[Discussion] HTC One M8 - Updates

Search This thread

nintendolinky

May 7, 2009
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
The 1.54.401.5 update has temporarily suspended by HTC that's why people aren't receiving it on new devices bought or turned on after the launch day.
There currently isn't an explanation on why it's been suspended but people in the know say it should be active again by the weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MassStash

suddy86

Jan 8, 2011
Glasgow
The 1.54.401.5 update has temporarily suspended by HTC that's why people aren't receiving it on new devices bought or turned on after the launch day.
There currently isn't an explanation on why it's been suspended but people in the know say it should be active again by the weekend.

Ah, that explains it.

Mine shipped with 1.12.771.17 from 3 UK.

G

GuestK00431

May have something to do with the camera crashing and sticking in Manual mode. Doesnt happen all the time but does on mine with the update.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London

Paul O'Brien had it from HTC that it was starting again yesterday...

https://plus.google.com/102638599682937145086/posts/aWkUT7pTgmj

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Only pre-loaded apps. No external logos to the hardware and no EE software branding anywhere except within Google Play Store "EE Recommends" link.

Can you uninstall the apps? Seems strange to have apps pre-installed yet be a generic EU build...what software version are you on if you go to Settings>About phone>Software information?

geovass

Oct 30, 2004
OnePlus Open
Me to! Great news!

Edit. I am seeing the in call audio volume to be much lower than before. Can anyone else confirm?

Last edited:
Can you uninstall the apps? Seems strange to have apps pre-installed yet be a generic EU build...what software version are you on if you go to Settings>About phone>Software information?

No cannot uninstall, but to be honest the only app that comes preinstalled is MY EE which cannot be uninstalled.

Version is 1.12.61.17.

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
Ok just got the update 1.54.401.5 prompt this morning, downloaded but when I try to install, it reboots to TWRP recovery. So guys as my m8 is rooted with custom recovery is there a different way to get this update? or have I missed something?

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Ok just got the update 1.54.401.5 prompt this morning, downloaded but when I try to install, it reboots to TWRP recovery. So guys as my m8 is rooted with custom recovery is there a different way to get this update? or have I missed something?

You need to have stock recovery to flash an OTA file (and ideally be stock but some say being rooted isn't an issue). You also can't have removed any apps as the OTA will fail othewise

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
You need to have stock recovery to flash an OTA file (and ideally be stock but some say being rooted isn't an issue). You also can't have removed any apps as the OTA will fail othewise

Ok so for me to get the OTA I need to flash stock recovery 1.12.40.17 but I can't seem to find it anywhere here? Only one available is stock recovery 1.54.401.5

Or I could I re-lock my bootloader and flash the stock rom available here which includes the update 1.54.401.5?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA ZIP COLLECTION

HAS MOVED HERE
    Ota is in sdcard/Download. Can share right on the cloud from phone so devs can cook in a few hrs [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, OTA in /cache/update.zip
    Here uploaded to androidfilehost.com
    HTC_ONE_M8_GPE_5_07_1700_6_MRA85K_H6.zip
    Good luck!
    I totally fail to understand why people think they can tell other people to get a life instead of waiting for the MM update.

We are all here on XDA because we are interested in mobile phones, interested highly above average. We like what they can do and how they look. Getting a major OS update makes the phone feel like almost a new device. I for one look forward to what MM brings, like Android pay, better app permissions control en hopefully better battery life. I like updates to my device that make it better. Of course I want that as soon as possible, of course I'm eager and very curious. If you couldn't care less about that, what are you doing in this thread and on XDA anyway?

And stop saying we shouldn't expect anything from HTC or be happy with whatever they do. They sell us expensive phones they will support for two years. MM has come out so it's completely logical they bring it to the 2014 HTC One M8. That's not charity from their part, that's their obligation. If you ask me, all brands' support for their products is very poor anyway. Millions of people are walking around with unpatched devices vulnerable to many attacks, that you really can't call old.

Having said all that, that doesn't mean we should all complain or whine about it. But please understand that people's enthousiasm about the coming update leads to disappointment when they don't even make it in the announced 2 weeks since the dec 3rd announcement for North America. Is there any logical reason why there should be any difference in launch dates between parts of the world? This shouldn't be about bugs begin squashed, you don't use one continent as beta testers for the other continent. You should have a beta test group for that.
    I personally still don't have a clue why many people in general are so hyped up and even bashing HTC about the updates and why it's not released for all regions at once. we get the update that's fair enough.

HTC should be wise and don't say a single word about updates and an eta. It would be the best for many users. And it would be better for the xda servers because it would contain less spam !

lol

:)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Lol got your attention?:D:D:D

Shortly I will be taking over the Collection of stock backups thread and the awesome work that the good @Mr Hofs has done to date. I plan to move the OTA collection into there so Nand backups and OTA files are in once place

This means that if you need to restore and update on stock and have any issues getting OTA files over the air. everything that you need will be in one place.

WHAT DO WE RECKON PEEPS???

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

HTC_621
    OTA_M8_UL_K444_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_3.28.709.6-3.28.709.5_release_400843m59k8z7s9vk0sv1g

Here you go m8: http://d-h.st/iGNq

Updated, cheers dude :)