[DIY][Tutorial] Get rid of the Led bleed on your photos !

Search This thread

vetko

Sep 6, 2012
i did it with a standart cd marker pen. i didnt paint the lens, only a little bit of the silver ring witch i cleaned with alcoohol just fine. you have to be careful and stady hands. alcohol wont damage your lens, dont worry.

Ok, thanks. Just a last small question: Do you have by chance some kind of oleophobic coating protection on your lens? Because I have my lens full of fingerprints by daily use. I hope it's not because of the yesterday's mission, didn't pay attention before I played with alcohol. :eek:

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
Ok, thanks. Just a last small question: Do you have by chance some kind of oleophobic coating protection on your lens? Because I have my lens full of fingerprints by daily use. I hope it's not because of the yesterday's mission, didn't pay attention before I played with alcohol. :eek:

nope, my lens is also full of fingerprints... i brush it with my t shirt to get it clean :p

Reactions: vetko

levz

Nov 27, 2010
Im one of those, no flash/led bleed i guess they should replace their unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

levz

Nov 27, 2010
pu2e8ymu.jpg

y5araru5.jpg

heres some pix (back) of the unit, later batches i guess, in my country sony just release this about couple days ago. Seems the same physically, altho i dunno for internal parts update though.

Hoping this pix are ok to you guys im using a tablet.

vetko

Sep 6, 2012
pu2e8ymu.jpg

y5araru5.jpg

heres some pix (back) of the unit, later batches i guess, in my country sony just release this about couple days ago. Seems the same physically, altho i dunno for internal parts update though.

As far as I can see, the "slope" of the frame around the lens is much more longer, so it is not as perpendicular to the surface of the camera as before, on our models. :good: Maybe this is the solution. Will send it back / ask for another model as soon as I will have time.

Reactions: levz and profyler

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
pu2e8ymu.jpg

y5araru5.jpg

can you please provide better resolution pics?? aparently, the depth difference from the plastic cover to the lenses, are gone.
cool to see sony doing something (if its really true). bad that they dont seel this device in brazil and i'll never have a chance to change it =(

rossi2000

Mar 12, 2012
What exactly do you mean with slope? :D

the slope of the edging around the camera lense is wider, i can see this too comparing to my Z1C now

i recently got 2 x Z1C's (both black) for me and the missus, hers definatley has this bleeding but ive not seen it yet on mine. going to try more testing on it and if sony really have revised the design of the z1c im sure as hell be wanting the revised model. if not possibly a refund.

Reactions: levz and vetko

slannmage

Oct 30, 2012
I did the permanent marker trick and it has gone unless I have a case on it (which I always will so I can resell it next year to upgrade) so I dunno it doesn't bother me, the back cover is so easy to take off, just get a suction sup and a guitar pic and it is off, I bet you can just get a replacement back easily that has been revised.

I know if I exchange it, I'll get one with a crappy screen or dead pixels or a pink spot in the camera... just not worth it over a flash that I'll never use because LED flashes suck.

levz

Nov 27, 2010
Ok il will try to get some descent reso shot, if not probably daytime cam shot, also it will be included pics from z1c itself night/total darkness samples. Thanks. Later

Sent from my Nokia_X using Tapatalk

gabi11

Dec 13, 2011
I'm also thinking about buying it to my wife.
I'll probably ask a friend to do it for me because it's quite expensive in my city.

Looking forward to hearing about build week or something like that, but is there any serial number on the box or something?
Just looking for something that'll be easier to check before buying the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im dissapointed that Sony didnt pay atention on building up the Z1 Compact and put a plastic cover in the back and not a glass one, witch might have saved the Z1C of having a annoying flashlight bleed. I cant believe Sony didnt notice this, and the bad part is, that i dont think at all that they will have a solution with a sw update since they dont even have knowledge on this problem and said its the users fault
    You can learn more about the bleed here: http://www.inside-handy.de/news/305...itz-bug-bei-farbigen-modellen-noch-deutlicher

Problem: the z1c has a problem with flash bleeding under certain circumstance; If you set your Z1C on superior auto, with led flash on you will probably have a led bleed picture IF you're taking the photo at night, specially on long distance objects but also on near objects. For a very close picture or macro, I dont have bleed at all, so dont judge if you have the bleed by taking just one or two pictures...

Cause: The light of the Led pass through the plastic cover until it reaches the sensor. this is also caused by the depth difference between the sensor and the plastic cover back. i had the same issue using a bumper in my LG Optimus 4x hd, and i fixed it the same way.

Solution: Buy youself a "undeletable black pen". Those pen that you use for writing on a CD and doesnt vanished. You can find it everywhere.
    Now you have to be carefull, and paint the part that causes the interference on the sensor, like the picture wich is atached here:
    Try to paint that little elevation of the plastic cover just above the chrome ring.
    Ok thats it.
    Dont worry if you have painted the chrome ring a little bit. Those "undeletable pen" arent exactly undeletable. you can erease it with alcoohol anytime, but it wont go out only by brushing it with your hand or water wich is exactly what we want. I also painted a little of the cromed ring and i vanished it with a toothpick with little alcohol.
    In fact, if you dont like the modification, you can erease everything with a piece of cloth and little alcohol... not a big deal.
    Ps: may worked for the colored Z1c too, but you will have to live with a small black scratch near the lense.

The pic atached (left) is my Z1c after I made the fix, and you can see its all fine and not note that i made a black track with the pen.

Also, if Sony manages to fix it with a software update, you can easyli ereased it back, but dont expect that...
    Veredict: The Z1c still makes bad night pictures with noise, but at least the bleed is removed with the fix, because the light will be blocked by the black paint from reaching the sensor. The pics will even look better, with correct colors and looking more natural.

Samples: The first pic is in darkness with the only light beeing from the street and from those apartments.
    The second pic is in my living room with absolutely no light and complete dark.

You can clearly see the light bleed on the lower part of the first two pics that doesnt have the fix.
    You can clearly see that there is no more light bleed after the fix.

Those below are without the bleed fix. (superior auto + led on)

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Now the same with the fix I made , and same camera settings:

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg
    pu2e8ymu.jpg

y5araru5.jpg

ujyzaren.jpg

8e5yparu.jpg

mysa2ady.jpg

Hoping it will be much better than previous,it was captured by daytime now, also by a tablet.

Saw the z1 today. There is no depth difference from the lenses to the back cover, thats surely why the z1 doesnt have the bleed.