Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

2nd April 2014, 05:17 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekerbuddyeker

Wait! Best advice I can give..!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Looking forward for the confirmation of my order. I would like to know what else can we do for now. waiting time starts.
2nd April 2014, 02:58 PM |#13  
London
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966

been trawling the net, but cant seem to find out any information when the LG G2 PRO will be released in the UK .. i know i can buy the Korean version of the phone on e bay .. but not sure if that will work in UK . just cant wait to get my hands on this beast

I have the Korean version in the UK and it works fine.
You can delete all the Korean apps that come pre installed so that's good.

There are a few tweaks I made myself to make the phone better such as removing the Korean roaming clock from the lockscreen etc... just to make the phone a bit more English friendly. You do need root for that which is easy enough to do.

The phone will work on EE and Three's 4G networks only. It won't work on O2 or Vodafone 4G but will work on every network 3G and 2G fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadcentral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmadcentral Ad-Free
2nd April 2014, 09:08 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadcentral

I have the Korean version in the UK and it works fine.
You can delete all the Korean apps that come pre installed so that's good.

There are a few tweaks I made myself to make the phone better such as removing the Korean roaming clock from the lockscreen etc... just to make the phone a bit more English friendly. You do need root for that which is easy enough to do.

The phone will work on EE and Three's 4G networks only. It won't work on O2 or Vodafone 4G but will work on every network 3G and 2G fine.

What's the number of your Korean version? Is it a D838 (the "International" version, I was told) or something else?
Am a bit concerned as have ordered a D838 and I'm on O2...

And does your G Pro 2 have the TV aerial built in??? I've seen some models which do...

-StuPC
2nd April 2014, 09:47 PM |#15  
London
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupc

What's the number of your Korean version? Is it a D838 (the "International" version, I was told) or something else?
Am a bit concerned as have ordered a D838 and I'm on O2...

And does your G Pro 2 have the TV aerial built in??? I've seen some models which do...

-StuPC

The Korean Version has the model number F350.
The Asian version (Hong Kong) has the model number D838 and was released after the Korean version.

Unfortunately the D838 only supports 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz and not the 800Mhz that O2 use for 4G. So the phone will work fine on 3G and 2G but it will not work on 4G at all.

You'll probably want to wait for the European model to launch if you want to use O2. Otherwise only EE and Three will work with both the D838 and F350 on 4G in the UK.

And yes, the Korean version (F350) is the one with the aerial. The Asian version does not have an aerial and is the same look as the European/American variants will be.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadcentral For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmadcentral Ad-Free
3rd April 2014, 02:16 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadcentral

The Korean Version has the model number F350.
The Asian version (Hong Kong) has the model number D838 and was released after the Korean version.

Unfortunately the D838 only supports 1800Mhz and 2600Mhz and not the 800Mhz that O2 use for 4G. So the phone will work fine on 3G and 2G but it will not work on 4G at all.

You'll probably want to wait for the European model to launch if you want to use O2. Otherwise only EE and Three will work with both the D838 and F350 on 4G in the UK.

And yes, the Korean version (F350) is the one with the aerial. The Asian version does not have an aerial and is the same look as the European/American variants will be.

I got it today and all I can say is that this is too amazing. perfect grip, perfect apps. just my type of device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)