[APP][2.1+] WhatCrypt - WhatsApp Database Crypt Tool

Search This thread

TripCode

Mar 13, 2014
** Version 2.4 Updated October 2016 **

WhatCrypt - WhatsApp Crypt Tool

WhatCrypt is a decryption and encryption tool for backed up WhatsApp databases.

Usage Examples:

1. Decrypt legacy .crypt and .crypt5-12 files to .db files.
  2. Encrypt .db files to legacy .crypt files.

Original encrypted files will not be moved or deleted. If you get any Decryption Failed messages
then it means that either the encrypted database is corrupt or you have supplied the incorrect
account name or key file. Root access will be required to obtain your crypt key (crypt 6>12) or Android 4.0+.

HOW TO GET YOUR CRYPT KEY NON-ROOT

Download Here: http://whatcrypt.com/com.whatcrypt.apk

Version History

Version 1.0 - Initial release.
Version 1.1 - Added disable minions (sounds) option.
Version 1.2 - Added support for empty or null accounts with crypt5.
Version 1.3 - Added support for crypt6.
Version 1.4 - Added root key copier.
Version 1.5 - Added support for crypt7.
Version 1.6 - Removed minions (sounds).
Version 1.7 - Added decrypt / encrypt progress bar.
Version 1.8 - Added support for crypt8.
Version 1.9 - Fixed crypt8 support on latest WhatsApp version.
Version 2.0 - Added support for crypt9-12.
Version 2.1 - Fixed a bug effecting some decrypts of crypt12.
Version 2.2 - Fixed malformed database issue and added support for Android Marshmallow.
Version 2.3 - Added native root methods and dynamic support for crypt10-12 (variation b).
Version 2.4 - Fixed SU issue, added crypt12 variations E/F and support for Android Nougat.

Copyright / Distribution
This application is the proprietary copyright of whatcrypt.com. In the spirit of education, we have no issues with anyone reverse engineering the apk in private. You are however expressly forbidden from posting any links to decompiled sources or distributing the binary itself or any modified binaries. You may of course share the official download link.

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 60,019
  • sc2.jpg
    sc2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 54,670
  • sc3.jpg
    sc3.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 55,103
  • sc4.jpg
    sc4.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 44,105
Last edited:

hasta_guy

Aug 1, 2011
Kolkata
does it work/??

Does this really work?

WhatCrypt is a decryption and recryption tool for backed up WhatsApp databases.

Usage Examples:

1. Decrypt .crypt and .crypt5 database files and turn them into SQLite files.
  2. Decrypt or Recrypt.crypt5 database files that have not been linked to any account.
  3. Recrypt .crypt5 database files so they can be used on another device / account.
  4. Recrypt .crypt5 database files to .crypt so they can be used on older WhatsApp versions.
  5. Recrypt .crypt database files to .crypt5 so they can be used on newer WhatsApp versions.

All decrypted and recrypted files will be saved in the same directory as the original encrypted
file. Decrypted files will end in .db. Recrypted files will end in re.crypt or re.crypt5. The
original encrypted files will not be moved or deleted. If you get any Decryption Failed messages
then it means that either the encrypted database is corrupt or you have supplied the incorrect
account name.

Download Here: http://whatsapp.livetrack.mobi/com.whatcrypt.apk

hasta_guy

Aug 1, 2011
Kolkata
This looks like a crap which wont work and is only designed to collect user database...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396772674253.jpg
    1396772674253.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 8,154

Pumpernickel1

Apr 6, 2014
It works absolutely fine!
->"WhatCrypt Settings" -> locate the .crypt5 file -> type in your gmail account-> Save settings-> Back to Main Menu->Recrypt Whatsapp Database->Put in your gmail address again-> remove the hook from crypt5-> Recrypt Whatsapp Database-> WAIT a minute.

This will create a normal crypt file, which can be used in whatsapp xtract just like before!

ursnava

Sep 29, 2013
It works absolutely fine!
->"WhatCrypt Settings" -> locate the .crypt5 file -> type in your gmail account-> Save settings-> Back to Main Menu->Recrypt Whatsapp Database->Put in your gmail address again-> remove the hook from crypt5-> Recrypt Whatsapp Database-> WAIT a minute.

This will create a normal crypt file, which can be used in whatsapp xtract just like before!

It doesnt nw..the key might hav changed or the dechipher no longer works..searchin for somethin tht cud break the code..

Pumpernickel1

Apr 6, 2014
It doesnt nw..the key might hav changed or the dechipher no longer works..searchin for somethin tht cud break the code..

Decrypt doesn't work for me either but RECRYPT from .crypt5 to .crypt definitly works still fine!
Just tried with newest Whatsapp availabe and newest Backup file.
Recrypting will create "msgstore.db.re.crypt". Of course this has to renamed to "msgstore.db.crypt" before you can use "Whatsap Xtract".

hasta_guy

Aug 1, 2011
Kolkata
Decrypt doesn't work for me either but RECRYPT from .crypt5 to .crypt definitly works still fine!
Just tried with newest Whatsapp availabe and newest Backup file.
Recrypting will create "msgstore.db.re.crypt". Of course this has to renamed to "msgstore.db.crypt" before you can use "Whatsap Xtract".

Its a crap. there is a better app which recrypts. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fireblade.whatsappconverter
Can any one recommend any app which can convert my old backup file of db.crypt to the new backup file db.crypt5 so that i can import old data. :(

iaakash

Sep 10, 2012
Delhi
Its not working even after entering correct gmail account

Its not working even after entering correct gmail account. Its not decryting the database.
What should be done now.

ombheembush

Feb 13, 2008
Whatsapp introduced .crypt6 files in the latest version from their website and I am not able to convert them to.crypt using the tool. Any insight into crypt6?

Reactions: zizon65

resitm

Jun 20, 2012
The app has been updated to support crypt6. Root access will be required to obtain your crypt6 key.

thanks for the application. i was able to obtain a decrypted file of the database, file extension was .db
i want to use this file with smsbackup+ to backup whatsapp chats in my gmail.
smsbackup+ does not recognive the newly created file. do you know how i can solve this?

smsbackup+ was backing up after i converted the crypt5 file with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fireblade.whatsappconverter

TripCode

Mar 13, 2014
thanks for the application. i was able to obtain a decrypted file of the database, file extension was .db
i want to use this file with smsbackup+ to backup whatsapp chats in my gmail.
smsbackup+ does not recognive the newly created file. do you know how i can solve this?

smsbackup+ was backing up after i converted the crypt5 file with this app

Crossposting links in multiple threads puts you in danger of becoming a spam whore. I advise you not to do it. If you would like to promote an app then I would advise you to link to it in your signature instead of cluttering up the forums. If the app that you are promoting works for you then I fail to see any constructive purpose of your post. In anycase, sms backup+ is open source so why not just use a fork that contains support for crypt 5? However, it must be noted that the switch to crypt6 is imminent and that crypt5 will soon be yesterdays news.

resitm

Jun 20, 2012
Crossposting links in multiple threads puts you in danger of becoming a spam whore. I advise you not to do it. If you would like to promote an app then I would advise you to link to it in your signature instead of cluttering up the forums. If the app that you are promoting works for you then I fail to see any constructive purpose of your post. In anycase, sms backup+ is open source so why not just use a fork that contains support for crypt 5? However, it must be noted that the switch to crypt6 is imminent and that crypt5 will soon be yesterdays news.

I like the danger of becoming a spam whore, let me worry about me.
The whatsapp i use has the crypt6 file, i just said that the pther app was working with the crypt5. Not promoting or any other b.s
I posted in 2 locations so more people would see it, seeing how this thread is not moving.

TripCode

Mar 13, 2014
I like the danger of becoming a spam whore, let me worry about me.
The whatsapp i use has the crypt6 file, i just said that the pther app was working with the crypt5. Not promoting or any other b.s
I posted in 2 locations so more people would see it, seeing how this thread is not moving.

My appologies if you weren't spamming. Have you verified that you can open the db file in a sqlite browser? Also, I thought sms plus dealt with the old .crypt files so what you may need to do is use the Recrypt option to convert crypt6 to crypt and then rename the recrypted msgstore.db.re.crypt to msgstore.db.crypt so that it can be read by sms plus. Let me know how you get on.

TripCode

Mar 13, 2014
how to get Crypt6 key from android phone.
please tell me brifly.
give the full path so i can find crypt6 key.

The key file is located in "/data/data/com.whatsapp/files/key" You can obtain it with root or possibly with a usb backup solution such as Helium. It should be noted that the beta builds of WhatsApp use a rolling encryption mechanism which means that the cipher key changes periodically. As far as I can tell WhatsApp doesn't even read the cipher key from the key file, but instead calls a remote hashing algorithm on their server which is based on other parameters stored in this file. It's likely that in the next stable release the cipher key may not even be present on the device. In which case the only way to obtain the current cipher will be to patch the WhatsApp apk. I have already developed a patch tool that is called WhatPatch that can achieve this, though I'll be watching this space with everyone else before I decide if it's worth releasing or not.

TripCode

Mar 13, 2014
Says Crypt 6 key not found even though it says the Key copied successfully in the settings page; in reality the crypt6.key is not copied to the directory.

Was the app granted root? Failing that if you have root then just copy "/data/data/com.whatsapp/files/key" to "sdcard/WhatsApp/crypt6.key" manually. The copy feature works on several of my own devices, but has not yet been exstensively tested. Please also ensure that the path to the key is correct in settings.

EDIT: The app has been updated. Specifically concerning the root key copying mechanism. It is busybox aware and the event handling of any errors is more precise. I.E. If the user has a version of WhatsApp installed that does not yet support crypt6 it will respond with "Cannot copy a non-existent key!".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** Version 2.4 Updated October 2016 **

WhatCrypt is a decryption and encryption tool for backed up WhatsApp databases.

Usage Examples:

1. Decrypt legacy .crypt and .crypt5-12 files to .db files.
    2. Encrypt .db files to legacy .crypt files.

Original encrypted files will not be moved or deleted. If you get any Decryption Failed messages
    account name or key file. Root access will be required to obtain your crypt key (crypt 6>12) or Android 4.0+.

HOW TO GET YOUR CRYPT KEY NON-ROOT

Download Here: http://whatcrypt.com/com.whatcrypt.apk

Version History

Version 1.0 - Initial release.
    Version 1.1 - Added disable minions (sounds) option.
    Version 1.2 - Added support for empty or null accounts with crypt5.
    Version 1.3 - Added support for crypt6.
    Version 1.4 - Added root key copier.
    Version 1.5 - Added support for crypt7.
    Version 1.6 - Removed minions (sounds).
    Version 1.7 - Added decrypt / encrypt progress bar.
    Version 1.8 - Added support for crypt8.
    Version 1.9 - Fixed crypt8 support on latest WhatsApp version.
    Version 2.0 - Added support for crypt9-12.
    Version 2.1 - Fixed a bug effecting some decrypts of crypt12.
    Version 2.2 - Fixed malformed database issue and added support for Android Marshmallow.
    Version 2.3 - Added native root methods and dynamic support for crypt10-12 (variation b).
    Version 2.4 - Fixed SU issue, added crypt12 variations E/F and support for Android Nougat.

Copyright / Distribution
    This application is the proprietary copyright of whatcrypt.com. In the spirit of education, we have no issues with anyone reverse engineering the apk in private. You are however expressly forbidden from posting any links to decompiled sources or distributing the binary itself or any modified binaries. You may of course share the official download link.
    Added support for crypt8.
    I will endeavour to get this app updated when I get home (I'm currently away). The whatcrypt website has already been updated and supports the latest crypt methods.
    I would like to know more info about the whatcrypt website, because it does not provides any info about how it handles with the sent data (the key and the database). The uploaded files expires after some time? And it is normal for the decrypt process to take a long time to complete?

We did have a privacy link, but it got removed during an update. I have put it back.

Basically:

"All uploaded databases are processed on-the-fly in server memory. We do not retain any private or personal information from your uploads. Since april 2014 we have successfully decrypted 1,109,033 databases and have consumed a total of 721.85 gb in bandwidth.

If you are able to download our WhatCrypt App then we strongly encourage you to do so. It saves resources and cures paranoia!!"

The successful decryption count, bandwidth statistics and cipher keys are the only info we keep. If in doubt, use the app! :)

The service is normally quite quick, but can slow down during busy periods.

I prefer an offline app or manually decrypting like I used to do previous versions.

There is an offline app. The offline app requires absolutely no internet connectivity to function.
    Updated Version 2.2: Fixed malformed database issue and added support for Android Marshmallow. Download Here