another file called SBrowserTry.apk, so I renamed my SecBroswer.apk to SBrowser.apk replaced it in /system/app gave it rw-r-r permissions, and I got a msg "Internet has stopped responding" hmmmm.
30th March 2014, 10:52 PM |#6  
erljayp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHertZ

Strange..I didn't find SeCBroswer.apk but it was called SBrowser.apk and another file called SBrowserTry.apk, so I renamed my SecBroswer.apk to SBrowser.apk replaced it in /system/app gave it rw-r-r permissions, and I got a msg "Internet has stopped responding" hmmmm.

I think SBrowser.apk is how it i s called in KitKat, haven't tried any KK Rom. xD
Try to push both without renaming anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes