Extremely slow lte on straight talk

Search This thread

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
I am on stock ucmd3 and have lte but its extremely slow. Averaging between 1 to 2 mb dl and .35 to 1 mb up. Anybody have any ideas that can make it faster? Maybe rom/radio combo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
What service are you running? I believe it was straight talk if I'm correct. Duh you stated that already. Lol have you setup your apn the recommended way?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
What service are you running? I believe it was straight talk if I'm correct. Duh you stated that already. Lol have you setup your apn the recommended way?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yep. Or else I wouldn't be on lte. This saddens me. I guess I'm stuck with it eh?

Any advice on rom/kernel/radio combo?

Sure, go all in from the feet up - KK. I thinks it's frowned upon here to recommend a ROM other than that you just have to try them and see which one works out for you. That said I try a bunch but keep close BeanStalk-4.4.255-20140307-quincyatt, with Polluti0n's Rom Patch - stable (just like my mother in law said); everything works great, if only twins was legal ;)

P/S
BTW that patch is recommended across multiple KK roms (if I'm right), kernels, CPU gov., selections etc are in-built, I just go default.
And fyi I don't do GAPPS, Google and NSA can take a walk off a short cliff.
EDIT:Cos slowed my phone and I don't have a compelling reason to use GAPPS anyway.

Last edited: