Wifi dropping on custom roms

Search This thread

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City
I have a problem with custom roms, I have the SGY Duos.. with customs roms, my wifi randomly disconnects or drops. though it says it is connected there are no internet data coming, I cant browse, youtube or whatever. i have to toggle the wifi off then on again just to get the internet working again but it is annoying, sometimes it drops in the middle of my downloads or while watching videos. I don't have this problem when I am using stock rom, wifi works perfectly on stock.. Any Ideas how to fix this or what is causing the problem? I really like custom roms but I cant tolerate the wifi problems :(

(the only customs I only tried so far are XDuos by Kenjboy and EvoX 2.1 by b16h22 though it is less on EvoX but the problem still persist. I also use Compact Kernel v1.2.6)

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
make sure wifi sleep is disabled in wifi advanced settings

goto wifi settings
press menu button on phone
select advanced
find wifi sleep policy
set to never

if that doesnt work its a problem with your rom/kernel if it works fine on stock rom

Reactions: TaylorDahmer

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City

goto wifi settings
select advanced
find wifi sleep policy
set to never

if that doesnt work its a problem with your rom/kernel if it works fine on stock rom

Tried that already. it somewhat works, helped minimize the problem.. but still persist :(
I think I'll just try another custom rom.. thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

goto wifi settings
    select advanced
    find wifi sleep policy
    set to never

Tried that already. it somewhat works, helped minimize the problem.. but still persist :(
    I think I'll just try another custom rom.. thank you

you may have a wifi script in etc/init.d or a build.prop entry that is causing it then