Poor Sound

Search This thread

HOX User

Apr 7, 2014
Since sense 5 official ota update sound has become worser,,probably the worst i have heard in earphones in any phone,,

Too much distortions at full volume

Any Fix?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I haven't noticed a significant change in headphone sound with Sense 5. Also to be clear, are we talking wired headset, or Bluetooth?

As to the fix, you've already been instructed (several times) how to downgrade to Sense 4+ in timmaaa's n00b thread; if that is what you want to do.

Alternately, you can try an equalizer app, or flash a custom AOSP ROM with DSP Manager, to see if tweaking helps at all.

Don't see the point in starting 2 new threads, for essentially the same question.

Last edited:

HOX User

Apr 7, 2014
I Meant Wired Headset & Turn Beats Off then volume will be very low as compared to sense 4 when we turn beats off

Is it necessary to s off or should i just unlock bootloader & install sense 4 rom via recovery?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I Meant Wired Headset & Turn Beats Off then volume will be very low as compared to sense 4 when we turn beats off

Someone on here commented that the volume is artificially reduced when Beats is off, to make you think that Beats magically makes the music "louder". I'm not sure if this applies only to Sense 5, or if its something that was there before, but maybe made more pronounced with Sense 5. If you don't like the equalizer profile of Beats, maybe you can use an equalizer app (as I already suggested) to tweak it more to your liking, while keeping the "higher" volume level made possible by having Beats on.

Is it necessary to s off or should i just unlock bootloader & install sense 4 rom via recovery?

You've asked the same question in timmaaa's n00b Q&A thread. Its really confusing when you jump back and forth between threads. Folks may end up needlessly duplicated efforts. This is the reason why you shouldn't create or post the same questions in multiple threads ("cross posting"). I'll keep my answers to the bootloader unlock question in the n00b Q&A thread.

HOX User

Apr 7, 2014
Ok and kindly tell about ur hd phone's hd video playback & reply me in ask anything thread too please