FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bootanimation] MASSIVE 180+ QMG BootAnimation LiBRaRy KoLLecTioN (6/25/14)

380 posts
Thanks Meter: 772

By KachowPow, Senior Member on 8th March 2014, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2014, 12:24 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shchiam1978

Hi there,
I am a note 3 with custom ROM Super fast and furious KK ROM NC2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...639190&page=15

I found the S5 boot animation from the youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHDpqEgJRzA and extracted the zip file from the download link below: http://www.mediafire.com/download/to...8iw1kq3/s5.zip

In my current custom ROM, there's Bootanimation.zip file which i rename it instead of removing it.
This applies to all the qmg files which i rename it instead of removing it.

In the youtube, the instruction is to flash it via recovery which i did and it doesn't work so I copy all the necessary files and gave the permission as stated in OP.

End result when booting: it only showing small mini android word + S5 Boot sound
End result when shut down: S5 shutdown logo
Can someone advice what went wrong?
I guess there's bootanimation.bin file that i need to replace or something. Not too sure

Thanks

The problem is you can not flash QMG files. Instead you must extract the QMG files from the zip folder, then you must manually move the QMG files into the system/media file . Take a look at the OP, I have laid out detailed instruction on how to do this. Also, note that in order for the QMG files to work you must remove the bootanimation.zip file from the system/media folder. The 3 main files that should be present are the bootsamsung.qmg (which plays the boot animation) the bootsamsungloop.qmg (which plays the "loop" that follows the bootsamsung.qmg,) and the shutdown.qmg (which plays a boot animation when the device is restarted.) Also, note if you care to have sound it will be located in the system/media/audio/ui under the file name PowerOn.ogg. The permission settings for the Ogg file is rw-r-r and for the QMG file for the most optimal play settings is rw-r-r-T, the "T" the "T" represents sticky which is a special permission in Root Explorer. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KachowPow Ad-Free

31st March 2014, 12:40 PM |#52  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KachowPow

The problem is you can not flash QMG files. Instead you must extract the QMG files from the zip folder, then you must manually move the QMG files into the system/media file . Take a look at the OP, I have laid out detailed instruction on how to do this. Also, note that in order for the QMG files to work you must remove the bootanimation.zip file from the system/media folder. The 3 main files that should be present are the bootsamsung.qmg (which plays the boot animation) the bootsamsungloop.qmg (which plays the "loop" that follows the bootsamsung.qmg,) and the shutdown.qmg (which plays a boot animation when the device is restarted.) Also, note if you care to have sound it will be located in the system/media/audio/ui under the file name PowerOn.ogg. The permission settings for the Ogg file is rw-r-r and for the QMG file for the most optimal play settings is rw-r-r-T, the "T" the "T" represents sticky which is a special permission in Root Explorer. Enjoy!

Hi there, Thanks for the advice.
Problem resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to shchiam1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shchiam1978 Ad-Free
1st April 2014, 07:24 PM |#53  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Samsung Galaxy S5 Boot Animation/with sound contributed by shchiam1978

#Note: Normally the BootSamsungLoop is Reserved for the Carrier to input their Logo Boot Animation to play with the Samsung Logo. Since, this is a non-carrier Boot Animation the BootSamsungLoop is blank just a black screen. I have inserted below the BootSamsungLoop from the KitKat “Easter Egg” that will play after the Samsung Galaxy S5 Boot Animation. Enjoy!

Samsung Galaxy S5 Boot Animation/with sound contributed by shchiam1978/EasterEgg thanks to AbhishekS
5th June 2014, 07:48 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Talking
It's been some time, I've decided to add another Boot Animation to this long running collection. This one happens to be the Boot Animation from the LG G watch that has yet to be released that will be hosting the brand new Android logo. Enjoy!
android logo - LG G Watch - Thanks to KachowPow

23rd June 2014, 02:00 PM |#55  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,125

More
Quote:

New additions for the weekend! @hilmi94zul your Marvel Boot Animation is here.

Cyanogen(mod) Perspective

Thanks for sharing my bootanimation without mentioning me or giving credits anywhere
The Following User Says Thank You to rharshit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rharshit Ad-Free
23rd June 2014, 05:39 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhar****

Thanks for sharing my bootanimation without mentioning me or giving credits anywhere

PM's sent. Certainly it is not my intention to not show credit to the original developer, themer, designer, of the boot animation. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, I even give credit to those that come up with an idea of a boot animation thought, picture, gif, etc...

With such a large collection of Boot Animations, there are many that are unclaimed, if anyone knows who they belong to please let me know by mention of a PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KachowPow Ad-Free
23rd June 2014, 07:50 PM |#57  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,125

More
Quote:

PM's sent. Certainly it is not my intention to not show credit to the original developer, themer, designer, of the boot animation. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, I even give credit to those that come up with an idea of a boot animation thought, picture, gif, etc...

With such a large collection of Boot Animations, there are many that are unclaimed, if anyone knows who they belong to please let me know by mention of a PM.

Thank you

Sent from my Optimus One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rharshit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rharshit Ad-Free
25th June 2014, 06:07 AM |#58  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More

Cyanogen Custom Boot Logo Thanks Mazer.one
CyanogenMOD Boot Logo Thanks Mazer.one
Cyanogen Dark Boot Logo Thanks Mazer.one
Cyanogen Dark Boot Logo V2 Thanks Mazer.one
Cyanogen Dark Boot Logo V3 Thanks Mazer.one
28th June 2014, 06:52 AM |#59  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
1st July 2014, 10:01 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
do you have to be rooted to do this?
1st July 2014, 10:19 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112

do you have to be rooted to do this?

Yes, you need to be able to access the /system/media folder and then change permissions to rw-r-r.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)