Where is Glacial Silver?

Search This thread

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
I have been dying to get this phone, especially because I am waiting to switch to ATT from Sprint to get this phone. I want the Glacial Silver but none of the stores have gotten any stock or know anything about it and the website still only has the Gunmetal. Bestbuy has the silver for ATT as "coming soon" but I have no idea if I should trust best buys website. Anyone heard anything about the silver ATT branded one?

Last edited:

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Im suprised no one has heard anything at all. It seems like the Gunmetal is so popular no one is concerned with the SIlver for the small minority of us who prefer it.

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
I love the gunmetal. I originally wanted the gold, but it looked really cheesy when I saw up close in best buy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
From what Im told....no retail stores will have stock except verizon until the 11th of this month.....so might as well just wait a few more days and see what comes to be...

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Best buy has an AT&T Glacial Silver on the webpage but not available yet to order nor in store.

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
AT&T customer service said 4/25 release of glacial silver for all channels.

How did you get them to tell you this? I have been talked to a couple store managers and a telesales manager and they all have no idea and say they won't know it's coming in until a day or two before it launches which could be months away they seem to think. The 25th is a bit far away but it's better than not knowing at all when it's coming so I hope it's true.

Giuseppe1010

Dec 10, 2010
How did you get them to tell you this? I have been talked to a couple store managers and a telesales manager and they all have no idea and say they won't know it's coming in until a day or two before it launches which could be months away they seem to think. The 25th is a bit far away but it's better than not knowing at all when it's coming so I hope it's true.

I just told her I was planning to port my numbers from Verizon to AT&T and wanted to see if there way any way to get it sooner. She said no. 4/25 is when it will be released on all channels. Who knows if she really had that information but that is what she told me.

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
I just told her I was planning to port my numbers from Verizon to AT&T and wanted to see if there way any way to get it sooner. She said no. 4/25 is when it will be released on all channels. Who knows if she really had that information but that is what she told me.

Was this from Telesales or an in-store rep?

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Telesales. Do you think she knew what she was talking about?

It's hard to say. I saw someone over on androidcentral forums posted ATT reps gave him exact same date, so unless that was you posting over there as well under a different name then 2 different people have been told by ATT it's coming on the 25th. I don't know why some reps have this info and others have literally no idea when it is coming, so your guess is as good as mine at this point.

poison1916

Jun 9, 2010
I just got an email back from an AT&T executive manager in sales planning. They do not have details on the silver M8. This means there is no release date set.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Giuseppe1010

Dec 10, 2010
It's hard to say. I saw someone over on androidcentral forums posted ATT reps gave him exact same date, so unless that was you posting over there as well under a different name then 2 different people have been told by ATT it's coming on the 25th. I don't know why some reps have this info and others have literally no idea when it is coming, so your guess is as good as mine at this point.

That's my post on under my account at androidcentral.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I bought the unlocked glacial si;ver directly from HTC and received it but I started reading posts about how AT&T Visual Voice Mail doesn't work on the unlocked device so I decided to return it. I know I could use Google Voice for Voicemail but I tried it on my current phone and it seems flaky. Plus, I don't want to go back and forth between HTC and AT&T if I have problems with the unlocked device on ATT. I can see ATT blaming the fact that I have an unlocked phone causing any netowrk problems. I don't need that headache. I guess I'll wait for the Silver One on AT&T whenever that may be. I did stop by a corporate store today and the sales rep said there is currently no SIlver One in their system. Nothing we already didn't know.

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
It means there is no information at all. Check with HTC on the status of the FCC approval?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yea there has only been 1 HTC One M8 for ATT gone through and it doesn't specify the color, so since Grey and Gold are both out then that doesn't really give any information. If there isn't any info at all about release does that mean it is pretty far out? Like if it were coming out in the next week there would be some information available? Or is it possible it can just launch without any indication so theoretically it could be out by this Friday or next week sometime?

That's my post on under my account at androidcentral.

That totally crossed my mind when I saw it on both but I hoped it wasn't you since that means it is just slightly more evidence to a specific date. I would definitely take that reps comment with a grain of salt since no one else at ATT seems to have access to any dates, I can't imagine one rep has something that not everyone has access too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just called ATT, now they saying Silver not due till Summer, and gold in the Fall. Hmm...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The president of HTC USA said with certainty that it is planned for a 4/25 in store release on ATT so I'm going to go with that instead of some rep. I personally have been told by a store rep it is coming summer sometime and a phone rep that it was coming 4/25. So I would go with the HTC president and rep who both gave the 25th with confidence and not some store rep who thinks it's coming this summer sometime.
    Went in this morning and picked it up no problem, definitely worth the wait over the gray.

e4uha4a7.jpg

Sorry I don't know why this is so big haha.