[Q] Help Overclocking SM-P600 ARM A15 cores: is it possible?

Search This thread

NerroEx

Jan 2, 2014
Ive gotten apps that can over clock the cores, but it's only the 4 SMALL cores which clock at 1.3 GHZ and can over clock into 1.9 GHZ but I don't need that since the Exynos 5 Octa has 4 OTHER cores that clock at 1.9GHZ. The Dolphin emulator doesn't use the 1.9GHZ cores. When I over clock there 1.3GHZ to 1.9GHZ while playing Super Smash Bros Melee, it runs just as good as the Note 3 does, which is 2.3GHZ SnapDragon. If I were to use AND over clock the 1.9GHZ cores, I may be able to run that and also other graphic intense games almost perfectly. Help please.

nrage23

Ive gotten apps that can over clock the cores, but it's only the 4 SMALL cores which clock at 1.3 GHZ and can over clock into 1.9 GHZ but I don't need that since the Exynos 5 Octa has 4 OTHER cores that clock at 1.9GHZ. The Dolphin emulator doesn't use the 1.9GHZ cores. When I over clock there 1.3GHZ to 1.9GHZ while playing Super Smash Bros Melee, it runs just as good as the Note 3 does, which is 2.3GHZ SnapDragon. If I were to use AND over clock the 1.9GHZ cores, I may be able to run that and also other graphic intense games almost perfectly. Help please.

Overclocking was attempted with the Bindroid Kernel but it would not stick. As for it running better on the Note 3, you are pushing a lot fewer pixels on the Note 3 (1200x1980) versus Note 2014 (2560x1600)

NerroEx

Jan 2, 2014
Overclocking was attempted with the Bindroid Kernel but it would not stick. As for it running better on the Note 3, you are pushing a lot fewer pixels on the Note 3 (1200x1980) versus Note 2014 (2560x1600)

:confused: what's a bindroid kernel lol and well then shouldn't that mean that it should be harder to run on the tablet??? and also if I were to over clock the bigger cores and over clock the gpu, which so far the apps that over clock gpu's are only for Snapdargon, then it would run better than any device on the market.

Also, I found this: "The core switching is controlled by a firmware layer that sits in between the software and the chip itself. Operating systems can be tweaked to better support big.LITTLE's particular arrangement of cores, but any OS that supports power state switching for CPUs (any mainstream operating system from the last decade or so) can take advantage of big.LITTLE without any additional changes."
Source:http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-03/19/exynos-5-octa

Though this is for the galaxy s4, it should be the architecture as the note 10.1 2014. But is it possible to tweak that firmware or even MANUALLY activate the 4 stronger cores at will???

Last edited:

nrage23

:confused: what's a bindroid kernel lol and well then shouldn't that mean that it should be harder to run on the tablet??? and also if I were to over clock the bigger cores and over clock the gpu, which so far the apps that over clock gpu's are only for Snapdargon, then it would run better than any device on the market.

Also, I found this: "The core switching is controlled by a firmware layer that sits in between the software and the chip itself. Operating systems can be tweaked to better support big.LITTLE's particular arrangement of cores, but any OS that supports power state switching for CPUs (any mainstream operating system from the last decade or so) can take advantage of big.LITTLE without any additional changes."
Source:http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-03/19/exynos-5-octa

Though this is for the galaxy s4, it should be the architecture as the note 10.1 2014. But is it possible to tweak that firmware or even MANUALLY activate the 4 stronger cores at will???

You may want to do some more research before you do anything. Most aspects of the CPU or GPU are handled by the kernel. The only way you can overclock any device is with a custom kernel that has the higher frequencies in the tables. DutchDanny tried to get overclocking working but it did not work. You can however underclock most any device since it has all the lower frequencies listed. If we wanted to enable Big Little on the Note 2014 we would need Samsung to release source code enabling it. Which I am sure they will not do. Again the Big Little is kernel dependent. The Android OS is not the problem Samsung is the problem. Do a search there is a very good thread about the 8 core thing.

NerroEx

Jan 2, 2014
You may want to do some more research before you do anything. Most aspects of the CPU or GPU are handled by the kernel. The only way you can overclock any device is with a custom kernel that has the higher frequencies in the tables. DutchDanny tried to get overclocking working but it did not work. You can however underclock most any device since it has all the lower frequencies listed. If we wanted to enable Big Little on the Note 2014 we would need Samsung to release source code enabling it. Which I am sure they will not do. Again the Big Little is kernel dependent. The Android OS is not the problem Samsung is the problem. Do a search there is a very good thread about the 8 core thing.

Wait wuuut I heard there was going to be an update for the Exynos 5 octa for Big.Little Architecture ???

nrage23

Actually I heard either in Q4 or Q3 they were going to release an update :cowboy:

I got the Note 2014 the day it came out and I check all kinds of news/forums everyday. I have seen nothing where they stated they would update any current devices with big.LITTLE. They have stated by the end of the year they would release new devices with big.LITTLE implemented. I would guess the first ones would be the 6 core midrange processor due to heat and power usage. You can get a lot more information from this thread in the main section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2645875

Reactions: NerroEx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually I heard either in Q4 or Q3 they were going to release an update :cowboy:

I got the Note 2014 the day it came out and I check all kinds of news/forums everyday. I have seen nothing where they stated they would update any current devices with big.LITTLE. They have stated by the end of the year they would release new devices with big.LITTLE implemented. I would guess the first ones would be the 6 core midrange processor due to heat and power usage. You can get a lot more information from this thread in the main section.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2645875