[GENERAL HELP] Post Your Questions Here Instead of Making a New Thread

Search This thread

sud.vastav

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2013
Manipal
Many people are joining xda on daily basis. Some of them join the forum to get custom ROMs while some join in order to get some of their problem that they are facing with their phones solved.

There are dedicated threads for ROMs but what about HELP/QUESTIONS??

People generally straight away start a new thread to get their doubts solved. But this can lead to chaos in the forum.

I'm creating this thread as an alternative to *New Threads* that aim to resolve a question.

Not only this, this thread can also become a Database kind of place where people can look if their question is already solved or not...

I request all members of the Xperia C sub-forum to help and answer some questions posted here if they can.

I hope you guys get the idea behind this thread...

Last edited:

zensuke87

Mar 9, 2013
Unfortunately Contact has stop!!Help me please

Haii I'm newbie here...already using this phone just a week but now it keep saying Unfortunately Contact has stop!! Help me please:confused:

prashh17

Jul 28, 2013
Can someone share camera apk here please?

Sent from my C2305 using xda app-developers app

sud.vastav

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2013
Manipal
is there any tips to make camera on Xperia C shot with no lags like other android phones?
i feel the camera taking much long time to capture...
sorry for my bad english

You need to make some changes in the focus mode...
AFAIK auto focus takes more time...

Haii I'm newbie here...already using this phone just a week but now it keep saying Unfortunately Contact has stop!! Help me please:confused:

Try repairing your phone using PC Companion or Sony Update Service.

Can someone share camera apk here please?

Do you need the stock camera apk?
I don't own the device. May be @metalrules321 can upload it.

prashh17

Jul 28, 2013
Yupp I need stock camera apk. Lost it and didn't back up..

africabound

Apr 11, 2014
Can't read my sim cards at all

hello, someone brought me a C2305 from China, but it can't recognize any sim cards - either from Bell or Wind. What should I do? Is it possilble to flash it into frequencies that are usable in Canada?

PDVirus

Nov 21, 2013
Laggy camera

is there any tips to make camera on Xperia C shot with no lags like other android phones?
i feel the camera taking much long time to capture...
sorry for my bad english

I have a workaround. What I do is, keep the camera button (on the screen) pressed, which lets you focus, and when I have to click the picture, I just leave the button. So I keep the camera button pressed till then, I do I same thing when I am taking a selfie as well. :)

Reactions: dhream

TacoNikky

Dec 12, 2013
Istanbul
hello, someone brought me a C2305 from China, but it can't recognize any sim cards - either from Bell or Wind. What should I do? Is it possilble to flash it into frequencies that are usable in Canada?

Hi, use wmshua super flash tool and flash B.2.13 Generic firmware. Then you will be able to use your phone like others ;)

Sil3nT kill3r

Apr 20, 2014
xpera c

can anyone create rom like galaxy grand or 4.3 rom

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

i have installed latest update on my xperia c using sony pc companion but my s1 boot version is 2.14.J.0.68..and i want to install cwm or twrp but they need latest s1 boot version can i update my xc using .ftf file can it cause any damage.

sorry for bad english

AkakZz

Apr 22, 2013
Guwahati
Dumping system-sign.sin

Guys i've tried a lot of things in order to extract the system-sign.sin file but unfortunately everything failed. I tried to extract it using flashtool but it gave me new file named system-sign.ext4. I even tried various tools to extract the .ext4 file but again failed. I can understand that it's signed and maybe thats what troubling me. So can u guys help me in getting the system folder extracted from the system-sign.sin

Xenon1978

Mar 7, 2014
Bangalore
Guys i've tried a lot of things in order to extract the system-sign.sin file but unfortunately everything failed. I tried to extract it using flashtool but it gave me new file named system-sign.ext4. I even tried various tools to extract the .ext4 file but again failed. I can understand that it's signed and maybe thats what troubling me. So can u guys help me in getting the system folder extracted from the system-sign.sin

use android kitchen to extract it or use this tool ext4_unpacker & extract it.

Nick Jay

Jul 1, 2012
www.linkedin.com
can anyone create rom like galaxy grand or 4.3 rom

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

i have installed latest update on my xperia c using sony pc companion but my s1 boot version is 2.14.J.0.68..and i want to install cwm or twrp but they need latest s1 boot version can i update my xc using .ftf file can it cause any damage.

sorry for bad english

Many of XC users have done that... It won't cause any harm if you follow the steps properly but the procedure is kinda cocky...
Pm me if u need any help :)

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

marginbull

Jul 28, 2013
Memory Issue

Hello guys... as we all are aware about the memory issue of Xperia C. It has only 4 gb of internal storage out of which only 1 gb is available as Device Memory. It is not at all sufficient when you use more apps. besides I am facing some issues.. I have plenty of apps. but i moved all of them in SD card and i calculated its space in device memory it is like 550 mbs. still it shows that i have only around 85 mb of space remaining. Is there any way i can manage all this apps. i want to install more but i cant bcoz of such memory issues. any one found any solution please post . I had read somewhere about Link to Sd. i dnt kno what does that mean and how does it work but if any one can help me plz help. plz see the attached images below for more information.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 1904230_706147589428883_555686876339088365_n.jpg
    1904230_706147589428883_555686876339088365_n.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 10178121_706147559428886_1947496637514862156_n.jpg
    10178121_706147559428886_1947496637514862156_n.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 10257768_706147609428881_5555899457934906502_n.jpg
    10257768_706147609428881_5555899457934906502_n.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 92

blaster282

Mar 15, 2014
Hello guys... as we all are aware about the memory issue of Xperia C. It has only 4 gb of internal storage out of which only 1 gb is available as Device Memory. It is not at all sufficient when you use more apps. besides I am facing some issues.. I have plenty of apps. but i moved all of them in SD card and i calculated its space in device memory it is like 550 mbs. still it shows that i have only around 85 mb of space remaining. Is there any way i can manage all this apps. i want to install more but i cant bcoz of such memory issues. any one found any solution please post . I had read somewhere about Link to Sd. i dnt kno what does that mean and how does it work but if any one can help me plz help. plz see the attached images below for more information.
Thank you.
You can use link2sd to link your app to sd card. Search GG for a detailed instruction :eek: Sr for my bad English.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many people are joining xda on daily basis. Some of them join the forum to get custom ROMs while some join in order to get some of their problem that they are facing with their phones solved.

There are dedicated threads for ROMs but what about HELP/QUESTIONS??

People generally straight away start a new thread to get their doubts solved. But this can lead to chaos in the forum.

I'm creating this thread as an alternative to *New Threads* that aim to resolve a question.

Not only this, this thread can also become a Database kind of place where people can look if their question is already solved or not...

I request all members of the Xperia C sub-forum to help and answer some questions posted here if they can.

I hope you guys get the idea behind this thread...
    Whenever I try to download or update I clear the cache and use clean master. It used to work before. Now it doesn't. I had snapchat, instagram, crop pic and other apps installed then. I've deleted all those apps. I did that to install different apps. Now I can't even install new ones, even with fewer apps than before.
    You can very easily solve your problem

Step 1 : Root Your Device >>>> VISIT THIS THREAD
    Step 2 : Install Link2SD Application.
    Step 3 : Open Link2SD application and grant it the superuser permission.
    Step 4 : From the dropdown menu on the top select the option "updated"
    Step 5 : You will find all your updated apps there, long press the apps and select the option "integrate update into system".
    Do this with all the updated apps and then restart your device. (you might see some force close errors during this, just ignore them... all will be gone when you restart your device)
    Step 6 : Press the thanks button below this post!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Thats cause yr phone storage is full due to syatema app updates

Use the methid in isiddharth post avove

Well THIS is also a good method
    Thanks a lot compandre for this thread.

The xperia c section was slowly turning into a mess of nightmare with many, many useless threads.

I hope this solves the clutter :)
    guys..
    is there a hope to install a rom based on kitkat for our device in the near future ??

tnkx

Well the changes are slim. The main reasons behind this are:
    *Locked Bootloader- Obviously needs no explanation.
    *Less developers support: Not many devs support Xperia C. Many great devs managed to run CM11 on devices with locked bootloaders like Xperia X10, SP but unfortunately there aren't any such devs supporting Xperia C.
    Some leaked Sony documents show that Xperia C will receive JB 4.3 by July. If that update brings the ability to unlock bootloader then there's some hope else Xperia C would have to stay with JB.

my xperia C suddenly wont respond to touch. no response at all. all stock running latest fw and not rooted. but the phone is on and working, vibrate, led, all. its just the screen that wont work. never been dropped or bumped. please help thanks

Simple. Try repairing with PCC or SUS. If that doesn't works, take it to service centre.
    What is honami framework?

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk
    Honami is Xperia Z1. So Honami framework is Xperia Z1 styled framework.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    :D Hey guys do this (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712253&page=9#post58096322) Works on our phone ? xperia c
    and I just want to know if you know how to merge sdcard0 to internal

There is an easier way to increase your Internal Memory. You may not see change in settings>>storage but Internal Storage after this will not be consumed and you will have more free and some extra space from before.

NOTE : your SD card will be formatted in the process)

Step 1 : Install Link2SD application on your rooted device.
    Step 2 : Reboot your device in to CWM
    Step 3 : When CWM has started, go to advanced>>partition SD card>>(now select the amount you want to give to internal storage)(max 4GB)
    Step 4 : Wait for some time. Till the process Completes
    Step 5 : After the process is complete reboot your device.
    Step 6 : Now open Link2SD application and it will automatically open a pop-up
    Step 7 : Select the "ext3" option from that pop-up.
    Step 8 : Reboot your device after this. Done!
    Step 9 : Press the Thanks Button below!