Fix DHD with S-ON and unmountable /sdard

Search This thread

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Hi,

I got a DHD from my coworker. It hangs on a CM7 bootscreen after his son tried to install CM.
As he said I could keep it I thought I would give the repair a try.

I read on the forums but I am not sure atm on how to proceed.

When I start it while holding VOlume down it I see

Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011, 14:28:19

ClockworkMod 5.8 is installed but I cant mount anything. E: Can't mount /sdcard/

Could somebody advise me what the easiest way would be to make the DHD usable again?

Thanks,
Kiesel

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I don't know what he did to it, but flashing a ROM in recovery without flashing the kernel in fastboot on an S-On device will make it hang on boot. Either flash the CM7 kernel in fastboot or do both steps with a new ROM.

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
thanks, that was my first thought but I didnt want to make the situation any worse. Will that work even if CWM says it cant mount /sdcard?

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
I flashed the boot.img, thats what you meant, isnt it? Thats at least what I saw in other threads I read. Didnt work out though. I will read about over recovery mods and then try those.

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
I flashed the boot.img, thats what you meant, isnt it? Thats at least what I saw in other threads I read. Didnt work out though. I will read about over recovery mods and then try those.

This thread maybe help you a little bit if you didn't read it already:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528925

CyanogenMod ROM is just a option. You can install what ever ROM you want.

Did you try: format the cache, data and system partitions, wipe the Dalvik cache?

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com

Yeah, flash the boot.img from fastboot. If that doesn't work try another recovery; maybe another recovery will mount the sdcard properly. (I find that easier than trying to fix a specific problem because I'm lazy.) 4ext and TWRP are good options.

You need to mount the sdcard to flash an entire ROM from the recovery. You could also unzip a ROM and flash the partitions individually from fastboot, but I'd do that as a last resort.

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
I tried TWRP but it had the same problem. Ext4 is next.

I also heard about using a RUU. would that maybe work?

Sent from my GT-I9105P using xda app-developers app

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
I also heard about using a RUU. would that maybe work?

No, because you will get error 140. You can't use ruu on unlocked phone.
Only thing you can do with ruu is that you can use stock rom.zip from it and flash it from sdcard or via fastboot.
If you flash it from sdcard, you must rename it to PD98IMG.zip

Sory for my bad english.

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
Ah, ok.

I will try that tomorrow, I am not at a PC atm. Can I otherwise somehow repartition the internal sd?

DeKiesel

Feb 7, 2012
perfect, thanks. I just went ahead and flashed a rom and afterwards the boot.img via fastboot and now it works. Thank you so much everybody!