[ROM] [OFFICIAL][4.4.2] BLUE LIGHTNING | skyrocket [04-10-14]

Search This thread

err1max1

Feb 9, 2013
Great ROM

I have been running latest ROM for few days and has been working great ... smooth, no issues and video recording working at 720p.
Definitely a solid daily driver. :good:
Thanks for the great work

epexegenesis

Feb 19, 2012
Can someone tell me how bluetooth is working on this ROM?

Seems to be lots of happy users, I just would like to know this before I take the plunge to 4.4.

Thank you.

350Rocket

Dec 11, 2010
I never used Bluetooth but I have read about a lot of Bluetooth streaming issues with cm11.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
I never used Bluetooth but I have read about a lot of Bluetooth streaming issues with cm11.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Try my solution as others have said certain Bluetooth Streaming has worked with it.

1. Install ES File Manager or a file manager that allows root edits of /system files.

2. Go into /system and select build.prop to edit

3. Search for lpa.decode=true

4. Change it to lpa.decode=false and Save

5. Reboot

Hope it works for you!

Reactions: Shodan5150

err1max1

Feb 9, 2013
Can someone tell me how bluetooth is working on this ROM?

I could pair with the Car and make calls ... no problem.
I could also pair with few BT speakers but not all applications worked properly.
I had problems with Apollo but spotify worked fine.
Haven't tried the suggestion above ... maybe that solve all issues.

EDIT 2
I tried to follow instructions on #44 but I can't manage to save lpa.decode=false on build.prop.
I tried with ES FM with root privilege enabled and using Build.Prop provided by ROM Toolkit lite.
Both do not return any error when I save the new value but then if i go back and check the value it's still set to True.
What am I missing?

Last edited:

epexegenesis

Feb 19, 2012
I could also pair with few BT speakers but not all applications worked properly.

EDIT 2
I tried to follow instructions on #44 but I can't manage to save lpa.decode=false on build.prop.
I tried with ES FM with root privilege enabled and using Build.Prop provided by ROM Toolkit lite.
Both do not return any error when I save the new value but then if i go back and check the value it's still set to True.
What am I missing?

Thanks. I've been running CM10.2 for some time and BT will pair with the car most days, but I often still have to reboot to fix it. I'll try this ROM when I get a chance.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013

EDIT 2
What am I missing?

When you are in ES File Manager, click on Root Manager under tools (click to the left of the switch), it should pop up some more options, select Mount R/W and select all three of the options and click ok. Now try editing and saving the file, it worked for me!

Reactions: err1max1

Droid>iOS

Aug 12, 2012
This rom brings new life to my neglected Skyrocket. Everything is so smooth despite the phone's old age. Thank you for this.

dillfever

Apr 1, 2011
north of 49th
Did u clean install or dirty cause I dirty installed and it was terrible, haven't had time to wipe everything.... was hoping I wouldn't.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

twobats1

Dec 8, 2012
Moto G6 Play
Google Pixel 4a
I have used Blue Lightning off and on since it's first release (came from Hellkat), but have lost that Blue Lightning wallpaper as seen in the op. Anyone know where to find it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

-lukin-

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks... will try this on mother in laws Rogers Skyrocket... hope it works! (Or maybe I hope it doesn't work just to stick it to her, muhuhuhahaha)

Last edited:

ferankiansa

Feb 21, 2013
...working great!

Loving the ROM; only issue I had was cell data wasn't working, but a little APN editing, and all good.

Latest version of Xposed Framework... app_process v.50, XposedBridge.jar v.47, no issues; as well as App Settings v 1.8.

Thanks!

Shodan5150

Dec 1, 2006
Anaheim
Super ROM

Hi,
Been using the rom for 2 days now. it's super fast. I fixed the streaming BT thats to earlier posts. I have some questions tho...

1. If I want to flash a radio can I do it anytime with this rom? Since I already have my phone set up, 1) can I just go into TWRP and flash radio and reboot. or 2) IF not can i flash radio, flash nandroid, reboot and restore TI backup. I'm hoping for number 1 here...

2. I see data is not working on the rom. I'm not using data right now but who do I edit the APN when I do decide to get a data plan again?

3. The built in Superuser needs it's binaries updated How do I do this? I did install Superuser from the market but that didn't help. I tried using the recovery flash from the market as well and no go on that either. I was having update popups on all root apps but after all that I now only have 1 issue with Ti Backup giving me the following message:

<Your SD binary version "16 com.koushikdutta.superuser") is functional but might not work reliably on some Android 4.3+ ROM. If you encounter any issues in TX, please try Super instead.>
<Don't show again check box anmd OK button>

So I checked the box and hit OK. Now that sounds like Ti doesnt like Superuser or it still needs an update for the built in ROM. Can I just install Super SU and if so how can I disable the built in Superuser? There is no option to disable it or allow other SuperSU to takes it's place.

4. The OP listed Halo))) as a feature but it's not a built in app. I installed Halo))) from the market and there is no floating icon like in the video. I do get the app notifications tho. It looks like this ROM is not Halo))) ready as listed in the OP. Did I miss something or am I stuck without the cool floating icon?

Thanks for any help from anyone. :cool:

ferankiansa

Feb 21, 2013
1. read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2270071

2. Yes.. simply edit the APNs; you may just need to change the APN type...

3. I have read somewhere in the forum TiBkp "prefers" SuperSu, simply download from the Play store; On install you will need to grant it root access; I advise to keep the option: Respect CM root settings checked. No need to disable the built in Superuser; but there is a menu option # Superuser, and under setting, you can change it to disabled; if its causes issues, you can re-enable Root access under Developer options.

4. Don't do Halo

Shodan5150

Dec 1, 2006
Anaheim
1. read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2270071

2. Yes.. simply edit the APNs; you may just need to change the APN type...

3. I have read somewhere in the forum TiBkp "prefers" SuperSu, simply download from the Play store; On install you will need to grant it root access; I advise to keep the option: Respect CM root settings checked. No need to disable the built in Superuser; but there is a menu option # Superuser, and under setting, you can change it to disabled; if its causes issues, you can re-enable Root access under Developer options.

4. Don't do Halo

Thnks for the link and the info on SuperSU. How do I edit the APN's? Is there a kink detailing that?

Muhff

Mar 10, 2014
Paradise
Moto G Power (2021)
fast charge?

so far everything's good with this rom, although ive only been using it for a day. The blue themes not as severe as i was afraid of lol, only issue im having is i cant find the "force usb fast charge" its normally under "performance" in settings but no luck there.

interkin3tic

Dec 26, 2011
Wifi? Clock

Wifi doesn't seem to be working for me, and neither does the clock (Com.android.deskclock, says I'm on version 3.0.0). Upgraded from CM10.2, updated CWM to do so. It's been a long time since I did anything "under the hood" with my phone, so I don't know how to begin solving that one.

LTE works fine. Can't find any other features that aren't working. I realize these probably aren't due to the specific ROM.

ferankiansa

Feb 21, 2013
Wifi doesn't seem to be working for me, and neither does the clock (Com.android.deskclock, says I'm on version 3.0.0). Upgraded from CM10.2, updated CWM to do so. It's been a long time since I did anything "under the hood" with my phone, so I don't know how to begin solving that one.

LTE works fine. Can't find any other features that aren't working. I realize these probably aren't due to the specific ROM.

Still an issue?
... I have the same clock version; and had no issues with it from the start.
... did you flash a "new" radio
... dirty flash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HellDevs proudly presents

BLUE LIGHTNING!!!

j-I1tHdeD3YiYh9cbGyfrMMb1-SjJfNbDVKRx2KhMCI=w186-h311-p-no
    PlpTu689ZUrsNkQ6rVcxhD-nNUX9EwP-RUiKJP9hmoM=w186-h311-p-no

0jYUuJFXZXAUDlsVv5NvWSdtATm4B9WzHwyQ1bHfG-s=w186-h311-p-no
    -ywRMwYGqCQv424elaYt1bB-2iDSMmFKWEfzElzjrkw=w186-h311-p-no

Blue lightning is a very light and fast CM based ROM with....

+ Halo
    + Dual Settings
    + Tiles Color and Transparency
    + Notification Drawer Color Transparency Options
    + Recents Panel Color Transparency
    + Lockscreen Transparency Blur
    + Modded Trebuchet
    + Large Recents Thumbs
    + Performance Menu
    + LCD Density Changer
    + Init'd Tweaks
    + Build.prop Mods
    + Opticharged everything
    + Lots more

To sum this up it's essentially CM with all of the speed optimizations and goodies we use because we like our ROMs fast!!!

Install instructions

1. Download ROM and gapps to sdcard
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Flash ROM followed by Gapps
    4. Reboot and Enjoy!

Downloads

ALL ROMS ARE FOUND ON HELLDEVS GOO.IM ACCOUNT
    skyrocket

We like simple gapps too so we use the bare minimum art compatible gapps go here.

COOL LINKS
    DEVELOP NOW - Learn how to develop as quickly as possible. 40 page guide to help you learn all of the developer essentials.

Thanks to:

- CyanogenMod for improving greatly upon AOSP
    - Cl3Kener
    - Great developers that we have picked stuff from
    - Anyone else I forgot

Sources:
    https://github.com/Cl3Kener/BlueLightning

Change Log
    CM11 Change Log
    Release - 14.02.28
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.02.20
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.02.12
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.02.02
    + CM Merge
    + TeloRadio
    + HALO Master switch
    + Ram Bar

Release - 14.01.26
    + CM Merge

Want to compile BlueLightning for your device? Follow the instructions posted here It should be a piece of cake if your device is supported by CM.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [OFFICIAL][4.4.2] BLUE LIGHTNING, a ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    ThdDude, Cl3Kener
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x

Version Information

Created 2014-01-26
    Last Updated 2014-04-10
    I saw your speed tweaks and light themeing :D mentioned above. Are there any other main differences between Blue Lightning and stock CM 11?
    And there is your problem @blake .I mayhaps you should do some more research before you brick your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Abandoned already??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I seriously doubt it. Maybe a delay in updates because life got busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last build was 2/12/14 and already think its abandoned :eek:

My threads tend to be quiet
    Quiet threads are generally the signs of a good ROM. Haven't ran this but I have it downloaded and ready to run when I get off this business trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2