[APP][2.3+] Lux Auto Brightness

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2014, 09:32 AM |#1271  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Recently purchased this and I am having a slight issue. Battery drains pretty quickly, so I loaded up wakelock detector and found Lux is waking the CPU every three seconds. In a 13 hour period it's awoken the CPU 2400~ times - and it's pretty consistent even after resetting the app and rebooting the phone.

This is on an LG F3 (Virgin Mobile), which has no ambient light sensor. I have it use the front camera instead (which works really well, by the way).

Any ideas are welcome! I did submit feedback through the app regarding this, but can't quite remember what I said.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-mart Shopper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K-mart Shopper Ad-Free

7th April 2014, 10:36 AM |#1272  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-mart Shopper

Recently purchased this and I am having a slight issue. Battery drains pretty quickly, so I loaded up wakelock detector and found Lux is waking the CPU every three seconds. In a 13 hour period it's awoken the CPU 2400~ times - and it's pretty consistent even after resetting the app and rebooting the phone.

This is on an LG F3 (Virgin Mobile), which has no ambient light sensor. I have it use the front camera instead (which works really well, by the way).

Any ideas are welcome! I did submit feedback through the app regarding this, but can't quite remember what I said.

I am with your settings and for me it saves lots of battery. I use the subzero -50 at 1luma I can post my exact profiles if you want to try them out.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th April 2014, 01:36 PM |#1273  
Flag Inowrocław, Toruń
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I found an issue with Nexus 5 plugin. When the screen gets auto dimmed and then when I touch the screen, the screen goes at high brightness and dynamic brightness doesn't work until I open the app and it refresh the lux value.

_____
Nexus 5 & SwiftKey_
7th April 2014, 05:51 PM |#1274  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Nexus 5 Plug-in for Lux Released

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....plugin.nexus5

How does this work w/color settings from other kernels? Will this conflict?
7th April 2014, 06:38 PM |#1275  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-mart Shopper

I just checked wakelock detector and I am experiencing the same problem - numerous CPU wakelocks (200 in one hour) and high battery drain. I'm going to have to uninstall until this is addressed, which is a shame. (I have the Lux Gnex plugin installed as well)

~~~
Device: Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
ROM: CarbonRom Nightly 3/28 (4.4.2)
Kernel: Franco r395 (4.4.2)
GApps: BaNkS Core GApps 2/11 (4.4.2)
Theme: BlackedOut Black CM10 Theme X
Launcher: Nova Launcher Prime
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
8th April 2014, 12:39 AM |#1276  
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuChar_

I found an issue with Nexus 5 plugin. When the screen gets auto dimmed and then when I touch the screen, the screen goes at high brightness and dynamic brightness doesn't work until I open the app and it refresh the lux value.

_____
Nexus 5 & SwiftKey_

Happens to me too, except the screen stays dark for 20 seconds instead of getting bright.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th April 2014, 01:57 PM |#1277  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Just been trying out the LIte version of this app. It seems to be working fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, but on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet I am not sure that it is.

The dashboard on the phone shows 38% 8lx when on my desk, and when I cover the camera this changes to 4% 0lx.

The tablet (sat next to the phone on my desk) shows 100% 63lx, and when I cover the camera this changes to 100% 0lx.

Even if the lx should be different due to different sensors etc, shouldn't the brightness change when covered on the tablet? The notification on the tablet shows "Backlight: (Max) 100%" and therefore does not indicate Sleeping mode.

Running Debug (from Advanced Settngs) does show that the sensor is working. Uncovered it shows 94.696, covered it shows 0.

Have I just got something wrong in my Settings for Lux? I am not aware of having changed anything differently on the tablet. Or does Lux just not like running on this tablet?

I am really keen to see if this works, as then I will buy the full version to get automatic night mode working, so that late night reading on the tablet might not affect my sleep.
11th April 2014, 03:51 AM |#1278  
Account currently disabled
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 524

More
I have Lux set up to adjust dynamically, auto profile, automatic night mode. But when I turn the phone on night mode isn't enabled until I open the app. How can I fix this? Thanks

Edit: Seems the issue is with the Nexus 5 plug-in
11th April 2014, 06:40 PM |#1279  
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 246

More
I used Display brightness for at least an year, Lux for about 2 month, then I used Gravity Box brightness settings, and after all those I am back to default android AUTO settings... I think its the best - Low memory/battery and great working !
11th April 2014, 11:20 PM |#1280  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraynt

For some reason my screen constantly has the yellow tint, regardless if it night time or not. I have enabled auto night time mode and the day time temperature set to 6500K. is this a know issue/side effect?

Any update on this? Ive kept lux frozen for the last few weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 11:45 AM |#1281  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Running a G-Nex and the toast notifications for low memory were getting quite annoying. Was able to rest them by downloading an xposed module "untoaster" or something like that. Input com.vito.lux and the message itself and seems to have suppressed them quite well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to AutomaticFailure27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AutomaticFailure27 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)