Stock backup collection thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
I have a stock /system from an ORANG001 CID. But I am on a limited connection so won't be able to upload at the moment. I will at some point though if no one else can.

Quick question though.... This won't contain any of my personal data will it? That's all on /data?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Hofs

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Well i am trying to collect stock nands, out of the box roms. If you don't feel safe just do as i did in the past

Make a nandroid backup of the current rom, then do a factory reset (backup the nand backup) and then a new nand .... No data no accounts , nothing. Just a clean nand.

:thumbup:

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010
I've already made the nandroid, but it was of a rom that I had already set up. Before I flashed ARHD.

So will this have personal data in it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Yes probably. But you can restore that one and make a factory reset and make a new nand. Then it's clean

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
Anyone out there with the stock rom from Three uk ? my backup was corrupted :eek:

Uploading to MEGA as we speak...

HBOOT 3.16
H3G__001

I can't remember if I deleted my data off this beforehand so I'd appreciate it if you could wipe it after flashing. I definitely fastboot boot'd TWRP and made a stock backup so this should be stock including stock recovery? :confused:

Reactions: dazbutler1

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
probably not ruu's as these files are mainly 100 Mb.....way to low for a ruu. but ota's are good too as they contain stock recoveries :)

Quick question as I am rather new at this. The stock backup I have made, how would I go about going back to stock no root etc. Just flash my backup in TWRP? Will that restore my stock recovery? :good:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Quick question as I am rather new at this. The stock backup I have made, how would I go about going back to stock no root etc. Just flash my backup in TWRP? Will that restore my stock recovery? :good:

no it will not restore the stock htc recovery, your twrp recovery will still be present. If you make a full wipe and restore the stock nandroid backup you will have the stock rom back, that's all. Thats why i just edited the O.P to pull stock recoveries from fresh unlocked bootloaders !

Reactions: crazyandroider

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
no it will not restore the stock htc recovery, your twrp recovery will still be present. If you make a full wipe and restore the stock nandroid backup you will have the stock rom back, that's all. Thats why i just edited the O.P to pull stock recoveries from fresh unlocked bootloaders !

So how would I go back to completely stock so I can OTA from 1.12 to 1.54? Ignoring the non-removable TAMPERED and UNLOCKED signs obviously. Can I flash the 1.54 recovery over the top of TWRP if my backup was 1.12?

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
So how would I go back to completely stock? Ignoring the non-removable TAMPERED and UNLOCKED signs obviously. Can I flash the 1.54 recovery over the top of TWRP if my backup was 1.12?

as of now i cant answer that question. I have no 1.12 stock recovery and can't compare them yet....no idea if there is a difference between the 1.12 and 1.54....but you can always try. When you get the official ota we all know if it worked or not if you report that here ;)

When i find a 1.12 stock recovey i will update the O.P for sure

guywithdesire1992

Oct 7, 2010
as of now i cant answer that question. I have no 1.12 stock recovery and can't compare them yet....no idea if there is a difference between the 1.12 and 1.54....but you can always try. When you get the official ota we all know if it worked or not if you report that here ;)

When i find a 1.12 stock recovey i will update the O.P for sure

Is there a way to extract the stock recovery from my stock NAND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts