DELETE

Search This thread

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Out of curiosity could this potentially lead to helping unlock the bootloader? Or anything else for that matter? I'm not the most smartest at knowing things of this nature so it never hurts to ask, right? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ryanbg

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Seconded.

Looking into trying to help with the kernel modules. Hopefully we can get something figured out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is amazing the amount of time that you guys must spend tearing apart our phones in order to fix things that shouldn't be broken in the first place. Thanks for all the effort.

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
Ahhhh! S&#t! Surge in the house! I was gonna say get this info over to the s4 forum but looks like it got there! I miss my mdk s4 but due to my clumsy @$$, I had to send it in for a insurance claim. so I sold the one sent to me and got the note 3. You devs CAN'T be thanked enough for what yall do but I don't mind trying! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Surge1223

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
Seems like the cast of a highly anticipated movie is getting revealed one by one.
I'm thrilled to see some progress going on considering how heart-broken I've been with those locked threads and scams.
Let's hope this isn't another one of those.

I have to ask though, what exactly is Qfuse? Is there any easy explanation for it?

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro

orangewaldo

Jan 10, 2012
want to help

Too long to explain how I got this. It's from my device. Hopefully this attracts the right attention. This is my biggest discovery yet. It's all out of order too, and I'm not going to put it into order because I'm lazy. Thanks @Surge1223 as always

As far as I can tell, this would be the device tree source.

Pastebin dump

I'll admit that im not a dev, but id like to post my version of the same file to see if they're any different bith my knox being 0x1.
Where did you find this gold mine?

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
Just putting this out there and I don't know anything about this type of dump/log. But would it be beneficial to get the same tree from a Dev Ed phone. Just an idea cause in my mind that makes sense to compare the two to see if that leads any where.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll admit that im not a dev, but id like to post my version of the same file to see if they're any different bith my knox being 0x1.
Where did you find this gold mine?

This is a generic source file for MSM8974, this isn't what the fuses are actually set to. You can check what fuses are blown (or most) with viewmem. The file just shows us all the possible registers/addresses, and how they are setup.

E:V:A

Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
As far as I can tell, this would be the device tree source.

Ryan, that pastebin in truncated because of the size limit for free pastebin.
Can you please upload file where we can get the whole thing, possibly on github?

Second, can you please consider moving this thread to "Hardware Hacking General" as
this is useful for a whole range of Qualcomm MSM8974 based devices.

For even more info about Qfuses, look here: "Qfuses in the MSM8960".

Last edited:

ryanbg

Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
Ryan, that pastebin in truncated because of the size limit for free pastebin.
Can you please upload file where we can get the whole thing, possibly on github?

Second, can you please consider moving this thread to "Hardware Hacking General" as
this is useful for a whole range of Qualcomm MSM8974 based devices.

For even more info about Qfuses, look here: "Qfuses in the MSM8960".

I believe I already started a thread in Hardware Hacking, I think it just fell to the back already. I actually have the whole register map, the problem is it was split into SEVERAL chunks. It will take me quite a bit of time to piece it all back together. The dump I posted here is actually like 4-5 different files I pieced together since the tool I used to carve it out of a memory dump didn't recognize it at one contiguous file. I slapped all of them together out of order and uploaded it because I was so excited. I will be out of town this weekend, but I will start putting the puzzle pieces together (there might be like 100 different files.)

I know longer have the memory dump (I wasn't aware of it's significance at the time,) but I do have all the files I pulled out of it.

krazylary

May 8, 2013
file disassembly and heartbleed exploit

Let me know of any files that would help if they are disassembled amd decompiled.

Also I have the heartbleed exploit. I wonder if we installed a openssl version that is affected. Infect the phone with a root kit like virus and do a mem dump. If we could grab something juicy.

This is a good read about the qfuse

http://blog.azimuthsecurity.com/2013/04/unlocking-motorola-bootloader.html?m=1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts