HELP! Just flashed Android Revolution 3.4 and now M8 won't turn on!

Search This thread

shaunbeyoung

Dec 8, 2013
Brooklyn
Just flashed Android Revolution HD 3.4 and now my M8 isn't turning on!

No matter how long I hold down the power button!

Won't HBOOT either!

HELP! What the hell do I do?!?!

shaunbeyoung

Dec 8, 2013
Brooklyn
Okay, it's on now, I'm sorry for the panic, but now the startup screen in on and it's been there for a few minutes.

Should I just be patient?

snacksz23

Jul 7, 2014
i think my phone is dead for good

For some people the current recovery crashes at the end. vol up + power seems to work.

First boot, if you wipe user data takes ages, but not as long as stock!

i accidentally flashed android revolution and selected not to wipe user data, which i suppose was wrong as i am coming from stock.. now when i turn my phone (VZW HTC One M8) on it gives me an inescapable group of error dialog boxes which prevents me from getting to (though i can see it behind the error) the initial phone setup. the errors read "Unfortunately, SmartcardService has stopped.", "Unfortunately, HTC Sense Input has stopped.", and "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." The third one never goes away.

apart from this, once my screen shuts off i can't turn it back on, though the device is still powered on.. i can't get to recovery, what next?

i'm quoting you in hopes that you have some idea where i can turn for help here.. thanks a lot

i accidentally flashed android revolution and selected not to wipe user data, which i suppose was wrong as i am coming from stock.. now when i turn my phone (VZW HTC One M8) on it gives me an inescapable group of error dialog boxes which prevents me from getting to (though i can see it behind the error) the initial phone setup. the errors read "Unfortunately, SmartcardService has stopped.", "Unfortunately, HTC Sense Input has stopped.", and "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped." The third one never goes away.

apart from this, once my screen shuts off i can't turn it back on, though the device is still powered on.. i can't get to recovery, what next?

i'm quoting you in hopes that you have some idea where i can turn for help here.. thanks a lot

Try holding volume up + down + power for 20 seconds, or just power for 20 seconds.

Reactions: snacksz23

Bigguss

Oct 29, 2012
Surrey
I had similar trouble with this rom not booting from a fresh install. I would eventually boot but then i kept getting an error when trying to sign in to Google. In the end i gave up and restored my Venom nandroid, Its a shame because i really wanted to try the rom.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Could you tell us how long you waited cuz im kinda having the same problem

You realize you are quoting a post from 4 years ago? Maybe the user will respond . . . or maybe not.

It shouldn't take any more than 5-10 minutes for a phone to boot past the logo screen, after flashing a custom ROM. Any longer than that, and you probably did something wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, it's on now, I'm sorry for the panic, but now the startup screen in on and it's been there for a few minutes.

Should I just be patient?

you still stuck on the HTC logo?

Try holding volume up + down + power for 20 seconds, or just power for 20 seconds.