HTC One Not Charging :(

Search This thread

NumairRana

Mar 1, 2011
I don't know what to do now, I'm feeling depressed just by thinking about my problem. Okay, so just to give ya the backstory (nothing big), my phone's battery died when going home to the gym (automatically shut down), didn't think much about it. I got home, after awhile, I plugged in my HTC One into the charger and it wouldn't charge at all!!! :crying: Never happened to me before, I'm running on the latest TWRP, and on the Google Edition rom. Now on to what I did next.

I tried just leaving it on there for a few hours, NOT A PEEP, no LED light, nada just completely dead. Then I plugged it into the laptop USB port, it doesn't recognizes the device but it did install a driver too (forgot what it was called though). And the computer does indeed recognizes the device's existence cuz I hear the computer make that sound when you hook it up to the computer. Also in the the Devices and Printers on Windows 7, it either says Unknown Device or USB Input Device depending on what USB port I hook it up to. And after a few hours charging from the PC, the LED light did come back but only the low battery is dead pulsing (dunno what else to call it lol, its not the solid LED light). And it only does it for a few minutes, goes away then repeats. So does that mean there is some glimmer of hope? I've tried holding the Power button for a minute or 2, nothing. Power button + Vol Up? Nope. Power button + Vol Down? Nope. Do all of those while the LED light is pulsing? Nope. When its completely black? Nope.

So what can I do?! I can't claim warranty because I bought this off Craigslist (plus I'm rooted, so that would be moot anyways), can someone help this depressed as heck man? Its like I'm watching my best friend die slowly. :crying: lol. Sorry if it was a long read, just wanted to put everything in OP, would appreciate the help!

Last edited:

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
I don't know what to do now, I'm feeling depressed just by thinking about my problem. Okay, so just to give ya the backstory (nothing big), my phone's battery died when going home to the gym (automatically shut down), didn't think much about it. I got home, after awhile, I plugged in my HTC One into the charger and it wouldn't charge at all!!! :crying: Never happened to me before, I'm running on the latest TWRP, and on the Google Edition rom. Now on to what I did next.

I tried just leaving it on there for a few hours, NOT A PEEP, no LED light, nada just completely dead. Then I plugged it into the laptop USB port, it doesn't recognizes the device but it did install a driver too (forgot what it was called though). And the computer does indeed recognizes the device's existence cuz I hear the computer make that sound when you hook it up to the computer. Also in the the Devices and Printers on Windows 7, it either says Unknown Device or USB Input Device depending on what USB port I hook it up to. And after a few hours charging from the PC, the LED light did come back but only the low battery is dead pulsing (dunno what else to call it lol, its not the solid LED light). And it only does it for a few minutes, goes away then repeats. So does that mean there is some glimmer of hope? I've tried holding the Power button for a minute or 2, nothing. Power button + Vol Up? Nope. Power button + Vol Down? Nope. Do all of those while the LED light is pulsing? Nope. When its completely black? Nope.

So what can I do?! I can't claim warranty because I bought this off Craigslist (plus I'm rooted, so that would be moot anyways), can someone help this depressed as heck man? Its like I'm watching my best friend die slowly. :crying: lol. Sorry if it was a long read, just wanted to put everything in OP, would appreciate the help!

try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301007

NumairRana

Mar 1, 2011

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
This seems to be happening with TWRP 2.7.x. If you can possibly flash a different recovery you may resurrect your phone...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

NumairRana

Mar 1, 2011
This seems to be happening with TWRP 2.7.x. If you can possibly flash a different recovery you may resurrect your phone...

How can I flash anything when the phone wont wake up? ugh, the only hope I'm getting is that the LED is blinking from time to time, meaning there's at least something going on.

Anyone else?

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
*If* twrp 2.7.0.0 caused your issue (which is hard to say since we don't know which recovery you are using) then somehow you have to overwrite the recovery in fastboot.

The phone needs to be able to boot into HBOOT and then go into fastboot. the battery will have to have enough charge for the recovery flash to succeed.

i honestly don't know the next step for your case, maybe someone else can help.