FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Anyone get the M8 using Edge program?

1,616 posts
Thanks Meter: 135
 
By pettigrew95, Senior Member on 3rd April 2014, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2014, 04:33 AM |#41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjshorty

I work for VZW and can testify that EDGE really is a sweet deal. I got mine on Edge and since I'm on Share Everything I still received a $10 bill credit for 2 years which means it only effected my bill by about $15. Which is a pretty awesome deal since you can do it all over again at 12 months...which means I'll only have paid roughly $200 for this phone instead of $600. Money!

Sent from my HTC One M8

So you'll have paid the same amount as if you bought it up front and yet not get to keep it when it's time to upgrade? Doesn't sound like a sweet deal to me.
 
 
4th April 2014, 04:43 AM |#42  
superjshorty's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPChris

So you'll have paid the same amount as if you bought it up front and yet not get to keep it when it's time to upgrade? Doesn't sound like a sweet deal to me.


What? No, lol. You will only have paid like half the price. Or less depending on if you go back and upgrade after a year or wait a little longer. If you buy up front its $605.99 or something...if you EDGE and keep it for a year you definitely haven't paid that much. And let's face it...phones start to lose their value after a full two years so you never really get that much out of them anyway.
4th April 2014, 05:36 AM |#43  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPChris

So you'll have paid the same amount as if you bought it up front and yet not get to keep it when it's time to upgrade? Doesn't sound like a sweet deal to me.

No, you only have to pay 1/2 of full price then you edge up to a new device. So, if a phone cost $600 retail. You pay $300 then edge up to a new device. And so what if you don't get to keep the old one. Image it like buying a car, you take a loan/lean out for a car. You pay monthly payments on the car but a yr later you want to trade it in and get a new car. The dealership agrees to pay your loan off you don't keep your old car but you get a brand new one... The edge program is the same way
4th April 2014, 06:47 AM |#44  
deeznuts's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormyMNT

No, you only have to pay 1/2 of full price then you edge up to a new device. So, if a phone cost $600 retail. You pay $300 then edge up to a new device. And so what if you don't get to keep the old one. Image it like buying a car, you take a loan/lean out for a car. You pay monthly payments on the car but a yr later you want to trade it in and get a new car. The dealership agrees to pay your loan off you don't keep your old car but you get a brand new one... The edge program is the same way

Exactly! Not rocket science, who keeps 2-3yr old phones? Then thinks 3yrs later it's worth something in cash value or trade in? More like a paper weight but to each their own. I see edge program as my monthly bill is cheap with it, I got hooked up. Basically have same monthly bill as I did without edge so really not paying anything more in my mind. But get to trade up every year or sooner if I wanted to with zero out of pocket. Win win for me.
4th April 2014, 06:56 AM |#45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts

Exactly! Not rocket science, who keeps 2-3yr old phones? Then thinks 3yrs later it's worth something in cash value or trade in? More like a paper weight but to each their own. I see edge program as my monthly bill is cheap with it, I got hooked up. Basically have same monthly bill as I did without edge so really not paying anything more in my mind. But get to trade up every year or sooner if I wanted to with zero out of pocket. Win win for me.

Indeed!!! Win win for me too. That's why I went on it
4th April 2014, 02:04 PM |#46  
pjim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim

I am expecting my new M8 today. Using edge on a 30gb plan with 2 voice lines and a hotspot, I pay $24.99 a month for each phone, M8 and iphone 5s. But they give me a credit for $25.00 on each line for the data. Seems fair to me.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I got the phones yesterday. I didn't see any return packaging for my old phones. So I call 'em up and ask about it.
The phones I started my original contract with were damaged in an accident, no insurance, so I bought 2 from Craigslist. Since i didn't buy the phones from Verizon.........THEY DON'T WANT THEM BACK! So I keep my old Note 2 and the wife's iphone 4s. So i traded in my car (from the above scenario), they don't want it because I didn't buy it from them, and I still get new cars without any increase in my monthly payment.


Boy...... I don't think I can take too much more of those abusive sales tactics!
4th April 2014, 03:55 PM |#47  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
When the two years are up of the $25 off the access line (10gb or more gets $25off; 8gb and under gets $10 off) does your plan jump up back to the normal pricing?

Also, they mention a phone in working order has to be turned in. Can it be any phone? I have some old basic phones that have been collecting dust in my desk drawer.
Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
4th April 2014, 04:14 PM |#48  
pjim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elir41

When the two years are up of the $25 off the access line (10gb or more gets $25off; 8gb and under gets $10 off) does your plan jump up back to the normal pricing?

Also, they mention a phone in working order has to be turned in. Can it be any phone? I have some old basic phones that have been collecting dust in my desk drawer.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the discount, stands to reason it would cease with the completion of your Edge agreement.

I was made to understand that the phone you started with is the phone they take back, since I didn't have mine, they didn't ask me for anything back.

Your results may vary. I think I just got really lucky.
The Following User Says Thank You to pjim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjim Ad-Free
4th April 2014, 04:28 PM |#49  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim

I'm not sure about the discount, stands to reason it would cease with the completion of your Edge agreement.

I was made to understand that the phone you started with is the phone they take back, since I didn't have mine, they didn't ask me for anything back.

Your results may vary. I think I just got really lucky.

Started with as in your first Verizon phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
4th April 2014, 05:23 PM |#50  
Senior Member
Flag Acworth, GA
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
something like edge but not
I went to my store yesterday and they have a plan like EDGE but its not. pay for the phone over a 12 months of what ever the phone cost no change in plan whats so ever so I pay monthly and still get to keep my unlimited data .
4th April 2014, 06:12 PM |#51  
pjim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elir41

Started with as in your first Verizon phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

As in the phone that you started your calling plan contract with. I was still on a 2 yr. Like if you went in a year ago and signed up, That phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to pjim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjim Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes