[Q] Updating

Search This thread

zXiC

Dec 20, 2013
Once rooted should I disable updates or should I continue to accept Amazon updates?

I'd like to believe the updates will improve the OS but I'm not sure at all if that's actually the case.

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
Once rooted should I disable updates or should I continue to accept Amazon updates?

I'd like to believe the updates will improve the OS but I'm not sure at all if that's actually the case.

If you wish to keep root block updates until such time as more information about the update is known. In other words. Yes

Reactions: zXiC

butman

Feb 10, 2011
How i can disable the updates?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I concur. Firewall does nothing to block updates.

Nope. BUT if you have SS instaled from both stock & working rom slot, it cannot complete the update. That means you reboot into SS & just reflach older bin (complete bin, not the stripped version from Hash) & then flash supersu & update your build.prop to reflect the new version.

arvinchugh

Aug 5, 2007
Nope. BUT if you have SS instaled from both stock & working rom slot, it cannot complete the update. That means you reboot into SS & just reflach older bin (complete bin, not the stripped version from Hash) & then flash supersu & update your build.prop to reflect the new version.

So basically you're saying, if I'm on stock rom and have SS installed and my device gets updated automatically. I can still go back to SS and restore it to older version and get my root access?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you wish to keep root block updates until such time as more information about the update is known. In other words. Yes