By pettigrew95, Senior Member on 3rd April 2014, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2014, 06:01 AM |#61  
Known Scammer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 9,259

Donate to Me
More
They wouldn't let me edge up due to my account spending limit even tho I paid off half my m7 verizon is screwing me constantly lately

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

5th April 2014, 10:21 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 333

More
I had two lines of service with them that totaled $105 per month. One of them had an ETF of $270 and the other an ETF of $310 for a total of $580. I added two lines to take advantage of the BOGO. My total cost for 2 new HTC Ones was $216 including tax plus I got an LG Gpad 8.3 LTE for $54 including tax for a total of $270. My monthly service charges are $105 (same as my first 2 lines). I sold one of my new HTC Ones for $590 on swappa and cancelled the first 2 lines and paying the ETFs with the money I got from that sale. In my next billing cycle I'll be getting a $200 bill credit for having opened up 2 new lines so that credit offsets my initial cost of the 2 new Ones. Additionally when I installed the Isis app I got $40 deposited into that account by Verizon which practically covers the cost of my new tablet.

In short I got a new HTC One and a new LG Gpad 8.3 LTE for a total of $25. Only difference is I have new phone numbers but I don't really care because I use Google Voice anyway.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Moral of the story is that Edge was not a good option for me but there is so many variables it may be for some.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th April 2014, 03:09 PM |#63  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 405

More
What is the early termination fee if I do edge?
6th April 2014, 05:29 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Anyone on the edge program, do you have an employer discount parallel to the credit? I'm wondering if this will be possible.

I'm currently getting 22% employee discount on the data plan only. So for the 6gb share ($80) I get about $19 off. I'm just wondering if they will do the $25 credit with the discount...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
6th April 2014, 06:26 PM |#65  
Known Scammer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 9,259

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

What is the early termination fee if I do edge?

350$ per line so I'm told

6th April 2014, 06:52 PM |#66  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,487

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz

350$ per line so I'm told

There is no more Early Termination Fee if you use Edge. It's the balance on the Edge Installment Agreements that is left at the time of cancelling the line, or removing the device from the account.
6th April 2014, 09:10 PM |#67  
Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,000

Donate to Me
More
I just migrated to Edge to on the m8 too. Like the others have stated with the 10GB shared data plan it actually is $0.01 cheaper a month for my line.

I wonder if we are allowed to unlock our bootloaders (S-OFF) under edge?
6th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Why wouldn't employee discount apply with the Edge program? It is completely separate. On my account, I have a family share plan with 25% off on 10 GB of data so that goes down from $100 to $75. One of the 3 phones is on the Edge plan and will get the $25 off for that phone ($40-25 + $24.99 for the cost of phone monthly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by myn

I just migrated to Edge to on the m8 too. Like the others have stated with the 10GB shared data plan it actually is $0.01 cheaper a month for my line.

I wonder if we are allowed to unlock our bootloaders (S-OFF) under edge?

Of course you aren't officially allowed, but there is no reason not to. With S-Off you can easily remove any tampering notifications and put it back to S-On before turning it in.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrcbandit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrcbandit Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)