[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6800/p6810/i815(6Jan2015-BT patch2)SlimKat build 8.20 Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Root access doesn't seem to be in the new Rom. Is there a quick way to add it via clockwork mod? Something I can flash?

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Root access doesn't seem to be in the new Rom. Is there a quick way to add it via clockwork mod? Something I can flash?

Slimkat is already rooted (with koush, same as cm11).
If in any case su prompt doesn't show (usually from a dirty flash), go to the developer option menu:
Settings > Developer Options
Change root access to App and ADB (you can change back). This is to activate the superuser permission.
Then reboot.

Good luck!

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks Daniel. Seems to be running fine on i815

Sent from my SCH-I815 using XDA Premium HD app

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks, I have gotten root access working again.

Coming from Android 4.1.2 with no profile support (I am guessing it's the profile), how can I access the old internal sdcard0 area. In clockwork mod, I can see this sdcard0 data, which is where I have the slimkat Rom installer and gapps installer, but when i boot the rom i am getting a virtualized sdcard0, pointing to a folder 0 i think, which is a subfolder of the old /sdcard0. I wanted to access my old data as well as clean it up.

Edit:
Never mind, I found the old sdcard0 data under /data/media, and the new sdcard under /data/meda/0.

Last edited:

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
A slight bug, the wifi connection seems to stall sometimes (especially notice this as I am restoring games that have 500mb+ data to download), and then after a little bit it works again.

Anyone else seen this bug?

Edit:
I found its a little better behaved if I turn off the setting to conserve battery while wifi is on, in the wifi settings area.

Last edited:

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
Cannot thank you enough for keeping our device alive!

Question please, is the microphone fix that is implemented in your CM11 implemented in this ROM too?

insomnia

Feb 16, 2006
Chula Vista
I installed this on my sch-i815 and did a data and cache wipe. Everything looks good except my device reboot randomly. This happens even if I am running the latest omni rom. I could be doing anything , in the browser, settings etc there is a 2 to 3 second pause and bam i reboots.

I would say in the 3 hours I was playing with this ROM it rebooted at least 8 times.

Anyway to fix or address this ?

Thanks for your great work.

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Cannot thank you enough for keeping our device alive!

Question please, is the microphone fix that is implemented in your CM11 implemented in this ROM too?

Yeah, same codes are shared but don't know if it work...:cyclops:

I installed this on my sch-i815 and did a data and cache wipe. Everything looks good except my device reboot randomly. This happens even if I am running the latest omni rom. I could be doing anything , in the browser, settings etc there is a 2 to 3 second pause and bam i reboots.

I would say in the 3 hours I was playing with this ROM it rebooted at least 8 times.

Anyway to fix or address this ?

Thanks for your great work.

I have put a new ril lib to test the Mobile data (since last omni). It might cause the random reboot.
That's why I need to get an i815 which has more hardware difference...

In the mean time, I'll revert the ril blob in the next build.

Thanks Daniel. Seems to be running fine on i815

Hi, did you get random reboot as @insomnia?

Last edited:

insomnia

Feb 16, 2006
Chula Vista
Daniel : any log or information I can provide to help you track the reboot issue ?

I do not have mobile service, and I even tried disabling mobile data but it still reboots.

Thanks

Yeah, same codes are shared but don't know if it work...:cyclops:

I have put a new ril lib to test the Mobile data (since last omni). It might cause the random reboot.
That's why I need to get an i815 which has more hardware difference...

In the mean time, I'll revert the ril blob in the next build.

Hi, did you get random reboot as @insomnia?

kevin613

Sep 18, 2009
Just flashed in SlimKat 4.1 and got the latest GApps AIO package from SlimKat site, noticed the following issues:

1. Google Play doesn't show up. While other Gapps seems to be installed, but none works because Google Play is not there.
2. Screen Rotation is erractic.
3. Camera doesnt work.
4. Notification pulldown works(Top left), but am not able to pulldown the status bar(Top Right), when i lay my finger on the top right of the screen, the bar will show up, but just unable to pull it down.

Pretty sure its something that i did wrong, but need help to point it out.
was using erobot 4.2 previously, and Using CWM 6.0.4.5,
i copied the SlimKat4.1 zip and GApps.zip into my sdcard,
wiped user data/Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, Wiped Dalvik Cache
Install the SlimKat 4.1 zip, and wiped all again, then reboot to CWM.
Install the GApps.zip, and wiped all again, then reboot to system normally.

any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Reactions: daniel_hk

sas_sas

Sep 13, 2007
İzmir
Just flashed in SlimKat 4.1 and got the latest GApps AIO package from SlimKat site, noticed the following issues:

1. Google Play doesn't show up. While other Gapps seems to be installed, but none works because Google Play is not there.
2. Screen Rotation is erractic.
3. Camera doesnt work.
4. Notification pulldown works(Top left), but am not able to pulldown the status bar(Top Right), when i lay my finger on the top right of the screen, the bar will show up, but just unable to pull it down.

Pretty sure its something that i did wrong, but need help to point it out.
was using erobot 4.2 previously, and Using CWM 6.0.4.5,
i copied the SlimKat4.1 zip and GApps.zip into my sdcard,
wiped user data/Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, Wiped Dalvik Cache
Install the SlimKat 4.1 zip, and wiped all again, then reboot to CWM.
Install the GApps.zip, and wiped all again, then reboot to system normally.

any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Thank you Daniel.

Flashed yesterday,
I disagree with above issues except nr 3.
I have only GPS (not working) and Camera trouble. Front and back camera are not seeing anything, fully black..
I wonder if, I install, another camera app can work out...

Last edited:

ngoonee

Jun 21, 2011
Regarding the camera, mine just shows black but opening the Camera through my smartwatch shows me the image (both on smartwatch and on the phone) so I conclude that its a problem with the apk and not the camera code.

Just use a third-party camera.

stenny

Nov 15, 2008
Anyone facing network issue? I am having unrecoverable network signal lost every time, have to reboot in order to recover it, anyone?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Silver-7

Apr 7, 2010
Anyone facing network issue? I am having unrecoverable network signal lost every time, have to reboot in order to recover it, anyone?

+1 , but I couldn't recover it even after reboot. It worked just first time.

Also had some freezes and had to force reset.

robt2379

May 18, 2006
Southampton
Hi all

I'm trying this on my P6810 and its working really nicely, no reboot issues and all very smooth. The only glitches I'm having are

the clock app wont run, just says it has stopped (clocks do that sometimes!) and
when streaming bluetooth the volume control is controlling media volume and not bluetooth volume.

Otherwise its great and thanks to the developers for their hard work. Love my P6810, nothing else of this quality build on the market and still very useable.

Lt.col.johncross

Sep 26, 2012
bids on sch i815

found two for sale here in the states. one is buy now 75 broke glass - i sent an offer for 50 - waiting
The other is for auction on ebay - nothing broke but no bids or min so i put in 50 there also. five days for that auction.
I am sure you will post if you get one although I would not care if i was to get a working one for 50. Don't really need a third tab but who could complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

SlimKat was one of the first few released right after the Official Kitkat released. As its name implied, it has the smallest footprint and yet it has some of the cool stuff. I plan to port it for a long time. Although there are still issues in my Kitkat roms, I want to add this to our list. Enjoy!
    *** Slimrom is rooted, in any case if root is lost, follow this ***
    *** To disable media scanning: Settings > Advanced Options ***

Release Note:
    2015/1/6
    New bluetooth patch can't turn off.Flash this View attachment bluetooth-patch2.zip in recovery will fix it. Gool luck!

2014/12/30
    New bluez doesn't work on 4.4.4. A patch is needed. If bluetooth is not working, flash this View attachment 3089546 in recovery. Gool luck!

2014/12/15
    No more update now so this is the final release. Slimkat 8.20. Enjoy :D

2014/10/10
    It is the outraging and encouraging monment for Hong Kong. The protest for democracy is ongoing. Difficulties show what men are!
    I returned home for changing and refreshing. It's been too long for an update and Slim is now 8.4.

2014/8/16
    Slim is now 7.2.1. In this build, I add the performance settings to advance settings. In GPU settings, a new option Mali_use_vpll is added. This enables the frequency lock of mali and is the way to add frequency steps. Stock is disabled. Turn it off will return to stock values.
    goo.im takes a few minutes to show and I can't display the files in AFH. I don't know why hosts always give me hard time... :(
     History

2014/7/8
    Just before the WC Semi-final, I updated SlimKat to 4.4.4r1. Haven't test much but SlimKat behaves slim and stable as always. ;)

2014/5/16
    Slimrom is persistance. I was thinking about 4.4.3 but seems a bit too far.. Slimkat is version 5.1 now!
    In this build, I fixed the Dashclock from Slim. I mainly worked on the missing pieces of i815. Light sensor is fixed. i815 can enjoy auto-brightness now! Working on mobiledata but with little progess.. IR is enabled in kernel. Can't find any material for IR support in platform but Smart IR Remote is working. Smart IR Remote is a great app. It deserve a few dollars!
    Guess what? IR works for p6800 and most likely p6810 too! :laugh: I remove the cover of my p6800 and IR works perfectly with Smart IR Remote. I can control my TV... :victory:
    Anyone have guts can remove the cover and drill a hole at the right center edge...
    Note: Not every p68x0 has the sensor. Open the cover with screen facing down. If you see a board with a tiny led (that's the sensor) at the center of left edge, congrat you got the sensor!

2014/4/25
    This Slimkat 4.6 would be probably the last one from Slim. HWA for openGL is enabled. Camera and Maps are working now. DeskClock widget FC is fixed by porting from Omni.

2014/4/4
    That was a productive week. After a few sleepless night trials, the rotation flickering is fixed! :victory: There was actually two issues. Rotation on some apks like the browser cause screen deformation is another. Digging through tens of files, I finally fixed it! Slim is now 4.1. Just like other Kitkat ROMs, it is almost come to an end. I'm glad to say: All the major issues are gone now! :highfive:

2014/3/1
    Bluez may take some time to become stable. PA is in beta6 not complete yet. PAC has beta now but not allow to publish. This weekend, I prepare the device trees for SlimKat. They have done a good jod, everything is ready in an hour. Just patched a few things like WiFi and telephony and the rom is out! :laugh:
    AFH may take longer to upload...

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    Official Slim [URL="http://www.slimroms.net/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/12/15[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 8.20 source
      - Polish the PerformanceControl and include tools
      - Fix superuser not enabled at start
      - Major bluetooth update from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/10/10[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 8.4 source
      - Fixes and improvements in the performance settings
      - bluetooth update from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/8/16[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 7.2.1 source
      - Android 4.4.4r2 KTU84Q
      - add performance settings in advance settings
      - bluetooth update from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/7/8[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 6.2 source
      - Android 4.4.4r1 KTU84P
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/5/16[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 5.1 source
      - i815: light sensor fixed
      - IR kernel driver fixed. Support apks with direct access (eg. Smart IR Remote)
      - DashClock widget from Slim is fixed
      - Bluetooth update from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/25[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 4.6 source
      - HWA for OpenGL is enabled
      - Bluetooth update from Bluez
      - Lockscreen rotation fixed
      - Clock widget FC fixed
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/4[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 4.1 source
      - Rotation issues are fixed
      - New slim recent menu
      - Screencapture also fixed
      - Bluetooth headset is working now
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/3/1[/COLOR]
      - Latest SlimKat build 3.2 source
      - Android 4.4.2r2 KVT49L
      - Initial release
      - Rooted

Know issues: :(
    1. Few apks (eg. Browser) would distort after rotation
    2. HDMI dongle not working.
    3. mobiledata for i815 not working

Downloads: :highfive:
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/slimrom
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12535
    mirror: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjHFbqP#dir/path=/slimrom

Slim gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4

Recovery requirement
    ** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
    Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
    github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The SlimROM team who keeps many old devices alive!
    ** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Slimkat is already rooted (with koush, same as cm11).
    If in any case su prompt doesn't show (usually from a dirty flash), go to the developer option menu:
    Settings > Developer Options
    Change root access to App and ADB (you can change back). This is to activate the superuser permission.
    Then reboot.

Good luck!
    1. Looked in language and input under settings and chose the android keyboard - no voice typing option available.
    2. Installed Google voice search per internet search - still no voice typing option under keyboard settings.
    3. Installed Google keyboard and no option there for voice typing either.
    4 Tried Google search - small window opened said go to wiki - browser opened and it went to wiki.
    5. So still no mic on keyboard.
    6. Tried holding down settings button to see if another choice would appear for a mic - not.
    7. My understanding is the Voice typing option would need to be selected first - but I have no Voice typing option so I am lost.

Usually this would be something I could solve with some surfing but I can't so I was wondering if this ROM could be the reason?
    If not could anybody help solve this it would be great!

Just check my new slim build. Voice search and input is ok. I'll try to relase the new slim this weekend. :)

Make sure wifi is connected. Voice input requires to connect togoogle server.
    If nothing helps, you may try a factory rest. Some data might be corrupted.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Installed 5.1 0516

Screen tearing is still there. Is this fix in your plan Daniel?
    CPU UV/OC support seems missing from CPU tuner. Slimkat changed this?

Again, great work Daniel. Appreciate it a lot.

To be honest, I really don't know what you meant by tearing. Something about scrolling? but I try a lot of scrolling. Didn't observe any apparent abnormality.
    May be a bit laggy right after boot. Background process are still running.
    eg. account login, fstrim, media scan (which can be disabled in advance settings), etc

If you want to report something, you need to let me know what it is. Treat me like your grannie. :D
    Take a video and explain as detail as possible. Test it before install/restore any app. And next time state which model you have...

I haven't changed OV/UV for a long long time. Just checked, still there. Clear your app data or try others.
    Occasionally clean up or better still format your /data is a good habit. Fragments or lost data might grow as time passes.

To all,
    I want to answer every question. But if it is already stated in posts, I rather let you find out yourself instead of repeating again and again...
    Read the posts first, someone might have already spent time sharing his experience. Most of the time, you would get your answer. ;)

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Ths for the great efforts you made...
    Just flashed. All looks fine.
    Just İ did not find the way of installing of Google Maps..

Media server or storage is increadably draining battery...

Google Maps?! Obviously, you can get it from Play, right? :cyclops:

Media scanning will be done at boot. Depends on how much data is in your SD(internal and/or external). If they are quite full, the first time would take much longer to scan. Tab might respond laggy and consume power. After the first scan, it would not be noticible. That is the way new Android behave. You may disable it.

Hi Daniel. Installed your latest build 4.6. I found that the graphic is not smooth when scrolling. I just want to confirm that this is a known issue.

Thanks.

If it is right after the first boot, It might be the media scanning mentioned above.
    Haven't touch graphic part for a few months. :cyclops: