5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By beramiah, Junior Member on 2nd April 2014, 07:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2014, 09:14 PM |#11  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Out of curiosity, are you guys using xprivacy? If so, have you checked to make sure it isn't manipulating GPS for those apps?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydiamond11

The one thing about avast is it uses root. Idk about gotya can you let me know.

No, it is strictly a security app, so permissions for camera, messaging, and GPS. *edit* and gmail account

The Following User Says Thank You to Draxin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Draxin Ad-Free

2nd April 2014, 10:45 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So I recovered my pre-ota phone and installed CM11 on my slot 1 again. No problem installing gapps, however the android device manager is still having problems communicating with my device. I will try using Avast for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to beramiah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beramiah Ad-Free
2nd April 2014, 11:36 PM |#13  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin

Out of curiosity, are you guys using xprivacy? If so, have you checked to make sure it isn't manipulating GPS for those apps?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

No, it is strictly a security app, so permissions for camera, messaging, and GPS. *edit* and gmail account

I am not using xprivacy lol I got tired of all the changing settings I thought so about gotya

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beramiah

So I recovered my pre-ota phone and installed CM11 on my slot 1 again. No problem installing gapps, however the android device manager is still having problems communicating with my device. I will try using Avast for now.

yes try avast anti teft it works great but first download the normal avast and click on advanced setup and chose root.

3rd April 2014, 01:33 AM |#14  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydiamond11

The one thing about avast is it uses root. Idk about gotya can you let me know.

Curious, what is the benefit of a root access security apk if you keep debugging off when not using it?

Gotya is imbedded in to the screenlock and standalone so it doesn't require internet access for a server. You can have it take pictures on a failed login, which it will send as well as GPS coordinates of where it took place to your email. You are able to send sms commands to ask it where it is, have it call you, start an alarm if you are in a large room of people, lock the device with a pin even if the SIM has been changed, and also send a message to the thief.

Just wondering if I am using the wrong security
3rd April 2014, 02:17 AM |#15  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin

Curious, what is the benefit of a root access security apk if you keep debugging off when not using it?

Gotya is imbedded in to the screenlock and standalone so it doesn't require internet access for a server. You can have it take pictures on a failed login, which it will send as well as GPS coordinates of where it took place to your email. You are able to send sms commands to ask it where it is, have it call you, start an alarm if you are in a large room of people, lock the device with a pin even if the SIM has been changed, and also send a message to the thief.

Just wondering if I am using the wrong security

So for me avast works the same except you can control when the gps turns on via sms say if the data is off and gps. everything can be done just with sms. The picture taking It will do but you have to pay for that. I see the use in gotya but I like avast. Also avast antitheft even with a wipe over like say you wipe the phone except the internal sd card it can still work. You will have to look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tydiamond11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tydiamond11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)