[Recovery]5.0.1 Google Play Edition Stock Recovery + Bootloader + Firmware

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Thanks to @pasker17 this wouldn't have been possible without him and his device!

Stock Recovery(Unlocked bootloader required. S-off not needed)
To flash boot into fastboot (either by adb reboot bootloader or holding down volume down and power when device is off) and run the command
fastboot flash recovery recoverygpe.img

GPE Bootloader & Splash Screen (to be flashed in RUU Mode S-off required)
To flash boot into fastboot (either by adb reboot bootloader or holding down volume down and power when device is off) and run the command
Once in bootloader type fastboot oem RebootRUU once at the HTC logo screen (RUU Mode) run
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip

All files can be downloaded from my website http://www.graffixnyc.com/m8.php

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

Last edited:

WreckTangle

Sep 24, 2013
I assume flashing this bootloader on normal m8 will result in GE dark bootloader?

Sent from my Viper One

Reactions: nebsa

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
graffixnyc,sent you a general question via pm if you get a minute :)

Random Pinenut Joy

Jul 19, 2012
Nimbin, NSW, Australia
Will this work on my M8?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.21331831.A05G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.22.980.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B65000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 0a41237a
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
----------------------------------------------------------------
Viper OneM8 + ElementX

Last edited:

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks to @pasker17 this wouldn't have been possible without him and his device!

Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584495
Mirror: http://d-h.st/nMe

Once in bootloader type fastboot oem RebootRUU once at the HTC logo screen (RUU Mode) run

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Installed the gpe recovery, adb said installed ok. If I boot into bootloader then recovery I get the dead android icon which stays on screen for 1 minute then the phone reboots

Secondly the command to fastboot oem RebootRUU gives

ERR command error?

Phone is unlocked, Rooted, S-off and Super CID

Last edited:

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
Installed the gpe recovery although no recovery is showing after installing even though it said success.

Secondly the command to fastboot oem RebootRUU gives

ERR command error?

Phone is unlocked, Rooted, S-off and Super CID

the stock recovery requires a button press to show once the android is on ur screen, i think its vol up+pwr or vol dwn+pwr
also the command is fastboot oem rebootRUU it is case specific.

Reactions: grentuu

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
the stock recovery requires a button press to show once the android is on ur screen, i think its vol up+pwr or vol dwn+pwr
also the command is fastboot oem rebootRUU it is case specific.

Recovery sorted but the RebootRUU wont work and I have been case specific forget it... I see the error. Thank you. Will try now

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Recovery sorted but the RebootRUU wont work and I have been case specific forget it... I see the error. Thank you. Will try now

I dumbly followed the instructions on page one which says RebootRUU lol. I should know better :)

Last edited:

wera750

Jul 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I too would like to know this. I wouldn't mind the dark splash screen but want to make sure there are new ill effects.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

I flashed then to my AT&T m8,but upon boot it sat at the splash screen. I booted into recovery and it said I didn't have an OS installed to /system. So I had to flash the GPE RUU to get back going.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: REDFOCZ

REDFOCZ

Oct 17, 2008
Orlando, Fl
I flashed then to my AT&T m8,but upon boot it sat at the splash screen. I booted into recovery and it said I didn't have an OS installed to /system. So I had to flash the GPE RUU to get back going.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure if I'm ready to convert to a Gpe device just yet. I'll stick with what I have.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

grim489

Jan 4, 2011
I assume flashing this bootloader on normal m8 will result in GE dark bootloader?

Sent from my Viper One

I thought it would, but I believe the system partition is smaller. I flashed it thinking I could have dark boot loader with my sense ROM, but it wiped my phone and I couldn't install venom back on my device, and it wouldn't boot. Finally thought it might be boot loader related so when I flashed back it worked again. But even with hboot back to the Dev hboot it says version 3.16 or whatever the gpe boot loader version is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WreckTangle

grim489

Jan 4, 2011
Is 3.16 the hboot version on all HTC m8s? I may have been mistaken in my previous post

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All files can be downloaded from my website http://www.graffixnyc.com/m8.php

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    added bootloader and splash screen to OP
    On the stock recovery when you see dead Andy hold the volume up button and press the power button once.
    You would see the options you are asking for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my Viper One

@graffixnyc I wondered why you had resurrected the post from so long ago until I read the previous post lol. The irony was lost on me.... not good for an English teacher!