4.4.2 Kitkat Wireless Charging BUG

Search This thread

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
Ok so when on 4.4.2 Kitkat I place my phone on the wireless charging pad and it plays a song that can not be stopped and is just looped. Anyone know of a solution? Wireless charging is an essential feature for me and its annoying to not have it work. Thanks.

rsfinsrq

Ok so when on 4.4.2 Kitkat I place my phone on the wireless charging pad and it plays a song that can not be stopped and is just looped. Anyone know of a solution? Wireless charging is an essential feature for me and its annoying to not have it work. Thanks.

May I ask what rom you're running, MLG or NC2? I have heard of this issue on the MLG KitKat leak. Not sue if it got sorted out with the NC2 official release. I was hoping it did as I just ordered the Samsung wireless charging s-view case and charging pad. I believe the work-around on MLG was to turn the sound all the way down while charging (Not much of a work-around) or if rooted, delete the ogg sound file. I would have to scour the MLG leak thread to be sure of these.

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
muha8uzu.jpg

Stock 4.4.2 yeah stumbled across that finally. Super annoying. Hope they fix it soon or hope I can find a more permanent solution

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rsfinsrq

Oh really? How do I get on stock? Just got the phone from a friend. Doesn't look like its rooted or anything

Whoops wrong picture.
y6uhezah.jpg

You are running the MLG leak. You will have to restore back to official MJ5 then upgrade to official NC2. There are threads in the general section. You might want to check the "Fix for KitKat update failing without rooting" thread.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Oh really? How do I get on stock? Just got the phone from a friend. Doesn't look like its rooted or anything

Whoops wrong picture.
y6uhezah.jpg

there was a one click leak and that was it look in the general section for mj5 restore so you can go back to 4.3 then for the thread on how to get the 4.4.2 ota to work if you do the restore the nb4 update will download and install after it the kitkat will download but it wont install because of the restore img is modified but everything you need to do is in the general section

SpikeyPsyche

Mar 3, 2006
Now that is interesting. I've never seen access point settings for ATT that uses ATT Nextgenphone/nxtgenphone before. Can you post a screenshot for the rest of the settings for that access point? I'd like to try it on my phone.

muha8uzu.jpg

Stock 4.4.2 yeah stumbled across that finally. Super annoying. Hope they fix it soon or hope I can find a more permanent solution

Cheeze[iT]

Dec 4, 2008
Dallas, Tx
One of the needed download files on the thread is no longer there. How were you able to restore? I'd like to do it as well.

thx!

I got the files needed from a thread. Even found the OTA update and got everything working. IT was the leaked 4.4.2 kitkat causing the sound loop so thanks to everyone for pointing that out. Let me try and upload the files in my dropbox and ill post the links here for you when I get a chance. GL