Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Q] LG E455F Optimus L5 II Dual: Hang on "LGSetupWizard"

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By allison.b.mat, Junior Member on 1st April 2014, 01:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good morning.

I got a problem yesterday with my LG L5 II Dual phone: I caught my sisters pressing any buttons on it and when I saw what they did, there was an Android image on it. Now, every time I try to boot it, it cannot finish the initial setup, saying "Unfortunately, LGSetupWizard stopped."

I've rooted this phone some time ago, but the root seems to have no effect now. For instance, I deleted the following apps:
- Facebook
- Twittter
- All of "TIM" resources ("TIM Recarga, TIM Música, TIM this, TIM that"); "TIM" is the mobile operator of my phone.

I tried to follow the steps described in this post: "[Tutorial] Flashing KDZ on LG L5 II (E455/E460) and other LG phones", but I can't get my phone detected under "Download Mode", what I accessed using (Vol Up) + (Vol Down) keys while booting the phone. Unfortunately, it couldn't be detected in any workaround provided by this guide.

When connected under "Download Mode", I see a device called "LGE AndroidNet USB Modem" under "Modems" category on Windows Device Manager. It seems to be the only mode my phone could be detected under this mode.

Playing around with it, I could access a "Recovery Mode" by (Vol Up) + (Quick Access) keys while booting up the phone. I tried to get some info about it and I could, at least, use it with ADB. But I have read-only access, not read-write anymore. Searching more trying to get an answer to "ADB Force Root Mode", I got some things to notice, like the file "default.prop" under the phone's root system.

This "default.prop" shows the following 6 first lines:
Code:
ro.secure=1
ro.allow.mock.location=0
persist.mtk.aee.aed=on
ro.debuggable=0
persist.sys.usb.config=charge_only
persist.service.acm.enable=0
which means, I think, the phone now isn't configured for USB debugging neither for system write permission.

What can I do to, at least, try to delete some files on it, specifically the 4 setup wizard ones, located at "/system/app/" under the names "LGSetupWizard_JB.apk", "LGSetupWizard_JB.odex", "SetupWizard.apk" and "SetupWizard.odex", since these are the ones which I'm dealing with?

Ah. I tried on computers running Windows 8.1 and Windows XP SP3. No luck.

(edit: 2014-04-02, 23:16 UTC -03:00)
I've playing around with ADB trying to run it with another mode. I don't know if this can help, but sending the phone to recovery mode using ADB
Code:
adb reboot recovery
I get an Android lying with a red triangle sign over it... Still searching for a procedure or an answer to fix the phone, but still with no luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to allison.b.mat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allison.b.mat Ad-Free

3rd April 2014, 04:14 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Humaitá - AM
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up [Solved] Guide to solve this kind of problem
After looking for a while on how to fix the problem either by trying to run an ADB shell as root either by flashin the ROM, I could figure another way to flash the original "TIM" rom for my phone instead of the one described on the topic "[Tutorial] Flashing KDZ on LG L5 II (E455/E460) and other LG phones". Here's the way out:

1. Downloading firmware KDZ Flash ROM
First, you have to download the original KDZ ROM for your phone. It can be found at the link below:
LG Optimus L5 II Firmware List

The ones for Brazilian users are described in the page. For TIM users, I suggest using firmware 33 BTM/TIM(BRAZIL), size 599.09 MiB.
Since my phone was sold by TIM, I can't tell about another mobile operators, like Claro, Oi, and VIVO.

2. Extracting a binary file from the KDZ Flash ROM
After that, you will need to extract the KDZ file using LGExtractor (and not DZExtractor).
You can download it from here as an autoextractor file: <4shared>. It will extract itself to C:\RecoverE455\Extract.
Put your KDZ file on an easy access folder. I will assume you will use C:\RecoverE455\ROM for this.
Launch an Administrator command line prompt, and run this command:
Code:
C:\RecoverE455\Extract\LGExtractor -kdz C:\RecoverE455\ROM\<KDZ-ROM-FileName>.kdz
Again, I assume you will put evertything under C:\RecoverE455.
Now, you have a cabinet (CAB) file in the same folder of your KDZ ROM. Extract it directly and you will get some structure similar to this:
  • DLL (folder)
  • LGE... (binary rom)
  • LGUP... (dll file)

3. Getting a most recent version of LGFlashTool
After this procedure, you will have to download LGFlashTool in order to flash you newly extracted BINARY rom.
You can download it from here as an autoextractor file: <4shared>. It will extract itself to C:\RecoverE455\Flasher.
Run the Setup program attached within it and it will install itself under the folder C:\LG\LGFlashTool. Overwrite the file [I]MegaLock.dll[I] under this folder with the one you just extracted in C:\RecoverE455\Flasher.

4. Install the correct LG Support Drivers for your E455 phone
Instead of installing the most recent version of LG Drivers provided by LG, you will install the following ones:
  • LG United Mobile Driver 3.8.1
  • LG Windows Mobile 1.0
  • LG SmartPhone DUN Modem Driver 1.0
They are packaged and you can download them from here as an autoextractor file: <4shared>. It will extract itself to C:\RecoverE455\Drivers. Install them in the order described above then restart your computer.

5. Put your phone under Download Mode
To do this, turn off your phone either directly either removing and reinserting the battery.
Plug the phone - WHILE TURNED OFF - on your computer by the USB cable.
Hold (Vol Up) + (Vol Down) and turn on the phone. Keep holding (Vol Up) + (Vol Down) until you see the line "==>Download mode" in bottom of the screen. If it doesn't appear, try until you get this.

6. Configuring your computer to flash under USB download mode
After plugging your device under Download Mode, open Windows Device Manager and search for some LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM##):

If it is not (COM41), you must set it to port (COM41). Set properties of the serial port, select tab "Port Settings", then click "Advanced":

Here, select (COM41) for COM number port.

7. Launch LGFlashTool and flashing
Open your newly modified LGFlashTool (yes, the one you downloaded here and replaced some DLL). It immediately will ask for your BINARY rom and a DLL:

Click the "..." button and select the LGUP***.DLL in the same folder as your .BIN file you extracted in step 2.
Click the "Add" button immediately below (side S/W box), then select the LGE***.BIN you extracted in step 2.
Click OK.

Click the serial port button ----, and let this dialog be equal as this one, with only "16 ports\Port 1 ~ Port 16\1" marked:

And now click the forward button --.
It will display READY on box with port COM41.
Disconnect your phone, turn it off, then turn it on under Download Mode as described on step 5.
If you manage to turn it on Download Mode without connecting to your computer, plug it back to the computer.
It will begin flashing by itself. No action needed.
DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN IF YOU DO SO, BUT PROBABLY YOU WILL BREAK DEFINITIVELY YOUR DEVICE.
After all, your phone will restart with all its original configuration and LGFlashTool will display an error. After you manage to finish LGSetupWizard on the phone, you may close everything.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to allison.b.mat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allison.b.mat Ad-Free
16th May 2014, 02:46 AM |#3  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Man, you are a HERO.

I was having trouble debranding and updating my phone, but with your tutorial, it was EASY! Now I have a debranded and updated phone (V10K).

MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to romulocarlos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romulocarlos Ad-Free
17th June 2014, 09:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Now, you have a cabinet (CAB) file in the same folder of your KDZ ROM. Extract it directly and you will get some structure similar to this:
DLL (folder)
LGE... (binary rom)
LGUP... (dll file)

i couldn't find these, i've done instructions carefully ... help me pleasee !!!
18th June 2014, 06:30 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reresatria

DLL (folder)
LGE... (binary rom)
LGUP... (dll file)

i couldn't find these, i've done instructions carefully ... help me pleasee !!!

solved , just doin' little mistake ... thanks man for tutorial
25th June 2014, 05:33 PM |#6  
Flag Belo Horizonte

More
Hi! I'm here again!

I'm trying to do everything again, but now in my new phone, a D685 (LG G Pro Lite Dual).

But, when I connect it in download mode, FlashTool give me an error just after "USB Connection established". No description of the error, just a "F0000002"...

You know how to solve this?
3rd July 2014, 03:22 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG 455 IMEI Problem
Hi,
I flash my phone following this instructions a month ago, all gone ok but yesterday both sims come into negative band and i discover IMEIS changed. I try to rewrite imeis from back label under batteries by all the ways i know, but none works. The AT command method via engineer menu or Putty console responds OK but doesnt change anything; same thing with MTKTools.

The las chance, i think, its by meta mode imei an sn change tools, like Maui META or SN_STATION, but i cant enter the phone in meta mode or cant find the correct drivers; every times programs fail attemping to connect to phone...

Please if some know some clues make me know!!!!
3rd July 2014, 11:11 AM |#8  
Flag Belo Horizonte

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niconiconico111

Hi,
I flash my phone following this instructions a month ago, all gone ok but yesterday both sims come into negative band and i discover IMEIS changed. I try to rewrite imeis from back label under batteries by all the ways i know, but none works. The AT command method via engineer menu or Putty console responds OK but doesnt change anything; same thing with MTKTools.

The las chance, i think, its by meta mode imei an sn change tools, like Maui META or SN_STATION, but i cant enter the phone in meta mode or cant find the correct drivers; every times programs fail attemping to connect to phone...

Please if some know some clues make me know!!!!

The AT commands worked for me. In putty, be sure to get "IMEI changed" as response, and check the number. If I remember, the IMEI is comma seppareted.
4th July 2014, 12:33 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[SOLVED]
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulocarlos

The AT commands worked for me. In putty, be sure to get "IMEI changed" as response, and check the number. If I remember, the IMEI is comma seppareted.

Hi, thanks for the reply!
Yes, finally the solution was simple, instead of using AT+EGMR command I use AT%IMEI=, that worked!!
6th August 2014, 04:52 PM |#10  

More
can u solve it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulocarlos

Hi! I'm here again!

I'm trying to do everything again, but now in my new phone, a D685 (LG G Pro Lite Dual).

But, when I connect it in download mode, FlashTool give me an error just after "USB Connection established". No description of the error, just a "F0000002"...

You know how to solve this?

hii, how about this problem ? have you solved it ? can u tell me how do it ... i've got same problem,
The Following User Says Thank You to reresatria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reresatria Ad-Free
6th August 2014, 07:07 PM |#11  
Flag Belo Horizonte

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reresatria

hii, how about this problem ? have you solved it ? can u tell me how do it ... i've got same problem,

FlashTool can't work with this phone. Instead, search here on XDA about flashing KDZ larger than 1Gb. Is an offline method.
The Following User Says Thank You to romulocarlos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romulocarlos Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)