[Q] tethering, cm11 firefox doesn't work everything else does

Search This thread

cptdondo

Dec 29, 2013
I have T-Mobile and I am allowed tethering. I am running cm11 on both my phone and my wifi-only tablet. If I use chrome on the tablet I can browse all I want, all web apps work, Email works. Firefox on the tablet redirects to my T-Mobile account page.

This used to work with the stock nexus galaxy tab ROMs.

Any ideas why ff is doing this?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have T-Mobile and I am allowed tethering. I am running cm11 on both my phone and my wifi-only tablet. If I use chrome on the tablet I can browse all I want, all web apps work, Email works. Firefox on the tablet redirects to my T-Mobile account page.

This used to work with the stock nexus galaxy tab ROMs.

Any ideas why ff is doing this?

Have you checked APN settings? May be not included in the CM11 build. Non working tethering may be CM11 bug as its still in "nightly" status. Have you checked changelog of your custom rom?

cptdondo

Dec 29, 2013
Have you checked APN settings? May be not included in the CM11 build. Non working tethering may be CM11 bug as its still in "nightly" status. Have you checked changelog of your custom rom?

Yes, I actually added the tethering fix. Tethering works with Chrome, all apps, email, but not Firefox. There's something about FF that makes TMobile redirect to my tmobile home page.

That's what I'm trying to figure out - what is so special about firefox?

cptdondo

Dec 29, 2013
[SOLVED] tethering, cm11 firefox doesn't work everything else does

Yes, I actually added the tethering fix. Tethering works with Chrome, all apps, email, but not Firefox. There's something about FF that makes TMobile redirect to my tmobile home page.

That's what I'm trying to figure out - what is so special about firefox?

HAH! Turns out when I flashed CM11 it apparently carried over the old Firefox cache and config. When I reset firefox (apps|firefox|clear data and apps|fierfox|clear cache) the problem went away.

The old config was using a UA of "Android 4", and showing Android version of 4.0.x instead of the correct Firefox 28 and Android 4.4.2.